Sign in to follow this  
lone.wolf

Sahrani population..

Hi all,

I had difficulty to guess how many live on Sahrani, and fx in Corazol... So plz give me idea's... thanx a lot.

Need the info for a background story to a campaign... wink_o.gif

Unless the women are nocturnal nobody lives there... you cannot live without women.

They all turned to zombies.

huh.gif

Curaçao in the Dutch Antilles is about the same size as

Sahrani (Sahrani = c. 400 sq km - Curaçao = c. 444 sq km)

and is roughly in the same part of the world. It's economy

is similarly based on oil, tourism and financial services.

Curaçao has about 130,000 inhabitants, although Sahrani is

considerably less built-up than Curaçao is.

Not more than 20.000 People, estimated on basis of the number of the dwellings. Aproximately 20.000 of them are gay.

Not more than 20.000 People, estimated on basis of the number of the dwellings. Aproximately 20.000 of them are gay.

Yup, Sahrani is a gay holiday resort. 20.000 inhabitants sounds about right.

Quote[/b] ]How many live in Sahrani...?

About 31 after me and crew bring the badness  rofl.gif   nener.gif

A gay skinhead holiday resort.

lol... Thats funny because its true... The real question is What really did happen to the lady reporter Mariane?

lol... Thats funny because its true... The real question is What really did happen to the lady reporter Mariane?

After the Sahranis discovered what she was, they captured her in a clandestine operation, faked her death and are now holding her in a secret bunker underneath Bagango, where her ovaries are being extracted and fertilized to ensure the procreation of the dying Sahrani race.

Curaçao in the Dutch Antilles is about the same size as

Sahrani (Sahrani = c. 400 sq km - Curaçao = c. 444 sq km)

and is roughly in the same part of the world. It's economy

is similarly based on oil, tourism and financial services.

Curaçao has about 130,000 inhabitants, although Sahrani is

considerably less built-up than Curaçao is.

That is funny that you mentioned Curaçao because that is exactly what I was thinking as well as the best comparison to Sahrani. Even the language of the Sahrani seems similar in description to the language in the Netherlands Antilles (Papiamentu).

From having spent a lot of time in Curaçao, I'd say the southern portion of Sahrani is very remniscent as far as terrain goes (the architecture is quite different though).

I think 100,000-130,000 would be a good fictional estimate for the pop. of Sahrani.

Sahrani's land mass is less than 200 km^2. 400km^2 is the extent of the terrain definition (from Aa00 to Jj99), most of which is ocean.

Ummm, I'm really sorry. I can't tell you where I took her, or what I did with her when I got there...

rofl.gifwink_o.gif

Ummm, I'm really sorry.  I can't tell you where I took her, or what I did with her when I got there...

rofl.gif  wink_o.gif

playmove TestROMFingers???   rofl.gif

Ummm, I'm really sorry.  I can't tell you where I took her, or what I did with her when I got there...

rofl.gif  wink_o.gif

playmove TestROMFingers???   rofl.gif

Que?

20k or even 100k is a very feeble number to sustain not 1 but 2 considerable waring armies.

Consider the proportions of the island for a moment.

If you look at the "towns", which are quite small by real standards, you see there are lots of multi storey buildings but there's very little "suburbia" normal housing around them. This is a sign that the island is disproportionate and so you're not supposed to take the sizes literally. It's possible the towns are supposed to represent quite a lot more people than could be crammed into the existing buildings.

Other signs are the island's topology is also quite exaggerated. And the climate change from north to south is extreme.

Of course you can also go the other way and imagine that the SLA is supposed to represent a fictional larger south american power like argentina invading the Falkland islands fighting the brits, but maybe just changed to yeah Venezuela vs US on curaqao or other. Then you wouldn't need a huge population to sustain 2 armies.

Although, I noticed RACS are mixed color, but the SLA are all particularly white as if they were still russians/europeans. Maybe just a bad leftover setting from OFP.

discuss

The population of the whole island is possible around 20k... Sure, it could be much less if it was all in the pos suburbia layout.

Of course, it also depends on what buildings are meant to be offices and what are meant to be residential.

The projects of Northern Corazol total about 243 units, that is about 560 people or more.

There are women in Sahrani, it's just that they are inside the houses with their kids, waiting for their husbands and sons to return for dinner. There is an island wide curfew that forbids women and children from going outside.

Guest Ti0n3r

~2.5 people in each building on the island? ;D Now where is my calculator? whistle.gif

After the Sahranis discovered what she was, they captured her in a clandestine operation, faked her death and are now holding her in a secret bunker underneath Bagango, where her ovaries are being extracted and fertilized to ensure the procreation of the dying Sahrani race.

to put it in simple words; they're banging her till her lights go out!! whistle.gif

Unfortunatly Saharanians have an ultra-orthodox Taliban code in which all woman must wear invisibilty cloaked burqas.

Well Living on Porto Theres a Load of Woman. But They all say if the war comes here there all going to leave.. So im hoping the war doesnt come here but there is signs of it already sad_o.gif