Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ATI Catalyst 7.5 hotfix for ArmA leak

sooo this fix is only for users with the latest drivers?? im using 7.1, does it suffer handle leaks allso??

how do i install hotfix? first install drivers, then hotfix???

No, you are not supposed to have handle leak since it only affects Intel platform users. I'd suggest that you downloaded official Catalyst 7.5, because its the latest driver atm. No need to install the hotfix, it will do nothing for you.

errrr so do I install the hotfix or not??? and if I do hotfix alone???

puma, they are both "drivers" the hotfix is newer, and ISNT a Bill Gates signature series. Install over the top , OR uninstall thru addremove programs, reboot, say NO to the wizard two times (4 times if you have CrossFire) Wait out the "it may not work right" the end of man kind is near Windows pop ups... Click on the HOTfix.exe say yes to everything, reboot, Life is good, adjust your settings.

Well this hotfix perhaps fixed the handle leak but it added some weird stuttering to my 1900xtx, like loading pauses or something. And I went back to 6.7 and stuttering is gone. So this fix is useless for me.

I had exactly this problem when I went back to the other game I'm playing at the moment, Lord of the Rings Online, and the performance was atrocious. For no reason at all the game would just stall for a few seconds and then continue at full speed. It didn't matter where I was and didn't coincide with HD access either. Put the normal 7.5 and it works perfectly. Guess I'll be waiting for 7.6

I had that stuttering too, as I reported somewhere in this thread and went back to 7.4. But because of the bad shadow performance I tried some drivers again and now I've got the hotfix working after installing it over a normal 7.5 Catalyst. Might be worth a try for everyone who has the same problems after a clean install and now the shadows run not as bad as with 7.4.

...amazing. it actually increased my performace - not that drastically but in cities and forests its quite a bit. im even able to turn AA on now. great

@kklownboy, yeah I get all the Bill gates stuff (including this is not whql certified drivers..)I

so I install this hotfix over previous drivers??? sorry for all the questions but im brand new with ATI (starting today) + little drunk welcome.gif aaaaaaaaand what about WDM drivers do I need to install those???

@kklownboy, ...

so I install this hotfix over previous drivers??? ...

Install over the top , OR uninstall thru addremove programs, reboot, say NO to the wizard two times (4 times if you have CrossFire) Wait out the "it may not work right" the end of man kind is near Windows pop ups... Click on the HOTfix.exe say yes to everything, reboot, Life is good, adjust your settings.

@kklownboy, ...

so I install this hotfix over previous drivers??? ...

Install over the top , OR uninstall thru addremove programs, reboot, say NO to the wizard two times (4 times if you have CrossFire) Wait out the "it may not work right" the end of man kind is near Windows pop ups... Click on the HOTfix.exe say yes to everything, reboot, Life is good, adjust your settings.

I quess that means uninstall old drivers, install hotfix

Anyone running the 7.5 + hotfix drivers w/ a 9800XT AGP?

Had the game running good before the patch w/ 6.7 drivers. Reformatted, reinstalled the game, new driver, hotfix... game is crawling. Also vehicles turn into these giant tree like objects. No, I'm not hitting the pipe.

Back to 6.7 driver, no trees attacking me, but crawling.

P4, 1 gig corsair ram, Asus D875 board, SB audigy II...yeah I know dinosaur.

Hi all, I need some help.

I'm searching for the latest WinXP driver for a "Radeon Mobility 9000".

The Ati/AMD support site offer only drivers for the 9600 and higher series.

Thank's all.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Hi all, I need some help.

I'm searching for the latest WinXP driver for a "Radeon Mobility 9000".

The Ati/AMD support site offer only drivers for the 9600 and higher series.

Thank's all.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get....1.shtml

that's the latest i could find with a short search. your laptop maker might have a driver for it as well. (?)

I'm probably being retarded here, but how do I get ATI Tray Tools to work with the 7.5 hotfix? (I've searched and searched, found nowt, even tho I remember 2 threads about it)

I recall something about a registry tweak, because ATT isnt saving the clocks atm, and its bloody annoying...

Using the 7.5 normal drivers, my olde 9600XT had no thread leak in ArmA (in windowed mode if that makes a difference). I've ordered an 512mb X1950 Pro, I'll be very interested to see how it goes (when it arrives...)

I'm probably being retarded here, but how do I get ATI Tray Tools to work with the 7.5 hotfix? (I've searched and searched, found nowt, even tho I remember 2 threads about it)

I recall something about a registry tweak, because ATT isnt saving the clocks atm, and its bloody annoying...

erm my ATT 1.3.6.1046 works fine with 7.5

but if You want low level OC You need change advanced .ini option (it's on ATT forum) ...

erm my ATT 1.3.6.1046 works fine with 7.5

but if You want low level OC You need change advanced .ini option (it's on ATT forum) ...

How odd...

I mean, ATT works fine (and yes I do have the latest version) except for the fact it doesnt save the clock speeds in the overclock settings (I like to underclock for 2D work, since it saves having the hairdryer fan going too fast/loud).

Its no biggie, just a little bit annoying to have to set the clocks manually all the time.