Sign in to follow this  
madmedic

African Militia

(couldn't figure out how to edit the title...it should say "MILITIA", not "MILITA") whistle.gif

Hey all....my first adon for ARMA (not much work on my part, just a config)

These are simply the original ARMA civilians, armed, and placed on the "OPFOR" side.

This is a very basic addon to provide some more enemies to shoot at, and for all of the "Black Hawk Down" fanatics to use until we get some more editing tools to make some proper "skinnies".

An eventhandler calls an init script that will cause them to only use the BLACK faces.

UPDATE 1.01...No longer uses civilian .FSM because the units would not respond to "setunitpos" commands.

Also added another machinegunner, and changed the units used for ROG and nachinegunners.

*INSTALLATION*

(Tested only with ver. 1.07.5157)

Just put the PBO in your addons folder.

Shouldn't cause any problems, as it only contains original ARMA units with a different config.

Units are found under OPFOR/African Militia.

(feel free to modify this addon, or to add/change weapons as you see fit)

ARMAHOLIC LINK:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?al=madmedic_afri_mil

FILEFRONT LINK:

http://files.filefront.com/African....fo.html

screenshot by Bob.moore

AfricaMilitia-1.jpg

Great idea - thanks mate

Stew

[...]and for all of the "Black Hawk Down" fanatics to use until we get some more editing tools to make some proper "skinnies".

An eventhandler calls an init script that will cause them to only use the BLACK faces.

Well what i miss is the MOG wink_o.gif

The idea to init civs with black faces is just great, to have them fighting on OPFOR, too. Nice man and really useful regarding my needs.

This is nice smile_o.gif I had to make my own mission template earlier with civvies with black faces and arm them etc. Now I can place them right away, thanks smile_o.gif

Any screenshots available? smile_o.gif

Its the ARMA civilians, randomly using only the ARMA black faces armed with AK74s, PKs, and RPGs...fighting on the OPFOR side.

Didnt take any screenshots...but if you want a sample of what they look like:

1)put any civilian on the map

2)put the following in his init line: (substituting "XX" with a value between 26 and 40 for the black face)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setface "faceXX"; this addweapon "ak74"

My units just do the faces randomly with a script, (and they are "OPFOR" civilians)

This is nice smile_o.gif I had to make my own mission template earlier with civvies with black faces and arm them etc. Now I can place them right away, thanks smile_o.gif

wink_o.gif EXACTLY the point of this addon biggrin_o.gif

I think if you added some groupings, it'd would make the placement easier.

For example, insurgent 5,6,7 are all the same except one might have shorts (all have the same shirt).

Adding groups that breaks up the different insurgent types and allows for quicker placement of larger amounts of bad guys would make this one step better. thumbs-up.gif

Like CanadianTerror already stated, you should make some new groups for them smile_o.gif (I haven't downloaded the addon yet though)

And maybe change the textures too? remove some of those ugly logos on the tshirts etc. Would be nice smile_o.gif

Bob.Moore

Please do not hotlink images over 100kb. smile_o.gif

Like CanadianTerror already stated, you should make some new groups for them smile_o.gif (I haven't downloaded the addon yet though)

And maybe change the textures too? remove some of those ugly logos on the tshirts etc. Would be nice smile_o.gif

I just threw this addon together in about an hour, so I could have some African insurgents to shoot up...

Working on some groupings now, will post an update  biggrin_o.gif

I really dont know how to mess with the textures

Also...remember, from the readme: "feel free to edit this addon in any way you see fit"  wink_o.gif

I just threw this addon together in about an hour, so I could have some African insurgents to shoot up...

Working on some groupings now, will post an update biggrin_o.gif

Also...remember, from the readme: "feel free to edit this addon in any way you see fit" wink_o.gif

I might be able to do something with the textures smile_o.gif I'll try to make something (like removing the logos) if I have some time later smile_o.gif

Working on some groupings now, will post an update  biggrin_o.gif

Also...remember, from the readme: "feel free to edit this addon in any way you see fit"  wink_o.gif

I might be able to do something with the textures smile_o.gif I'll try to make something (like removing the logos) if I have some time later smile_o.gif

There are no models in the .PBO

It just uses the original game models.

There are no models in the .PBO

It just uses the original game models.

Yeah, I noticed that now smile_o.gif could you include the models being used etc. in the next version? smile_o.gif

good job keep one going untill the they releas the tools mybe olso som CIVIL cars whit MGs one them like real rebbels ?

Quote[/b] ]good job keep one going untill the they releas the tools mybe olso som CIVIL cars whit MGs one them like real rebbels ?

It's just meant to be a quick config addon I believe...not a mod.

I dont think he was planning to add to this.

Quote[/b] ]good job keep one going untill the they releas the tools mybe olso som CIVIL cars whit MGs one them like real rebbels ?

It's just meant to be a quick config addon I believe...not a mod.

I dont think he was planning to add to this.

Lol...Yes, my "simple addon" keeps getting less and less simple  biggrin_o.gif

Civilian cars with MGs would require modeling...no can do at this time, sorry.

I updated it to ver 1.01 (added another machinegunner, and made the RPG and machinegun soldiers look not so much the same)

(I also made them NOT use the civilian .FSM anymore because they would not respond to "setunitpos" commands)

Working on some groupings now, will post an update biggrin_o.gif

Also...remember, from the readme: "feel free to edit this addon in any way you see fit" wink_o.gif

Got 3 textures (the one to the right´s by SniperSkull) searching for a new home too biggrin_o.gif

arma_sillyinsurgents.jpg

lol... Miffy?..

rofl.gif

That guy really needs to be shot..

pistols.gif

I doubt african militiamen have helly kitty-tshirts biggrin_o.gif

small update to units...new link in first post.

Still no groups, but I will work on it.

As far as the textures on the t shirts...I can't change them right now. Dont have time to do the photoshop/texture replacement.