Sign in to follow this  
snkman

ArmA Group Link II Plus!

Hi all,

I haven't checked in for a while here ... is the link above the latest version of GL II Plus?

The last version I've installed was GL II Plus 1.08 + Hotfix.

@Legislator

The link I posted above is the latest one. Including some fixes the author made later on (as you can see when scrolling up).

So unless he has made some additional changes to the original file without updating us (which I doubt cause he does a great job making sure its always the latest version) it should all be the latest.

thumbs-up.gif

Woaah no more support for more than one target group? Oh no, I have to recreaten every mission sad_o.gif Or leave the old script inside. Everything worked fine in my missions except for the missing sound messages sad_o.gif

Legislator: Scroll up a little to SNKMAN's last post, i followed his information and its working fine here =) Got a mission in beta test at the mo and it seems to be running fine!

lol sorry I'm really not up to date. Well ... this looks like an upcomming 1.1 doesn't it? biggrin_o.gif I'll try the hints above tomorrow smile_o.gif

Till v.1.8 it's the original way of the Group Link II script which was made by KeyCat.

The latest release should be a new version called ( Plus! ) becouse i added some new features.

I know there was a 1.8 Plus! whistle.gif

But you are right here: ArmA Group Link II v.1.0 Plus! is the latest release.

I did not say multiple target groups did not work any longer i will just not support them by testing with multiple target groups.

But it should still work like in any other release bevore. wink_o.gif

Very nice! Then there is really no reason why I should stick to the old version anymore.

Oh by the way ... no more missing sound messages! biggrin_o.gif And the medikit feature is great! biggrin_o.gif

Damn ! sorry for this!

(posting sober)!

Just to clarify?

Of the two!

ArmA Group Link II v.1.0 Plus!

ArmA Group Link II v.1.8 Plus!

1.0 is the latest? smile_o.gif

Lol answered me own question i know! just a little confusing! wink_o.gif

The additional/dynamic voices are very good.

But there is one issue with them I find unrealistic/confusing:

All units use the same (english) language. So you never know if the enemies are shouting or your own men.

FFUR for OFP had a very good voice addon with russian voices for all commands in OFP. I liked that very much.

For the SLA spanish would fit more I guess.

Simply amazing tool/addon/mod

Great work!!!

Question:

Why was the "Support" for mor target-groups removed?

Suggestion: In Readme tell the user to change the line in /GL2Plus/GL2Plus_Init/init.sqs...

Currently its a bit confusing and many people could think to change the main init.sqs in your curent mission-folder.

Regards, Christian

Great Scott... Now we just need DAC with this converted into it and we are on rolling back to the future. smile_o.gif

I've tested Grouplink II Plus 1.0 with multiple target groups. Well it works but the fps go down like nothing ... sad_o.gif In the old version everything was ok sad_o.gif

Just a quick question.  What if I have 2 sides Optfor and Bluefor both fighting each other as well as the AI side (indipendant, or CIV) how do i get the AI to do the same for each.

Would i have to change the paramiters some how so the AI groups still work with both sides ??

ANyone please help. banghead.gif

@mr.g-c

Multiple target Groups was removed becouse of a log of time and testers.

It always needs more day's to test everything with One and Multiple groups.

@Kroky

The basic idea was to release GL2Plus without any AddOns by using all ArmA sounds/voices but it look's like they don't have any classes.

So may there will be a version in the future with different voices like ECP did. wink_o.gif

@Legislator

Hmm... May you did something wrong in the config of the script becouse there was no changes could create lag by using multiple Targer Groups or may some other AddOn's don't work well with GL2Plus.

B.t.w. GL2Plus and UPS are working fine toghetter. wink_o.gif

@Morticus

What exactly do you mean by that?

You are on the West side and then there are East and Indipendent units all fighting each other?

Well i did not test this but simply use the same way like always:

In the init of the group leader West ( Your Team )

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">gw1=group this;

In the init of the group leader Eest ( Enemy AI )

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ge1=group this;

In the init of the group leader independent ( Enemy AI )

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">gi1=group this;

I think this should work wink_o.gif

Thanks i will try, it is a new mission i working on a cross between capture the flag and a sector control with players as OPtfor and Blue for against each other as well as AI as independant against Both BLue and Optfor. sounds complicated i know but i sure you will all like it when i have finnished. it will have player ranking etc like evo and all sorts just need a big server to test on soon should support 60 players on the game at once.

Just one other thing if i am spawning AI how will i add the line into ther init if they are randon spawned groups of tanks etc? any clue on that one also?

Quick question SNKMAN?

My main use for this atm is for the voices

Any idea why sometimes they work and sometimes they dont ever?

Got the folder in my mission folder and placed the code line in my init.sqs?

Thanks

ck

I've got two questions biggrin_o.gif

1. Is it possible to influence how soon the AI is going to surrender? I wanted to create a mission where you'll should take as many prisoners as possible.

2. I've placed an artillery (east) and called it EastArtillery. But after their destruction the AI still got their artillery reinforcement. What have I done wrong?

Is there anyway to stop needing the sounds pbo. Im trying to create a mission and it keeps coming up with the sound error but i dont want to have to make everyone download the sound addon. Ive already played a mission everytime going into a battle and getting error sounds and i just reliased its this. Is there any way to stop the scripts needing this sound pbo...

Quote[/b] ]• AI Call Artillery

Have you any plans for making AI able to call for Airsupport as well? smile_o.gif

Sorry guy's didn't have had very much time in the last few day's to check the thread... confused_o.gif

@Morticus

Quote[/b] ]Just one other thing if i am spawning AI how will i add the line into ther init if they are randon spawned groups of tanks etc? any clue on that one also?

Well to use the script with spawing units you have to make a little delay bevore the Group Link script is initialized.

Or better you could create a trigger activated once by your unit/group and call the Group Link script in the On Activated field of the trigger ( May with a little delay )

@ck-claw

Voices do only work if you use the Group Link script completly by giving the units groupnames (ge1=group this) and put them in the init of the script becouse only units passed in the Group Link script will run the voices features.

@Legislator

CAPTIVE:

The captive feature is not very stable and it need's to be improved too.

So far the script is always checking, if a enemy group has less then 2 units and if the enemy unit is in a specific range to the Target Group or to an enemy group

If there are no friendly groups around and the Target Group is near enough the script select's, if the enemy's should surrender or not.

So you have to change some things to make enemys surrender very quickly.

If you like to know how or you need a modified version of the captive script just let me know and i will change it for you.

ARTILLERY:

Yes so far it doesn't matter if the Artillery is destroyed or not becouse the script is only checking at the beginning of the mission, if the Artillery is avalible or not, but this will be changed in the next version.

@Major Woody

Yes ZoneKiller already made an Air Support script for Group Link if you guy's like to have this feature too i will add it in the next version.

Very good!

Yes, I would like to see a certain improved captive script. smile_o.gif Would be cool.

Soon I'll check a mission with Grouplink and with the supressing fire script. Are there any known problems with both together?

When is the next release of the next GL version?

Okay just tell me what exactly do you need.

Under which condition's should Ai units surrender?

If the group got less soldiers then 1,2,3?

If your group is in range ? to the enemys?

As fast as possible?

Suppressive:

I have not tested the new version of the suppressive script now but there should be no problems using GLIIPlus and the suppressive script toghetter.

NOTE: GL2Plus already use a Suppressive script, which force enemy units to lay down if they are suppressed.

But of course the new suppressive script comes with some more features.

So simply try it and may you could give me some feedback if theres something not working correctly.

Next Release:

Well i'm working day and night on the next version of Group Link II Plus and it will come with a lot of new features which

i have to test and optimize till everything works like it should.

So i'm not sure but i think in 1 or 2 week's if everything keep's going on like now.

Very good!

I think the best way would be if the AI surrenders having only up to 2 men left within a group. I don't want armoured vehicles and their crews to surrender wink_o.gif

By the way .. have you noticed that the AI is cheating? I don't know if its depending on the grouplink but check this video using Kegetys Spectating script.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=42C26cvVre8