Sign in to follow this  
snkman

ArmA Group Link II Plus!

Hate to be a noob with a question like this but how do I get the entire script to enable and where do I find the init.sqs of my mission?

Im sure its simple, just need a little light! thanks.

Hate to be a noob with a question like this but how do I get the entire script to enable and where do I find the init.sqs of my mission?

Well everybody was a noob at the beginning so no problem to ask a question like this. smile_o.gif

1. You have to create the Init.sqs by yourself.

How to: Go to the ArmA Editor, create a mission and then save the mission

Now in your ArmA Profile folder you got a Foder with your mission name open this folder and create a file ( With Notepad or Chris's ArmA Edit ) called "Init.sqs". ( The Init.sqs is a simple .txt file )

But to use ArmA Group Link 2 Plus! you simply can use the Init.sqs of the Example Mission simply copy and past or drag and drop the Init.sqs from the Example Mission to your Mission folder and you should be fine. wink_o.gif

Im sure its simple, just need a little light!  thanks.

Well everybody was a noob at the beginning so no problem to ask a question like this.  smile_o.gif

1. You have to create the Init.sqs by yourself.

How to: Go to the ArmA Editor, create a mission and then save the mission

Now in your ArmA Profile folder you got a Foder with your mission name open this folder and create a file ( With Notepad or Chris's ArmA Edit ) called "Init.sqs". ( The Init.sqs is a simple .txt file )

But to use ArmA Group Link 2 Plus! you simply can use the Init.sqs of the Example Mission simply copy and past or drag and drop the Init.sqs from the Example Mission to your Mission folder and you should be fine.  wink_o.gif

Having a problem with it still. I put everything needed into my mission folder, When I put the game logic on the map and put the init code in the field and start the game, it says the GL2PLUS script isnt found.

Help???

@SNKMAN

Is there an easy way to include just the Dynamic Voices, so that they appear in all missions?

I'm implementing this into a new mission im making, and have seen a pproblem i need to be able adjust/fix regarding the Chopper landing with troop Reinforcements feature.

I noticed that the enemy chopper will always try to land too close to the fighting in order to drop off its troops. it will almost try to land on your head and almost always gets shot down or damaged in the process from small arms fire since it is landing too close to the enemy troops.

So heres my question - is there a line i can edit in the script anywhere that would allow me to adjust how close or how far the chopper will try to land from the target zone?...i think making it land about 150-200 away from target area would be much better...if not then i dont see how i can use this feature.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Well if your group was spotted by the enemy then a TargetSpot will randomly be created ( 100m ) around the spotted area.

The Chopper will randomly drop paratroops or land if he is in range of 200m to this TargetSpot or if he knows more then 0 about of any of your units.

You can increase the distance of the targetspot by editing the GroupLink2Plus.sqs look for:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

; Random spread around target spot in meters

_sp = 100

So you could edit this to may 200 or 100 + (random 100)

Well if your group was spotted by the enemy then a TargetSpot will randomly be created ( 100m ) around the spotted area.

The Chopper will randomly drop paratroops or land if he is in range of 200m to this TargetSpot or if he knows more then 0 about of any of your units.

How childish can someone get to think the army send a 6.000.000 $ transport-chopper close (100-200meters) to a spotted threat knowing that any transport-chopper could be shot down by a simple rpg-rifle?

How childish can someone get to think the army send a 6.000.000 $ transport-chopper close (100-200meters) to a spotted threat knowing that any transport-chopper could be shot down by a simple rpg-rifle?

Cool down wolfsblut....

If you have a suggestion, please tell it in a manner that it makes agreeable to the mod and addon maker to accept it.

Besides SNKMAN already told that the distance can be adjusted.

perfect, i will try this later!

Thank you SO much!

ok, well it seems much better now that i changed the value...however, for the future you might want to consider making the target area for reinforcements to be the group that called in for reinforcements to begin with (instead of making it the enemy group who attacked them), and if theyre already dead you can use the area where they were when they initially called the emergency.

I like this feature alot, but so far i have only been able to get it to work (landing with reinforcements getting out, no paradropping) using the Mi-17. ive tried it with the HIND chooper addon but they wont land...they just fly around all day shooting a little bit...im assuming this is probably due to the way the Hind Class was set up by the author, correct? in other words the game sees it as an attack chopper only, and not transport (even though its supposed to be both).

Are there any other addon choppers you know of that this feature will work with as far as landing with reinforcements? You see, in my particular mission landing would be better than paradrop because its vietnam style. Ive tried to get it to work with the HWM Huey addon but gl2plus wont even recognize that chopper (since its a RACS class) so it never takes off if called for help. If you know how to get it working with this chopper let me know.

Again...thanks for sharing all your hard work that went into this script, having lots of fun with it!

@wolfsblut_

Talking is always easyer then doing.

yes may this must be improved but so far its part of the unmount function in Group Link 2.

All units in vehicles are running in the same unmount script Choppers, Tanks, APC's are all checking the distance between the targetspot and the knows about value between targetgroup and enemy group.

If you can improve this then do it.

If not then please think bevore you write.

@BigShot

Thanks for your suggestion i will see what i can do. smile_o.gif

Please read the readme which is comming with Group Link 2 Plus! it's all very good documented in there.

Anyway here is the part of the readme which show's how to add 3rd part Addons to Group Link 2

Quote[/b] ]

HOW TO ADD 3RD PARTY VEHICLES:

To keep the script as lean as possible I decided to only support the original vehicles that is available in ArmA. Below is a description on what you have to do if you want the AI to use some of the very nice 3rd party vehicles along with the stock ones.

1. First of all you have to make sure the the author of the AddOn used the correct class for the vehicle! If things don't work as you expect with a 3rd party vehicle this is the most likely caues of it.

2. Second, you must know the correct object names of the 3rd party vehicles you want to use.

This information is hopefully written in a README.TXT that came along with the AddOn.

3. Then you have to add the vehicle name to the correct vehicle classes below.

• Add 3rd party cars and trucks

KEY_EastVehicleTypes = KEY_EastVehicleTypes + ["name_of_vehicle"]

KEY_WestVehicleTypes = KEY_WestVehicleTypes + ["name_of_vehicle"]

KEY_ResistanceVehicleTypes = KEY_ResistanceVehicleTypes + ["name_of_vehicle"]

• Add 3rd party APC

KEY_EastAPCTypes = KEY_EastAPCTypes + ["name_of_vehicle"]

KEY_WestAPCTypes = KEY_WestAPCTypes + ["name_of_vehicle"]

KEY_ResistanceAPCTypes = KEY_ResistanceAPCTypes + ["name_of_vehicle"]

• Add 3rd party helicopters

KEY_EastHeliTypes = KEY_EastHeliTypes + ["name_of_vehicle"]

KEY_WestHeliTypes = KEY_WestHeliTypes + ["name_of_vehicle"]

KEY_ResistanceHeliTypes = KEY_ResistanceHeliTypes + ["name_of_vehicle"]

• Define 3rd party helicopters that can do paradrops

KEY_EastParaCapable = KEY_EastParaCapable + ["name_of_vehicle"]

KEY_WestParaCapable = KEY_WestParaCapable + ["name_of_vehicle"]

KEY_ResistanceParaCapable = KEY_ResistanceParaCapable + ["name_of_vehicle"]

Example below shows how to add support for RHS Hind.

If you want to add more than one just separate them with a comma.

You can find the AddOn here: BI FORUMS: RHS Hind

KEY_EastHeliTypes = KEY_EastHeliTypes + ["RHS_Mi24D"]

Preferable you add support for 3rd party vehicles in the INIT.SQS file but make sure you do it AFTER you init the ArmA Group Link II Plus! script.

and here is how to disable Group Link 2 Plus! features also documented in the readme:

Quote[/b] ]

HOW TO DISABLE SPECIFIC FEATURES IN THE SCRIPT:

If you for some reason want to disable a specific feature you can do so by setting the following global variables to FALSE before you call the ArmA Group Link II script.

; Disable enemy AI reactions to your gunfire

KEY_AIhearingaid = False

; Disable enemy AI reactions to suppressive fire

KEY_AIsuppresivefire = False

; Disable enemy AI vehicles using smoke screens for cover

KEY_AIvehiclesmoke = False

; Disable enemy AI infantry using smoke grenades for cover

KEY_AIsmokegrenades = False

; Disable enemy AI paradropping from helicopters

KEY_AIparadrop = False

; Disable enemy AI doing house search

KEY_AIhousesearch = False

; Disable Player/AI Dynamic Voice

KEY_Dynamic_Voice = False

; Disable enemy AI captive

KEY_Captive = False

; Disable Player First Aid, First Aid Kit, hit and impact effects

KEY_InjuredEffects = False

Doing this will completly disable a specific feature in the script.

Preferable you do this in the INIT.SQS file *BEFORE* you init the ArmA Group Link II Plus! script.

I also added an global variable that kills the Group Link II script completely if set to True (it may take a while until all active scripts are cancelled). You can now kill it and re-initialize in the same mission if need be.

; Kill ArmA Group Link II Plus! script

KEY_KillArmAGroupLink2Plus = True

In your case set:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

; Disable enemy AI paradropping from helicopters

KEY_AIparadrop = False

in your init.sqs/init.sqf of your mission and the units will no more do a paradrop.

yes, i did already review that readme and have already disabled the paradrops, but the 3rd party choppers ive used will not land to let troops out near the target area, they refuse to land and just keep flying around the battlefield..thats my problem.

Ive tried it now with 3 different chopper addons including Mapfacts Chinook addon and they wont land for me. They take off when called by the enemy, and they fly to the target area, but they never land to let out the reinforcements. The only choppers that I can get to land with reinforcements are the stock Mi-17's.

I remember on OFP using this addon.

PLaying a clans Training mission, when we leave the training area we are instantly in hostile territory. Enemy were patrolling Roads, Fields, Woodlands and they would call backup from Air and Vehicles and would surround you unless you could escape.

In one point, the AI actually forced us to vacate the island.

Some of my best Moments from OFP and ARma have occured from this addon.

Excellent Stuff!

It really is a shame this cant be hardcoded into the Arma engine itself

Well may my fault, becouse i never added 3th Party AddOn in the init.sqs i always included them directly into the GroupLink2.sqs script

so may you can fix this problem by setting a little delay after the Group Link2 script is initializing, becouse the arrays, where you can add vehicles are created in the GroupLink2.sqs and so you may have to wait till the array was created bevore adding something new.

The init.sqs of your mission now must look like this:

; Initialize ArmA Group Link II Plus! Script

[] exec "GL2Plus\GL2Plus_Init\Init.sqs"

~1

KEY_EastHeliTypes = KEY_EastHeliTypes + ["Class_name_of_vehicle"]

; This enables you to teleport anywhere on the map

[] exec "teleport.sqs"

Try it i think this should help.

yep, that did the trick!..thank you!!

OK, one last question for you...is there anyway I can make the choppers return to their base immediately after dropping off their troops, instead of them continuing to fly around the whole time?

let me explain...my mission is a defensive style, where we have to defend a road...so the enemy is upon us pretty much the entire time and therefore always aware of us once the shooting starts. Apparently this causes the gl2plus reinforcement choppers to keep circling the area even after the troops get out of the chopper, causing that annoying chopper noise for the entire mission length as well as only allowing the enemy to call in 1 single alert (the 1st alert) . Id like them to return and land at their base area even though there is still shooting going on at target area. Is this possible?

I think what id like to do with the script, since in my case the alert never cancels... is to be able to cancel all alerts for a period of maybe 5 or 10 minutes begining when the enemy reinforcements exit the chopper at the target area...that way theyd fly back to base even if theres still fighting going on, and 5 minutes later the enemy can call a new alert if they want.

Oh nice to hear it works.

Well sorry but so far it can't be made, that the Chopper is flying directly back to the base, becouse if he would do so then the remount after an alert was cancelled would not work very well with the chopper crew.

So far the alert is cancelled after 150 + (random 100) this means after around 3 min. "IF YOU WAS NOT SPOTTED BY ANY ENEMY" else if someone detects you the countdown will start from the beginning.

I'm working on a new version since very long time i will try to include some of your suggestions.

May you could fix this right now with a little code including into the GL2Plus_Unmount\Unmount_....sqs West or East or Resistance the side the enemy is.

This example is for enemy side EAST:

Requied is a HeliH which is called EastBase

In Unmount_East.sqs look for:

; Make helicopter fly lower again

_tmp flyinheight 50

Replace it with:

; Make helicopter fly lower again

_tmp flyinheight 50

; Return to helipad at their base named EastBase

_tmp move (getPos EastBase)

; Wait until pilot is ready

@ (unitReady (_tmp))

; Land helicopter

_tmp land "land"

Well im not at home right now so you have to test it.

MAY you have to include:

[_tmp] join grpNull

after

_tmp flyinheight 50

to make sure the group leader, which is in the chopper is not any longer part of the reinforcement array.

Hope it works.

no, that one didnt work so i just made multiple backup groups and made some triggers to delete the choppers after they have flown away after dropping the reinforcements. Theyre only being used as transports in my case so theyre really useless after they finish dropping....what would really cool was if you only had 1 chopper it would fly back to base after dropping, shut off engine, and create new units who board the chopper awaiting the next alert for reinforcements :-)...that way you could have endless reinforcements for the entire mission using only 1 chopper :-)

I have it working well enough for now though, thanks again for all your help..i appreciate the time youve taken.

I have a few questions...

1. I want to have exactly 5seconds pause between each artillery impact, which value to change inside artillery.sqs?

Is it <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; Pause random

~random 1 under "#fireforeffect" or is it the value "~1" under "; Detonate object" ??

Or else?

2. The _acc value.... the higher means the more accurate or the higher means "more spread" ??

Im sorry to ask you this, but its so hard to test because artillery is happening quite rarely...

3. I want the smoke screens to appear much more often, if there is any random value for it (and i assume it) where is it located and to what i should chacnge it?

4. Inside the advance.sqs i found this <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; If the group is a staticgroup never advance towards sound

if (_group in KEY_staticgroups) then {goto "watch_only"}

So if i'm commenting that out, do the static groups then react like the normal groups?

Because my static groups must react at any way like "normal" groups...

Regards, Christian

o) first - thanx for hard job))

It is very necessary and useful addon

But there i need help

How to disable or tweak ai artillery and backup

I usually create and play small patroling and city security's missions - then ai artillery of insurgents in my opinion are overpowered)

Nice to see you guy's still enjoying Group Link smile_o.gif

@mr.g-c

Change:

#fireforeffect

; Check if voice alert is enabled and group is big enough then run approperiate script

if ((KEY_DynamicVoice) && (count (units _tg) > 1)) then {[_tg] exec "GL2Plus\GL2Plus_Dynamic_Voice\Player_Artillery\Client.sqs"}

; Pause random

~random 1

to

#fireforeffect

; Check if voice alert is enabled and group is big enough then run approperiate script

if ((KEY_DynamicVoice) && (count (units _tg) > 1)) then {[_tg] exec "GL2Plus\GL2Plus_Dynamic_Voice\Player_Artillery\Client.sqs"}

; Pause random

~5

This value set's the spread factor of the ammo, so this means the distance which is used where the shell's should impact.

3. Which Smoke? The Vehicle or None Vehicle Smoke?

Well this gives more smoke for bouth:

In GL2Plus\GL2Plus_Unmount\

Unmount_East.sqs

Unmount_West.sqs

Unmount_Resistance.sqs

the side the enemy is change:

; If AI smoke is disabled (KEY_AIvehiclesmoke=False) exit script

if !(KEY_AIvehiclesmoke) then {exit}

; Random chance (80%) of enemy poping smoke from first vehicle

? (random 100 < 20) : exit

to

; If AI smoke is disabled (KEY_AIvehiclesmoke=False) exit script

if !(KEY_AIvehiclesmoke) then {exit}

; Random chance (90%) of enemy poping smoke from first vehicle

? (random 100 > 90) : exit

For more Vehicle Smoke

and

; If AI smoke is disabled (KEY_AIsmokegrenades=False) exit script

if !(KEY_AIsmokegrenades) then {exit}

; Random chance (60%) of enemy poping smoke and only pop smoke if group is bigger

; than 4 (i.e sniper teams and recon squads do not give their position by poping smoke)

? ((random 100 < 40) || ((count (units _helpgroup)) <= 4)) : exit

to

; If AI smoke is disabled (KEY_AIsmokegrenades=False) exit script

if !(KEY_AIsmokegrenades) then {exit}

; Random chance (90%) of enemy poping smoke and only pop smoke if group is bigger

; than 4 (i.e sniper teams and recon squads do not give their position by poping smoke)

? ((random 100 > 90) || ((count (units _helpgroup)) <= 4)) : exit

For more none Vehicle Smoke

4. Yes correct simply comment that out and your Static Groups should react like any other group.

@nikita320106

Like Commando84 already told simply remove the "Artillery object" on the map to disable the Artillery completly or in GL2Plus\GL2Plus_Artillery\Artillery.sqs change:

; Randomize artillery availability

if (random 100 < 30) then {goto "delay_until_next_try"}

to

; Randomize artillery availability

if (random 100 > 20) then {goto "delay_until_next_try"}

For less Artillery Support

Simply great!!!!! Thanks so much...

Quote[/b] ]Nice to see you guy's still enjoying Group Link

Of course, its the best AI-Enhancer and feature package around

I just wonder when a new version comes out (with anti-water code and else)... Plus there could be a version without sounds where the clients don't need the file to put in their addons folder...

EDIT: I wonder if this is correct:

? ((random 100 > 90)

Shouldn't it be random 100 < 90 to have 90% probability ?

Because i assume your code means "if a random number between 0-100 is greater than 90" or? Because that would be then just 10% probability and not 90%....

EDIT2: forget that above.... i remembered that ":" means "then" so if the random-thing is true then exit.... sorry...

Regards, Christian

Your welcome.

Well the new version is in developement since 9 month. smile_o.gif

And it's not script based any longer it's a mod.

Just some infos:

Group Link is the AI Enhancement core of the Mod and is called "Group Link 3"

Completly in .sqf and optimized and improved in many many way's also some new features was added:

Body Detect:

This feature allowes enemy AI to react, if they found a dead body of their own side. ( If some conditions match )

Mount:

Is the groups which was called as Reinforcement far away from the Target Group then they will check if there are any empty vehicles in a specific area to them.

if yes then they will mount the vehicle and continue the way by vehicle instead of moving all the way by foot. ( Excluded groups which are already in a Vehicle )

Just to call a few new features...

Also it's not needed any longer to call each group with:

ge1=group this, ge2=group this, gw1 = group this

and so on...

only thing you have to configurate are the Static and No vehicle Groups but all other ( Real Group Link groups ) which can call Reinforcements and can be called as Reinforcement are avalible without something to do.

So it's like Group Link 3 always was part of ArmA. biggrin_o.gif

Everything will be configurated by the Mod. This safes a lot of time and thinking.

All original Group Link 2 features ( Hearing Aid, House Search, Suppressed Fire and so on ) are still avalible.

So Group Link fans can be very curios. smile_o.gif