Sign in to follow this  
spetznaz14

Fog bug again!!!!

Actually its not only a problem on the 8800, im having the exact same thing on my HD2900XT, tried both catalyst 7.6 and 7.7, win xp and vista 64-bit. had a X1800XT before and had no problem at all

Yes i get it too with my 2900 on ANY mission it seems. Really annoying when trying to use a 107.

Don't seem as bad as the 8800's though.

Suma just added a comment to the BTS implying this is fixed in next patch biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Different set of shaders implemented for shader Model 3

Suma just added a comment to the BTS implying this is fixed in next patch biggrin_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Different set of shaders implemented for shader Model 3

This sounds interesting, very interesting!

I hope it means i will be able to increase shadder detail, since i have an high end SM 3 video card and have to use shadder detail at low sad_o.gif .

Let's hope that, when it is fixed, we will never see this stupid bug again!

MfG Lee

Amen to that..

hmm i got a GF8800GTS-640 dint see the "fog bug" or i need just to test it a litll more .. tounge2.gif

hmm its nov 3 and no 1.09 patch ... banghead.gif

Yep "done when its done" but the game is already "done" for me and I dont think they'll be many full servers anyway for long.

Yes its starting to get that way to me but I'll give some more time . If it get as bad as what GSC did to stalker SOC patch release's I'll dump this and move on ,so far from all the years I've been playimg BIS games (OFP and add ons and now ARMA ) They have stepped up and fixed their problems . But after all the stalker crap and 2K's attempt in being the first game NAZIS of the world I'm starting to get a little leary of buying a new games till its been out for 2-3 months first .

The patch will be released at the same time as ArmA Gold Edition, which means we will be getting it next week.

The patch will be released at the same time as ArmA Gold Edition, which means we will be getting it next week.

Arma Gold is released since end of September!

I've seen it sitting right beneath the Queens Gambit Addon on the stores shelf.

Arma Gold is released since end of September!

I've seen it sitting right beneath the Queens Gambit Addon on the stores shelf.

Not on all countries yet.

Why didnt BIS put this in a hotfix if they found the solution. It makes all DX10 card owners very sad.

And they DID make a hotfix to fix a ladder bug and russian translation.... sad_o.gif

Why didnt BIS put this in a hotfix if they found the solution.

Everyone want to know.

Nobody knows...

MfG Lee

Any news when patch 1.09 is done to get rid of the fog bug?

Yes I know, "it's done when it's done". But when is that?

Please only useful informations here, thanks.

MfG Lee

hmm i got a GF8800GTS-640 dint see the "fog bug" or i need just to test it a litll more .. tounge2.gif

compare two games running side by side

one with a 8800 and one with a 7xxx and with the same settings and view disatance the 8800 card looks like there is some kind of forest fire like where i live it looks like that in the summer when there is forest fires. Its bearable but annoying

Yes you do.

It doesn't look that bad to me though. Although I don't have a DX10 card so I haven't actually played with it.

Yeah you have the fog bug, to me i can live with it though even though when i see others screenshots they look sharper i dont mind to wait out for the patch, 2 beter testers of the new patch in my clan say its definitly fixed so i look forward to getting this patch. But for now i can wait...

And to not releasing a hotfix it might be complicated or it might be incorparated into the main part of the patch so they cant simple make a hot fix for it.

Tho i am hoping for a release very soon before december. but who knows

You can adjust the fog bug... with your HDR , Lotss of fogbug with 16/32, less with 8

I have been playing ARMA for months with first 8800 GTS and now with the GTX and I have been very happy with it until now. Why, oh why did I read this thread....

Seriously, this is not a big issue, I have never even noticed it, not a big deal at all, there are much more important problems to deal with.

kklownboy - where is the HDR setting?

Everyone else - to me (on my rig with a GF8800 Ultra), the fog bug IS a big deal if you are flying the Warthog or Harrier.

Traveling fast in these planes and peering ahead into the "soup", whether attempting to locate a target (as in "oh crap, I just flew by it") or avoid terrain (as in "oh crap, where did that sheer rock face flying at me come from?"), is a real pain.

It can also be a pain for sniping from a long distance.

I REALLY wish BI had not delayed sending this fix out. C'MON BI, LET US HAVE THAT PATCH!