Sign in to follow this  
snkman

ArmA Group Link II Plus!

Thanks for the help SNKMAN

At the moment the only line i am using is:-

[] exec "GL2Plus\GL2Plus_Init\Init.sqs" in my init.sqs

and the 'gw = group this' etc on squads

Not the more extensive init line in the init.sqs :-

[[ge1,ge2,ge3,ge4,ge5],[ge1,ge2],[ge3,ge4],gw1,2,0.20] exec "GL2Plus\GroupLink2Plus.sqs"

Prehaps thats why sometimes the voices work/sometimes they dont cause i should be using the other line! smile_o.gif

Damn hope that made sense? wink_o.gif

Okay Grouplink II Plus 1.0 and the Suppressive Fire Script work along together, but they'll use a lot of performance together. I don't recommend it.

Are there any known problems with Grouplink II Plus and norrin's AI Enabled Revival Script (this one?)

Hi SNKMAN,

I wasn't sure what version I had so I was gonna download and in the first post the first mirror sent me here: http://www.stanpost.com/n/9616656977 and the second mirror said 'file removed' 'reason: hosting period expired.'

Could we get another mirror? ArmAholic?  xmas_o.gif

Thanks for all your hardwork!  notworthy.gif

<span style='color:blue'>EDIT</span> Sorry please disregard the request, I'm apparently blind today!

btw any chance when will the new version come out that would support airsupport? smile_o.gif and also my old old want for ships supported tounge2.gif the ships part probably ain't gonna happen but would be sweet when you are out on the shores and beaches and would need to watch out for coast patrols or something smile_o.gif

btw none of the links works anymore huh.gif

@Legislator

Revive and GL2Plus:

Yes there is a problem with the Event handler "Hit" but simply to fix.

In the folder revive_sqf open: Revive_player.sqf and look for:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">["hit", 1]

You have to change all ["hit", 1] to ["hit", 0] this will fix the problem with multiple hit Event handlers.

@ArmaVidz

Yes the link's was broken but fixed now. wink_o.gif

@Commando84

Yes i know. smile_o.gif

Well the next release is still W.I.P. and so far i just can't exactly tell, when i will release it becouse it's a lot lot stuff i added and which also need's to been tested and improved.

Thanks, I'll have a look into it. By the way ... what effect has the conflict between the two scripts? I haven't noticed anything yet.

Edit:

Ah never mind, guess I'll haven't noticed anything because "hit" was already set to 0 biggrin_o.gif

Hello. Sorry for stupid question but it's better to ask to make sure:

In the example sqm all enemy patrols have markers upon their route. Do I need to make so also in my mission? icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes the markers are only there to demonstrate the group movements, so you can see how the script is working.

OK, thanks. I'm using your great script combined with trenches1.1 and it's working just perfect.

Excellent work,SNKMAN notworthy.gif

Hello mate i know this sound a silly quiestion, but how using your script do i spawn multiple groups say 20+ in a zone, each getting a number that group link2 will use?

For example this zone needs 5 groups of men with 20 men in each group + 5 groups of tanks, and so on......

would i have to list all the groups in the init.sqs or could i just call a script that spawned the units and then called the group link script ??

If you have any examples of a script that would do this sort of thing please let me know.

just i have over 20 zones and need to spawn the men in groups but want to add them to your script.

Thanks Morticus

This script is so great!

but i have some suggestions:

1:

In addition to the "static-groups" i would like to have a form of a static-groups which will act like the normal groups but simply make them non-callable.

The following preference of the static-group i dislike a bit:

Quote[/b] ]

Nor will they advance towards detected gunfire.

For example, in one of my missions i have some group outside of the main battlefield, which will start to follow their waypoints to the battlefield after a certain trigger has started.

Currently, when using them as a normal group, it happens very often that they will be called for support, before the trigger is triggered, means before they should be on the battlefield.

If i make them a static-group, this issues is solved, but instead on the battlefield (actual a city) they only act as some sort of guards, but i would like if they act like normal groups.

Understand what i mean? Just a thing between static-groups and normal-groups or in other words: A static-group with the ability to advance towards dtected gunfire.

2: A function to avoid ai-controlled units to walk (swim) through the water and loosing their weapons.

It is so bad currently when having groups in a city with a river passing through or else and the groups advance and go into the water - and later on they are on the battlefield without any guns.....

OR: A possible more simple function to just give them back their weapons, which they lost during swimming, when coming out of the water.

3: Some tweaking when using grouped-units and given them some waypoints. It happens quite often, that the reaction time is slow or the overall "sensitivity" of grouped units which getting shot, is bad.

Examples related to it which i could see very often:

Having a BRDM with 3 additional units as a group, the BRDM is with the "group leader" in its init and its following a waypoint path. So when im some meters away and fire with a m240 or any other Machinegun or assault-rifle on it, it just drives away... no reaction here. There reaction first comes when they spotted me.

Or, when giving tanks (which are also grouped with the script) some waypints and setting their speed to "slow" and their bahveior to "safe" it happens quite often that when im shooting with a rifle direkt on the tank, that they still continue to look out of their Hatches and its easily for me the shoot the commanders and gunners out of it.

Also it happens only very very very rarely that tanks which getting attacked using their "smoke-shield" - why? A bit more often would be not bad at all i think.

I think that the sensitivy of driveable units for getting shot with normal rifles should be some bit higher.

Regards, Christian

Group link was amazing for OFP so thanks for converting it.

However just wondering what are the currage levels? I want my groups to call for support very often as they are meant to be quite cowardly.

Also whilst playing the mission I created I noticed that the occupied groups always seem to be empty and no one comes to chase me down. In the demo mission the occupied groups starts to fill when I come under contact.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[[ge4,ge5,ge6,ge8,ge9,ge10,ge11],[ge1,ge2,ge3,ge7],[ge1,ge2,ge3,ge7,ge10],gw1,5,0.10] exec "ai\grouplink2.sqs"

I have that in the init.sqs file, the players squad is gw1, all enemy have correct group names too. I get no errors whilst starting/playing the mission. However I am using Kronzky's Urban Patrol Script with some of the static enemy groups, could there be a conflict?

i think there could be a conflict possibly so dont add troops with both kronskys urban patrol script and group link script into the same init field. i had a great mission but its messed up right now :P dunno why but it ctd's arma into desktop everytime i try it after my latest optimizations and stuff.. crazy_o.gif

hello guys, any ideas how i can get the group link2 to work with say the coop essentials pack from Myke ?

Coop essentials

if there is some way to get them both working to gether please let me know.

Morticus

Hey Guy's,

sorry for the late replay but all my work for ArmA keep's me very busy.

@Morticus

If you spawn units at the beginning of a mission you could make a delay which waits till all groups are spawned and then initialize the Group Link script.

Init.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

; Delay you need till all groups are spawned

~20

; Initialize ArmA Group Link II Plus! Script

[[groups],[static_groups],[no_vehicle_groups],target_group,max_AI_groups,courage] exec "GL2Plus\GroupLink2Plus.sqs"

; Initialize ArmA Group Link II Plus! Voice triggers

[] exec "GL2Plus\GL2Plus_Init\Triggers.sqs"

; ----------- ALL CODE BELOW THIS LINE JUST AIDS WHILE TESTING -------------

; ----------- AND YOU CAN SAFELY REMOVE IT IN YOUR FINAL MISSION -------------

; Only run the debug code below on host/server

;? !(local Server) : exit

; Init global array with occupied groups

;KEY_occupied = []

;#loop

; Show occupied groups

;hint format["Occupied Groups:\n%1", KEY_occupied]

;~1

;goto "loop"

This would be the easyest way.

But i never did something with spawned groups so you have to test it.

About the Essential Pack: I have no clue, becouse i never used it.

May someone else can give you an answere.

@mr.g-c

I will keep all your infos in mind, but like i told right now i don't have the time to do something about this and a lot of stuff you told for example:

Quote[/b] ]3: Some tweaking when using grouped-units and given them some waypoints. It happens quite often, that the reaction time is slow or the overall "sensitivity" of grouped units which getting shot, is bad.

Examples related to it which i could see very often:

Having a BRDM with 3 additional units as a group, the BRDM is with the "group leader" in its init and its following a waypoint path. So when im some meters away and fire with a m240 or any other Machinegun or assault-rifle on it, it just drives away... no reaction here. There reaction first comes when they spotted me.

Is just becouse of the ArmA engine, the react time of the enemys is always very slow and like you sad in vehicles it's extremly slow.

There's no way you can compare ArmA Ai units with OFP Ai units.

@456820

Well i made a thousends of tests with the initialize of Group Link and it still gives me a lot to think.

But what you can try is:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[[ge1,ge2,ge3,ge4,ge5,ge6,ge7,ge8,ge9,ge10,ge11],[ge1,ge2,ge3,ge7],[ge1,ge2,ge3,ge7,ge10],gw1,5,0.10] exec "ai\grouplink2.sqs"

So in the firs array of the Group Link initialize you have to put all groups which should be used with Group Link.

The script will automatically select the groups to:

Groups, Static Groups and No Remount Groups

Just make sure all groups are listed in the first Array.

I think that should fix your problem.

EDIT: BTW why exec "ai\grouplink2.sqs" which version of Group Link do you use?

The script path isn't called "ai\grouplink2.sqs" since ArmA Group Link 2 Plus 1.0.

In ArmA Group Link 2 Plus 1.0 the script path is:

; Initialize ArmA Group Link II Plus! Script

[[groups],[static_groups],[no_vehicle_groups],target_group,max_AI_groups,courage] exec "GL2Plus\GroupLink2Plus.sqs"

Please check this i think thats the problem wink_o.gif

Are there any released missions out there that use Group Link II? (on say Armaholic..?).

I ask because the admin running our server needs an actual link to a mission, he will not upload anything I simply e-mail him, and I don't have the time to "publish" my own GLII missions online.

edit: My life is one long typo.

ok, i have another question.

If i have a set of groups that get created in a array like the co op assentials pack is it possible to use a game logic to init each set of groups in a given zone to grouplink? instead of inputing the groups in the init.sqf  from the array after the units have been spawned.

Then after that zone is complete use a game logic in the next zone to init the grouplink to that array after the groups have been spawned and so on ?

Morticus.

Hi There! Great Script , I luv it. Any chance for G2+ convert to SQF. pistols.gificon_rolleyes.gifyay.gif

Well i already convertet all scripts besides GroupLink2Plus.sqs to .sqf

Just a question of time and training till i manage to get the Main ( GroupLink2plus.sqs ) script working correctly in .sqf

the sound "\GL2Plus\ArmA_misc\heart02.wss" is only 1kb and gives me an error message in game , i think is it because it shows " sound heartbeat not found"

EDIT: no, it's not that , it must be a sound from another mod , i have so many installed biggrin_o.gif

Hi there SNKMAN!!!

Is there any chance for to me to add more artillery position in the map editor for the whole Sharani Island!!! So the Ai can call the next artillery support ASAP after the first one doing some reloading.! If it can be done can u show me how?

TQ. help.gif

Yes of course there is a very easy way to do that.

But first you have to know, that the GL2 Artillery Script is always checking, if there are no other units friendly to your enemy in a range of 150m.

So if the distance between you and the enemy unit is less then 150m nothing will happend but of course you can disable this too.

Okay let's have a look at the "GL2Plus\GL2Plus_Artillery\Artillery.sqs" file:

There you can find thouse two lines of code:

; Randomize artillery availability

if (random 100 < 30) then {goto "delay_until_next_try"}

if you disable this line with ; at the beginning Artillery will always been fired, if this script was called.

; Check if any of the AI leaders in occupied is closer than 150 m to the targetspot,

; this to prevent they are calling in artillery on top of their own guys.

{if ((leader _x) distance TargetSpot < 150) then {_friendly_close = true}} forEach KEY_occupied

This code checks if any friendly to your enemy units are in a range of less then 150m

If you disable this line with ; at the beginning of the line Artillery will fire anyway if some of their own units are in the Artillery fire range.