Sign in to follow this  
gmJamez

SightAdjustment (windage+elevation)

weapon configuration

The weapons can be configured by changing a few parameters within the weapon's class by editing the file "config.cpp" of this mod ("GMJ_SightAdjustment\config.cpp") or any other mod. To do that, you have to unpbo the mod, edit the file and pbo it once again.

Two setups are included - using mil mode (= mil dots) and MOA mode (= minute of angle).

[*] Switch between mil and MOA mode by changing the GMJ_SA_mode parameter. Supported values are "MIL" and "MOA".

e.g. GMJ_SA_mode = "MOA";

I can't get it to work - can't switch from MOA to MIL. I did excactly as per instructions but still no effect. Can someone help me with this?

Hi.

I did exactly as the instructions says. No problem here.

You need to Unpbo the file GMJ_SightAdjustment.pbo and edit the config.cpp file line 29, change GMJ_SA_mode = "MOA"; to GMJ_SA_mode = "MIL";

Save the file and pbo it again.

It works!

I DID follow the instructions correctly. What was wrong - I had double GMJ_SightAdjustment.pbo. One in Addons folder and one more in dedicated @dir.

Thank you very much anyway, MJK-Ranger01!

Hi there,

first I want to express my respect to you gmJamez, for your ingenuous and useful mod. It is a nice addition to standard rifle combat but shows it's full potential only when employed together with NWD Ballistics and Q11 Wind Deflection addons while using a sniper rifle.

I love to play with your mod but unfortunately suffer from the same problem as beukem: Whenever I start a mission, windage and elevation is available if I pick a rifle supporting it (e.g. M 24).

But the windage and elevation script never-ever survives a save-and-reload circle, no matter if it's an autosave or continue save.

Honestly, I use this mod not just alongside NWD Ballistics and Q11 addons. In fact, I use almost everything from the thread named "Addon Compilation for realism and immersion" here in the forums. Only addons I left out so far are the Xtra Mods and

Red 123 D's Fix.

Hopefully, you have some ideas on what could be conflicting with your addons. I want to add that I use the GMJ autoinit.pbo from the XEH 1.7 folder and do have working rangecards in my @general folder where I keep the gameplay mods from the above mentioned thread including GMJ windage and elevation.

Best regards,

tourist

Few more questions:

1. How do you get wind information - speed and direction?

2. Does my addon pack of Q11 wind deflection + NWD ballistics + NWD scope fix + GMJ Sight adjustment work in Multiplayer? I know that GMJ's addon works and NWD scope fix works as well but I can't confirm the rest.

EDIT:

DAMN IT! banghead.gif

It was all ok. Today I launched ArmA again and guess what - I have MOA instead of MIL again! I've deleted the addon (this time I'm sure I have only one pbo) and copied the MIL-modified pbo again. Still MOA! I even extracted and edited Ranger's pbo to make sure that the parameter says "MIL";

It made me want to trash the whole ArmA as this mod is one of the most importatnt for me banghead.gif

Don't know but you can use mil-dot reticle of your rifle scope to estimate the range. I've made this simple summary of basic mil-dot reticle usage recently.

mil-dot_reticle_byBucic.jpg

I don't take credits for this as the figure comes from US Army field manual FM 23-10 and I didn't discover the formulas myself.

FM 23-10 Chapter 2, Section IV also says that you can also use M19 and M22 Binoculars for range estimation as they also have "mil scale that is graduated in 10-mil increments".

The problem is we don't know if either the stock or NWD's (scope fix) binoculars have correct scale.

EDIT:

I've checked the NWD Scope Fix readme http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1850 and it seems that the scales are correct. Note that digit one means 10 mil so a man at 10 mil size is only about 170 meters away. This is where vertical dimensions of reticles on horizontal scale comes in handy. As you can see in this picture from NWD's readme http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/4-nwd_scopefix_9.jpg the upper half of the main scale reticle is about 3 mil while the upper half of the middle scale reticle is about 1,5 mil. These indicate a man at the distance of ~500m or ~1000m respectively. And it is all my assumptions smile_o.gif

For me binoculars mil scales are useless as most of my engagements are at ranges below 1000m.

Few more questions:

1. How do you get wind information - speed and direction?

2. Does my addon pack of Q11 wind deflection + NWD ballistics + NWD scope fix + GMJ Sight adjustment work in Multiplayer? I know that GMJ's addon works and NWD scope fix works as well but I can't confirm the rest.

EDIT:

DAMN IT!  banghead.gif

It was all ok. Today I launched ArmA again and guess what - I have MOA instead of MIL again! I've deleted the addon (this time I'm sure I have only one pbo) and copied the MIL-modified pbo again. Still MOA! I even extracted and edited Ranger's pbo to make sure that the parameter says "MIL";

It made me want to trash the whole ArmA as this mod is one of the most importatnt for me banghead.gif

Hi.

Have you only tried the MIL upload without any other mods, like NWD ect ect.. and see if you still got MOA. I have tested the MIL version and no problems here. I'm quiet sure it's one of your mods that makes that problem.

Cheers

Have you only tried the MIL upload without any other mods, like NWD ect ect.. and see if you still got MOA. I have tested the MIL version and no problems here. I'm quiet sure it's one of your mods that makes that problem.

Cheers

I have not but even when only GMJ's mod works alone so what then? I don't wan't to play without NWD's mods.

Can someone please clarify how should the correct install of NWD+GMJ addons look like? I mean the directory structure and any other condition that can ruin the installation.

My install is organised this way:

\armafolder\@GMJ_SightAdjustment

\armafolder\@NWD

with the command line:

\armafolder\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=@GMJ_SightAdjustment;@NWD;@sprintfix;@SPR

and I still get MOA. Doing clean reinstall of all NWD addons and the GMJ's addon right now...

I finaly got my range thing to work. (took me long enough)

Sniper-Range.jpg

Normal Arma ammo and ballistics + normal arma scopes..

Edit: Card updated

Asshole.jpg

Thanks for sharing RavenDK!

BTW! Still hope ColonelSandersLite returns someday and shares their/his fixed version of this great addon...

/KC

Thanks for sharing RavenDK!

BTW! Still hope ColonelSandersLite returns someday and shares their/his fixed version of this great addon...

/KC

+1

did you send him a PM - he should still be active

Yeah, it's ready to be released, and I intend to do so soon. Trying to get ahold of nonwonderdog about signing his ballistics and scope fix stuff though.

I'm using some model replacements for the default weapons, and this doesn't seem to work on some of them (works on m16 but not the m4, for example). Any ideas? I'm using the weapon setup suggested in The.D's 'realism' addon compilation.

I'm using some model replacements for the default weapons, and this doesn't seem to work on some of them (works on m16 but not the m4, for example). Any ideas? I'm using the weapon setup suggested in The.D's 'realism' addon compilation.

Which replacement file are you using? And for what pack is the replacement for?

I'm using all of the addons listed in that thread..

- Xtra

- ZGB

- rh weapons

- vwar

I believe that's it. All of the addons are listed in that thread I posted above.

I'm using all of the addons listed in that thread..

- Xtra

- ZGB

- rh weapons

- vwar

I believe that's it. All of the addons are listed in that thread I posted above.

What do you everyone? If you are using everyone and setup as suggested there should be no problems. There has gotta be a conflict coming from an AddOns/Mod that isn't in the list. Which replacement file are you using? In your first post it says "I'm using some model replacements for the default weapons..."

Does that mean you are trying to use a few together or only one replacement file at a time?

Are you using Mod folders for the user made content or do you throw everything into the main AddOns directory.

If you are using Mod folders, what does your target line in the shortcut look like?

We can help you figure out the problem but it's important to give all of the info regarding exactly which AddOns/Mods you use, which ArmA version you use, etc. There are so many possibilities that it's impossible to figure out which is causing the conflict if we can't replicate your set up.

I don't really know how to help at this point. When you get the time, post some more info and I'll try to replicate your set up and narrow down the culprit.

I'm not sure if this problem has been mentioned in this thread in the past. But it could be that this won't work for certain weapons classes, maybe someone else can provide an answer to this.

Maybe my terminology isn't accurate then. I use the addons I listed above (all of them) and when I create a generic rifleman in the editor, I'm using a higher-quality model than the default. So in that respect, I considered them a replacement. No?

I have the addons broken up into 3 folders, as suggest in the thread outline (@ECS, @General, @Replacements).

My shortcut is: E:\ArmA\arma.exe -world=empty -nosplash -mod=@ECS;@General;@Replacements

So like you said, there should be no problem. Maybe I'll have to nuke it all and start over or something. The default rifleman rifle (I M4 or M16 red dot) doesn't work with this elevation addon for me. If I switch to a regular m16, it works fine. MG's also work fine. So it's touchy-feely in a way. Not sure how to debug other than to just nuke it all and start over. I can post images of the addons in my folders, if need be.

Maybe my terminology isn't accurate then. I use the addons I listed above (all of them) and when I create a generic rifleman in the editor, I'm using a higher-quality model than the default. So in that respect, I considered them a replacement. No?

I have the addons broken up into 3 folders, as suggest in the thread outline (@ECS, @General, @Replacements).

My shortcut is: E:\ArmA\arma.exe -world=empty -nosplash -mod=@ECS;@General;@Replacements

So like you said, there should be no problem. Maybe I'll have to nuke it all and start over or something. The default rifleman rifle (I M4 or M16 red dot) doesn't work with this elevation addon for me. If I switch to a regular m16, it works fine. MG's also work fine. So it's touchy-feely in a way. Not sure how to debug other than to just nuke it all and start over. I can post images of the addons in my folders, if need be.

What do you mean you use a "higher quality model"? As in a user made unit like Cam's or .Jonny's?

I still don't know what you mean by using all of them from that thread? You said you use all of them then listed just Xtra, ZGB, vwar and RH weapons.

Once again, we can't help you if you just say you use all of them. There's a good change something you have in one of the modfolders is causing a conflict and if that's the case, you got something that wasn't recommended in The.D's thread.

Do you have any replacement files in the @replacement folder?

What's in the General folder?

Do you only have ECS files in the @ECS folder?

Just list the .pbo's. It may be time consuming but it's really the only way I can tell you what may be the culprit.

Just a quick suggestion, try to remove the Xtra Mod .pbo's. And also try it with out ECS running as well. Actually, just try running the game with only sight adjustment files. That way you can make sure it at least works on it's own on your rig. If it works on it's own, then you gotta find the culprit by trial and error.(Basically adding or removing the other user made .pbo's until it either works or doesn't. Depending on if you start with all AddOns/Mods active and remove them one by one or start with SA only and keep adding the other content.)

EDIT

If you take a picture of all the .pbo's from those Mod folders that will help tremendously.

I dug through all of the addons and found the culprit - NWD_SightAdjustmentPlugin.pbo

The thread in question had the NWD mods listed, though I should have slowed down and paid more attention to the PBO's themselves.

Sorry for the confusion, thanks for the help - works great after removing that.

I dug through all of the addons and found the culprit - NWD_SightAdjustmentPlugin.pbo

The thread in question had the NWD mods listed, though I should have slowed down and paid more attention to the PBO's themselves.

Sorry for the confusion, thanks for the help - works great after removing that.

I'm glad to hear it works. biggrin_o.gif

There is a problem using this great mod with others like Six-tracers, is there a way to use both working properly ?

There is a problem using this great mod with others like Six-tracers, is there a way to use both working properly ?

i already answered you in the 6thS thread ...

Quote[/b] ]
"Six Tracer" seems to be not compatible with "sight adjustment" addons, that is a must have ..

Anybody else have the same problem ?

try this it works 'fine' it needs XEH (extended eventhandlers) 1.7

http://w17.easy-share.com/1701427194.html

for me tracers works fine