Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH weapons

I do believe there were 2 versions of the Pecheneg. This would mean simply "selecting the other one".

Right, last time a freind of mine & I had a very hard time taking out a single m.gunner armed with Pecheneg+optics in MP: two exteneded US fireteams v.s. one guy with Pecheneg... he waisted half of my men before I even saw him, damn cheaters! crazy_o.gif

Well the thing exists and it also exist with that optics weapon combo in real life.

If you dont like that people use such weaps in MP matches then just dont make them availeable in such maps.

Any more brilliant ideas? banghead.gif

In any case, that virtual Pecheneg m.gunner is already in HECK smile_o.gif & next time I'll just arm all of my soldiers with anti-material sniper riflez...

Btw, do u know why Skaven did not include any m.guns with optics in the RACS weapon pack? To prevent such "overkill" firefights, I think.

@ Zadoff1880

If you don't like the machine guns with optics, adjust your tactics to deal with them, use stealth, and cunning and sneak up on the sneaky gits, you'll get more satisfaction from it at the same time..........

With weapons manufacturers now producing their weapons with the facility for mounting sights it'll becom more common to see MG's with optics. Take H&K's MG4 for example, optics are fitted as standard.

This really isnt even a real problem...its just someone who needs to work on their skills.

Dont complain because some weapons in a war sim have optics, its just silly.

I do look forward to whats coming out in this thread. Good job! thumbs-up.gif

@ Zadoff1880

If you don't like the machine guns with optics, adjust your tactics to deal with them, use stealth, and cunning and sneak up on the sneaky gits, you'll get more satisfaction from it at the same time..........

With weapons manufacturers now producing their weapons with the facility for mounting sights it'll becom more common to see MG's with optics. Take H&K's MG4 for example, optics are fitted as standard.

There are many ways of dealing with this problem, both in real life, and in the game: Snipers, with longer-ranged, more accurate fire. Heavy, long-ranged, direct-fire weapons like tank guns, ATGM's, or air strikes, and indirect-fire from mortars, and artillery.

Scopes just provide an GPMG gunner with a slightly greater advantage than they previously had- But the minute the enemy knows where that gunner is, that gunner is dead meat.

Modern technology and tactics means that the scoped M-gunner can get a few additional kills, but he's still got to shoot and scoot- or his few remaining parts are soon going home in a bag when they collect enough of them.

"OH NOES! DERE'S A LEET GUNNER WIT DA SCOPE AN TEH MAD SKILLZ!" pistols.gif

*Radios to command...

UAV is tasked to find/fix/engage with Hellfire ATGM...

BOOM!

Problem solved. goodnight.gif

Next!

Funny thing is people are never happy, if we didnt add it people would hae said, oh why isnt it in the pack, if we have it in people moan that its unfair biggrin_o.gif

Well sometimes life isnt that fair and as i said this combo exists and some units like selected VDV ones have lots of weapons with 1p29 or other scopes and you also can often see the Pecheneg or even PKM with scopes.

Also not my fault that the pecheneg is a pretty accurate machinegun tounge2.gif

Surely a lone machinegunner can be easily outflanked?

Back on topic, those machineguns are exquisite! thumbs-up.gif

Surely a lone machinegunner can be easily outflanked?

Back on topic, those machineguns are exquisite! thumbs-up.gif

Well, yes. But IRL, the GPMG is typically operated by a two-man team, the gunner and the assistant gunner.

Actually, along with MG's equipped with scopes and bipods/tripods, it would be really great ( and more realistic, ) if an assistant gunner unit was included in the mod. This guy would carry additional ammo for the MG, and is used to find targets with binoculars and provide the gunner with additional short-range protection.

This would probably be best implemented as a new selection in the "Group" menu, perhaps labeled as "GPMG Team".

'Course, snipers operate this way as well, and I haven't yet seen any "Scout" units to accompany the sniper either. confused_o.gif

But, I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

people moan that its unfair biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, that's right, people moan that it is unfair.

If people had more US weapons of RHS quality (& quantity) people probably wouldn't moan, but people don't have any at this moment, so people continue to moan. Besidez, that Pecheneg thing is not even officially adopted, so

people moan about that too. People seem to moan a lot lately.  xmas_o.gif

VIPER SHIVA... oops, never mind, I did find some info about anti-infantry Hellfirz - it must be the most expansive way to deal with Pecheneg m.gunnerz smile_o.gif

Hey, is that true that the word "Pecheneg" is translated something like "Tartar"?..

Anyway... we had SO many M4A1 automatic carbinez in OFP;

Every modeller wanted to make one. Perhaps it's the right time to return to that good old tradition? icon_rolleyes.gif

VIPER SHIVA... oops, never mind, I did find some info about anti-infantry Hellfirz - it must be the most expansive way to deal with Pecheneg m.gunnerz smile_o.gif

Well actually, I was being a bit dramatic, but- Hellfire has been used quite a few times to take out infantry in recent years. It is an expensive option, but it's VERY effective.

I did list other methods that were probably just as effective and cheaper than a Hellfire.

I like how you textured the number on the stock of the 249.

Good work! I cant wait to use them sexy bitches!  rofl.gif

thumbs-up.gif   pistols.gif  notworthy.gif

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but Robert I think you would do it justice...

walther-wa2000-1.jpg

WA2000

Got to say great work though!  notworthy.gif Looking forward to seeing more.

Yeah, that's right, people moan that it is unfair.

If people had more US weapons of RHS quality (& quantity) people probably wouldn't moan, but people don't have any at this moment, so people continue to moan. Besidez, that Pecheneg thing is not even officially adopted, so

people moan about that too. People seem to moan a lot lately. xmas_o.gif

Hey, is that true that the word "Pecheneg" is translated something like "Tartar"?..

Anyway... we had SO many M4A1 automatic carbinez in OFP;

Every modeller wanted to make one. Perhaps it's the right time to return to that good old tradition? icon_rolleyes.gif

Well for being unofficial a lot of troops are already equipped with them, masses of different pics mostly from chechnya speak for itself.

By your logic we would have to wait till a mod makes some us weapon pack with some scoped machinegun and then release together with them so everything is balanced.

Lets see it that way, maybe the scope makes up for the BIS SAW that is more than accurate even on longest bursts.

But whatever i say i will not satisfy you as you already have you opinion so i will shut up now.

Looking very nice on the MG's

I work as an executive officer at IBOLC on Ft Benning, and alot of our SAWs look pretty damn close to the MK-48s

still got the solid stocks and the RIS kits, most of the time we mount CCO's or the 145's on them.

As far as the scopes for the machine guns are conerned, I wouldnt put anything like an ACOG on a 7.62 machine gun. Ive seen pictures where its been done, but the ACOG is designed for the trajerctory of the 5.56. I guess you could make it work on at machine gun, but it would be iffy at best. We just default on the M145's for our MG's

Love the MK-43 by the way, cant wait to see it

Well for being unofficial a lot of troops are already equipped with them, masses of different pics mostly from chechnya speak for itself.

By your logic we would have to wait till a mod makes some us weapon pack with some scoped machinegun and then release together with them so everything is balanced.

Yeah, u are talking about the O.M.O.N. with Pechenegs - they were the ONLY units with these weapons - they had to beta-test those Pechenegs, basically.

By my logic you would not have to do anything smile_o.gif

I am a strong supported of the US forces, so any RF weapon u make simply makes the Enemy stronger, and so I don't really like it  wink_o.gif

Besides, since u prefer realism over proper gameplay, u ought to know that NO m.gun can ever hit a soldier at 1000m like a sniper weapon - it's just out of the question. But it's not that hard in ArmA smile_o.gif PK & PKM are effective against individual soldiers at 500-600m; Pechenegs are a bit better, I assume - 800m at best; after that, they are only useful against large groups of infantry or big tragets, like cars & trucks.

From what i heard from People that were allowed to shoot the PKM is that its quite accurate so the Pecheneg should be even better, however i guess personal preference may also influence this opinion.

Btw, think your info on OMON only using the Pechneg is wrong but since i can not proof it to you like you cant proof it to me lets end this discussion for good before we make Robert go crazy.

Add some scoped US Machineguns Robert and all is balanced again wink_o.gif

Yeah, u are talking about the O.M.O.N. with Pechenegs - they were the ONLY units with these weapons - they had to beta-test those Pechenegs, basically.

By my logic you would not have to do anything smile_o.gif

I am a strong supported of the US forces, so any RF weapon u make simply makes the Enemy stronger, and so I don't really like it  wink_o.gif

Besides, since u prefer realism over proper gameplay, u ought to know that NO m.gun can ever hit a soldier at 1000m like a sniper weapon - it's just out of the question. But it's not that hard in ArmA smile_o.gif PK & PKM are effective against individual soldiers at 500-600m; Pechenegs are a bit better, I assume - 800m at best; after that, they are only useful against large groups of infantry or big tragets, like cars & trucks.

Pecheneg actually has low dispersion, as seen on some videos... whistle.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aQkoDiuWWw

Quote[/b] ]Add some scoped US Machineguns Robert and all is balanced again wink_o.gif

RGR that  biggrin_o.gif

Pecheneg actually has low dispersion, as seen on some videos...   whistle.gif

Aha, firing from a mounted m.gun at a target 150m away, right? Always loved those RF military commercials... wink_o.gif

RobertHammer - that WW2 weapon pack u have mentioned earlier, is there mg42 in it??

Shadow NX - about those OMON\SWAT beta-testers: the developer of Pecheneg said it himself, & my Russian is good enough to translate it smile_o.gif

Yeeees!! RobertHammer is alive and feeling well!  yay.gif

Were u able to import anything else from S.T.A.L.K.E.R?

Like that Abakan, or SVD-Y, or Groza+GL?..

Offtop. - our dearest RHS friends got tired of that Pecheneg discussion so soon? whistle.gif

The RH Pistol Pack is the only decent weapons mod out for ArmA.

All the other mods have nasty cosmetic flaws, like low poly iron sights and unconvincing textures.

Yeeees!! RobertHammer is alive and feeling well! yay.gif

Were u able to import anything else from S.T.A.L.K.E.R?

Like that Abakan, or SVD-Y, or Groza+GL?..

Offtop. - our dearest RHS friends got tired of that Pecheneg discussion so soon? whistle.gif

Yes my dearest mate and to be honest i think all is said.

The RH Pistol Pack is the only decent weapons mod out for ArmA.All the other mods have nasty cosmetic flaws, like low poly iron sights and unconvincing textures.

As well as the RF weapons v.2 (my astrologist said that if the V.3 will be out before this X-mas, then all RHS memebrs will have plenty of cash & good luck in 2008) & RACS weaps.

Quote[/b] ]The RH Pistol Pack is the only decent weapons mod out for ArmA.

All the other mods have nasty cosmetic flaws, like low poly iron sights and unconvincing textures.

What a stupid assertion. icon_rolleyes.gif I suppose the RHS work has "low poly iron sights" and "unconvincing textures" too, eh.

No offense to Robert, but his pistol pack had plenty of issues last time I looked as well. And what a convincing normal map that Desert Eagle had on it!