Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ATI Catalyst 7.5 hotfix for ArmA leak

Im glad the leak is fixed. But still no Crossfire support(figured if they took the time to look at this game they coulda done that too..)

Island Fly-over arma.exe=18-20 fps

fear.exe=50-53

All on Normal/Low shadows disabled.

Sry to ask but what does changing the Arma.exe to fear.exe do? Is it like the same fix that was for Oblivion for a while?

Basically just tricking it into using a known, working Crossfire .exe forcing it to run in Crossfire as ArmAstill isnt in the list so there is no gain in performance in Crossfire mode.

Really cool that those f**kers at ATI finally brought in a patch for this... It was a real pitty that it took so long...

I guess the change to AMD and the new Radeon had it's Toll or sth,.. still happy to read you ATI users finally have a resolvement.

This together with the v1.08 Release might be a strong treat for ArmA players smile_o.gif

Nice, never would have thought they bring out a hotfix just for ArmA notworthy.gif

Only now i hope they fix the ATi beach bug aswell :P.

Looks like the 7.5 hotfix for the handle leaks is working perfectly.

Yesterday i played 4 hours straight.

I checked the handle leaks after 30 mins and they were stable (372).

After 2 hours i got 382. But it did not pass that number after 4 hours.

Like i was told the 382 might not be handle leaks, they are due to opening in windows.

I also got the feeling that the number lowered alittle (376), is it possible? wow_o.gif

i have another question: I have to test this yet but i was playing version 1.05 last night, at start the game did not lag and after 4 hours the game started to lag alittle but the handle leaks were stable (382). Does this have to do with the new feature about the "ctr - flush"?

Anyway: Great work they done with this hotfix.

I've been playing under Vista...was the handle leak an issue there too? If so, any word from ATI on when a Vista patch will be issued?

I would also like to know if Vista is concerned by that handle leak...

Anyone to answer ?

ZeeDD.

I've been playing under Vista...was the handle leak an issue there too? If so, any word from ATI on when a Vista patch will be issued?

I would also like to know if Vista is concerned by that handle leak...

Anyone to answer ?

ZeeDD.

the best way to know is to check and test your self!

the best way to know is to check and test your self!

Not if you are considering to install Vista while ur still on XP atm...

I guess it's a fair question to other Vista users so you dont install Vista only to figure out it has the same handle bug (I dunno) and then go back to XP :P

looks like i had already i pre idea that he/she was using vista and was too lazy to test smile_o.gif

yes, looks like its a valid question, my bad.

Well the handle leak is fixed but after long time of play i press exit arma and guess what, a BSOD appear in front of me sad_o.gif. Error was in ati2dvag.dll file.. infinite loop. Back the previous driver... .. . goodnight.gif

Nice, never would have thought they bring out a hotfix just for ArmA notworthy.gif

Can you describe the "ATI beach bug"?

As I wrote in the other thread the hotfix drivers fix the handle leak for me, but now I get stutters instead. Even flying with 150km/h with 2km viewdistance on slightly lowered settings or even turning in a city with a few units does this.

Now I'm back at 7.4 and I don't get the stuttering while flying 900km/h on 2.5km and my normal settings or while fighting in a city with only 20fps and turning rapidly, even though the handles go up to 100000 in under an hour.

Seems like I'll play with the leak now as my PC seems to handle that significantly better than without it biggrin_o.gif

Oh, and I'm on a E6420, 2GB, x1950GT 512Mb, WinXP

Sure there is a clear visible line between transistion where wave hits the shore. Doesn't happen on all ATi cards though.

looks like i had already i pre idea that he/she was using vista and was too lazy to test smile_o.gif

I am using Vista but since I've only heard a vague description of the issue which I haven't experienced myself (although, from what I hear, it can take 4 hours or more for the issue to cause a CTD), I figured I'd ask. Sorry to have troubled you with my "laziness"

It really works notworthy.gif 350 handles constant

But note that you need 7.5 installed before applying the hotfix.

The installer seems to work with 7.4 but it only installs the WDM and ccc stuff, and not the fix itself.

Fix works here, I told you guys to just be patient rofl.gif

Anyway i first removed all atidrivers, rebooted and just installed the hotfix.

I didn't need any other drivers installed.

Overall Arma looks better on these drivers then on 6.7 on my x1950pro.

Thumbs up for Ati. It shows that they do care. biggrin_o.gif

I'm using vista, so no hotfix for me and i still get the handle leak crash after anywhere from 10 seconds to 3 hours, adding -maxmem=512 to the exe definately helped by extending the average play time but still after a few minutes i get missing textures and minor corruption, its playable but it gets less pretty with time. Also, im disappointed with the lack of crossfire support.

E6600

x1950CF+x1950XTX

4G OCZ platinum DDR2-6400

ASUS P5W64 WS Pro

X-Fi Fatal1ty

I'm still no joy here..CTD after about 10 seconds of play with the 7.5 patch and hotfix installed simultaneously, even tried to run it without the actual 7.5 patch and only hotfix alone..once again a CTD...looks like it's back to ati 6.7 sad_o.gif

What do you mean by simultaneously?!?

I would recommend trying this procedure if you haven't already.

Uninstall all ati software via the removal tool.

Reboot.

Install 7.5.

Reboot.

Install the hotfix.

Reboot.

Set up your driver settings properly.

Ensure the game is set up to run without any mods or other tampering.

Try the game.

I cleaned out the drivers I had on there before which were 6.7...simultaneous in the sense that I installed 7.5 then installed the hotfix on top of that and now running them....sorry for the use of the word simultaneous that added confusion heh...yeah I just meant installed 7.5 then the hotfix. I just cleaned out the 7.5 hotfixed drivers for my old 6.7 drivers and everything's running fine again...just glad I can fall back on those for now..

plain he can install hofix directly ...

hotfix = driver package just without WHQL logo

in short You can use 7.5 hotfix to install on clean windows w/o any ATI drivers ...

So I take it j_f_oko and me are the only ones this hotfix didn't work for? Anyone else have problems with the 7.5 hotfix out there?

Sure there is a clear visible line between transistion where wave hits the shore. Doesn't happen on all ATi cards though.

Like this? I refer to the sharp change in reflected light just to the left of the middle of the screen. It appears to be the edge of the water plane itself, the water to the right of this line is painted onto the terrain.

ArmA_beach_line.jpg

Does anyone not get this line, ATI or otherwise?

That looks like an attempt to show the depth of the water but, based upon the soldier in your picture, doesn't look like it works as intended.

What you see on the picture is shore exactly as it should be. There are various limitations causing it to look this way. There's no known ATi specific "shore bug". There was a shore bug specific for Ati X19xx line of cards before but it's fixed already in drivers 7.5 (it was fixed probably before but I am sure it's fixed in 7.5 drivers from Ati).