Sign in to follow this  
chipper

im sick of all these BF2 NOOBS

when sites reviewed the game and compared arma to BF2 that was the nail in the coffin for multiplayer.

now we got all these bf2 kiddies running around stealin vehicles n shit tkin us real arma players its disgusting

i guess we'll have to wait a year or two until all dees n00bz move on to their next l33t FPS game

Actually I've seen guys on MP, that said they came straight from BF2 and wanted some help etc. well anyways, they we're actually nice ppl, and played the game like it is suppose be played, no TK's, no bullshit.

My theory is that, every online game has these rotten apples, who just dont get along, and try to destroy the fun for all the rest of us. I've seen them in all the games I've played. The difference is the ratio: players/rotten apples.

the more players the game has, more rotten apples we got(I think we're safe, cuz this is a game for minorities, and rotten apples will forget it soon).

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Yeah, there are a lot of decent BF2 players who have come from the game and genuinely want something realistic and want to work as a team.

But yes.. i have noticed similarities to the events in BF2 which happen in ArmA now... i.e. someone running up to your cockpit of your AV8 and sniping you, jumping in, then crashing it into a tree and makign it impossible to take off.

Seen that in OFP before, nothing new.

You'll see all kind of people in every game community. The good ones as well as the bad ones.

Tagging someone just because he plays BF2, or Quake or whatever, well.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Well to be honest it didnt happen so much as in OFP.. obviously there were idiots, like you say, theres always some in every community.

But ArmA has a lot more, i think it will get put on the shelf eventually.. i just wish more people would use Kronzky's Anti - TK script ! Although it doesnt stop all tks (e.g. running someone over) it stops all gunfire tking =)

The cure to all these new people to ArmA from whatever game they come from is Quake Wars Enemy Territory.When that game is released some,hopefully all of the trouble we see in ArmA should go away.

smile_o.gif To set the record straight, I don't like BF2 Either, but there's always a serious/proper player group, and immature ego group...

(It seems btw that you feel that BF2 only has immature ego groups, which is for what i've seen far from accurate, seen loads of groups playing it very mature, serious, tactically, teamwork, decensy etc. etc)

The immature ego group ur seeing on the servers is something that happens to any game especially in the beginning (at least thats my experience).

Interview or no Interview, BF2 is getting old, ArmA is a new game, so sure BF2 players will try/play ArmA aswell, but I dont think they are the real problem? smile_o.gif

Aren't there some public servers out there with proper admins that kick/ban for such things and ban ID's etc?

Well to be honest it didnt happen so much as in OFP.. obviously there were idiots, like you say, theres always some in every community.

I dunno, I remember when the game first came out, for about the first two years it happened kind of regularly on some of the US servers. It wasn't until a lot of people left for other games that it began to stop.

There will always be assholes in games. I can't stand it when people generalize just because someone plays one game and wants to try another. I honestly feel that most of the people complaining about the "BF2 Players" are just as bad as those players themselves, its just their poor behaviour takes a different medium.

Worse, I'm tired of people bitching because of accidental TKs. I was waiting for the chopper in evolution one evening just shooting some rounds down the test range near the respawn point when some idiot ran in front of me, then began accusing me of shooting him on purpose. I had been shooting for about 1 minute, so there is no way that he couldn't have seen me shooting. Then he threw in the BF2 crap, and started petitioning to the admin on the server to get me banned. Luckily the admin was very nice (or didn't care) and chose to ignore the guy.

Whats funny is that while I used to play BF2 with my clan buddies a while back, we usually worked as a team and were very mature about it.

People please... its not BF2's fault. Its not Call of Duty's fault. Its not even Counter-Strike's fault. Its going to happen, get over it.

EDIT: Doh! I'm my own spelling nazi.

People please... its not BF2's fault. Its not Call of Duty's fault. Its not even Counter-Strike's fault. Its going to happen, get over it.

Yes ... an be patient.

Most of this 'players' will get bored soon, anyway. ArmA is way too 'slow' for this impatient kids smile_o.gif

MfG Medicus

Aren't there some public servers out there with proper admins that kick/ban for such things and ban ID's etc?

yup there are.

I always kick people who shoots on friendly vehicles.

Thats just a BF2 behaviour to shoot on a vehicle to get recognized and to get a lift.

But in ArmA can the wheels be shot or the whole vehicle destroyed by gun fire, so if i see it at spawn i TeamKill the shooter to see his name and then kick. biggrin_o.gif

So a few players have already learnt it with this method...lol

Well im a dedicated ArmA Coop Fan who likes to play relisticly... and i also play a lot of Cod2.. which is my second and only game other than armed assault that i play, i got into BF2/2142 but it was just too fast for my taste but cod/2 were/are great.

When i get stressed with ArmA cheaters and Tkers i just jump into cod and own everyone lol. Its a good way to let of steam, then i ususualy call my mates/gf and go out lol becuase it can get to the point when you say WTF am i getting angry/pissed/stressed at a game.

hmmm well im from BF2 and 2142 and you wont see me doing those things, i play the game the realistic way and behaving properally. Mind you i when i played BF2/2142 i was never the guy to be a boom headshot omg haxors type guy, i was the guy that would talk to my squad as much as possible and report E positions.

PS. "boom headshot" is used heaps in quake/CS not BF2/BF2142

My first online ARMA game:

I was running around not really knowing what I was doing... then I saw a helicopter far away, flying by a ridgeline. So took a quick shot at it, without really thinking - a kind of, 'I wonder if you can shoot choppers with rifles in this game?...'. By chance the bullet hit & killed the pilot, the chopper slammed into the rocks and about 6 people came up as being FF'd by me. I got kicked for that & no doubt everyone on there was whining about the 'noob' who came on and started tk'ing everyone. I take a bit more care now about what I'm shooting at.

My first online ARMA game:

I was running around not really knowing what I was doing... then I saw a helicopter far away, flying by a ridgeline. So took a quick shot at it, without really thinking - a kind of, 'I wonder if you can shoot choppers with rifles in this game?...'. By chance the bullet hit & killed the pilot, the chopper slammed into the rocks and about 6 people came up as being FF'd by me. I got kicked for that & no doubt everyone on there was whining about the 'noob' who came on and started tk'ing everyone. I take a bit more care now about what I'm shooting at.

It's better to use the chat than a gun wink_o.gif

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

Lol, came from BF2 myself, and from the long line of BF games and even JOTR so im no noobie when it comes to realism, although i never played Operation Flashpoint, i heard it was good, fun, and realistic. (YAY NO MORE BUNNY HOPPERS!wink_o.gif

-BTW- While i wasnt an OMGWTCHAXZORS! person, i was "teh uber 1337ness" as some players said, so believe me, where not all jerks. Just some.

While i enjoy this game it is a culture shock from BF2, vihicles dont respawn, you are basicly dead ad an infantry men, (Which i was unbeatable at in BF2...) the vihicles are like little metal death traps, and the helos/planes are difficult to fly/line up targets with.

All in all, im not the one man army i was in BF2, in some situations, but the game is fun, its realistic, and you get a freaking grenade launcher, who needs more?

Well, i guess theres always room for some C4. ^_^ Mawahahaha

we too ourslves on our see this and we proceed with a imminate ban if the tking person doesnt have a good reason for it like if it was an accident etc