Sign in to follow this  
Chip360

ArmA VBS2 Mod???? What is this???

Hello !

I am the project leader of this mod and the main programmer.

I would like to say thanks you for your comments !

The english translation coming very soon.

Stay here wink_o.gif

@ Snake22000

There will always be those that don't like certain aspects of any given mod, and I have mine about yours. However, I will comment on the good things.

Tracers - These are top notch! I can't begin to say that enough. Excellent job!

Armor Interface - Another excellent addition. It streamlines a otherwise unintuitive clunky default one.

Keep up the good work!

Got an error-bin\config.ccp/CfgWeapons/MP5A5/Burst/: Cannot find base class 'burst'.  That's both with 1.2 and patched version.  huh.gif  Any help?

GD Mast

Very nice job on your release. I can't wait to see whats ahead for your mod wink_o.gif

I look foward to the next release wink_o.gif

Hi Snake22000 smile_o.gif this looks very interesting. I especially like the smoke effects, particularly the columns of smoke. One thing I always liked about the FDF mod for OFP is that it had great smoke, the battlefield was sometimes overcast with long-lasting columns of smoke, very atmospheric. It looks like your mod will have a similar effect.

And the explosion effects are great too smile_o.gif

About the English translation, well, the language the most spoken on Earth is Chinese, English will come after... biggrin_o.gif

Thats very poor reasoning.

I can bet dollars to donuts that more English speaking players play Armed Assault than Chinese speaking players. Just because there are more Chinese speaking people in the world does not mean it directly scales down to Armed Assault, a game most popular in English countries.

About the English translation, well, the language the most spoken on Earth is Chinese, English will come after... biggrin_o.gif

Thats very poor reasoning.

I can bet dollars to donuts that more English speaking players play Armed Assault than Chinese speaking players. Just because there are more Chinese speaking people in the world does not mean it directly scales down to Armed Assault, a game most popular in English countries.

pile down he's just joking

(in fact more ppl speaks spainish, chiness comes secound, english comes somewhere 4 to 5 wink_o.gif )

Yeah I was just joking. smile_o.gif

Anyway, I am not from the team, so I have no more information that what is posted on their website.

Could somebody walk me trhough installing the mod :-)?

I have an 'addons' and a 'DTA' folder, but if I put them in my ArmA folder and overwrite, I will only be able to play this mod (at least, that's what happened last time :P).

Thanks.

Faaaantastic work

awesome detail level

its really about time somebody gives a damnabout the armor

frenchdudes i salute u notworthy.gif

MM... Adam dude just create a directory inside the main ARMA dir' and throw in the whole directory stracture with the files

load with a shortcut with a running path of

" ARMA\ARMA.EXE -MOD=@XARM " and ur good 2 go

any updates on the mod eh?

EDIT\\\\

actuly on there forums there is some news!!!

Quote[/b] ]We announce to you that a patch 1.2:05 of the XAM is actuelement under development.

This one will correct many bugs and will improve the stabilitée general one of the MOD.

However attention this patch will function only under the version 1.07 beta of Armed Assault. Those which want to benefit from this update will have to thus install the patch 1.7 beta of armed assault available here: ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd/patches/Arma_B… 107Int.zip

Once this patch 1.07 installed you will have to install the patch 1.2:05 XAM

In the event of difficultées thank you to address to you to a regulator.

There we go guys ! As the new version of XAM as been released, here is the english part of the website. You'll find all the news translated in english, an english language section in the forum and we are working now to translate the XAM mod on english. So stay tuned and leave your comments on the forum. (Many thanks to Jason “Military Police†for help wink_o.gif

http://xam.armedassault.fr/us/index.html

wink_o.gif

Alright, now when will v1.2.05 be released to make it work with are 1.7? Thanks for everything snake!! yay.gif

Hi Snake22000,

Did you fix this error that I get during start-up? I'm getting this message.

bin\config.ccp/CfgWeapons/MP5A5/Burst/: Cannot find base class 'burst'

GD Mast

Hi Snake22000,

GD Mast

I'm getting that too.

Hi Snake22000,

GD Mast

you're only getting that because you're trying to run the mod with 1.07 right? well, it only works with 1.05 right now, i got the same error trying to run with 1.07, 1.06...

so now we wait for there patch!

Quote[/b] ]you're only getting that because you're trying to run the mod with 1.07 right?

Negative...running US version 1.06, waiting for 1.08.  Hopefully it comes out tomorrow.  Thanks for the explanation why it's not working.  Didn't know it was for 1.05.

GD Mast

it also does not work with 1.6, only works on 1.5 lol, they are working on a hotfix to make it work with v1.8 smile_o.gif

Thanks for the info dude. thumbs-up.gif   Will be standing by for the hotfix/update.

Gd Mast

The ghillie suits are nice, but I'd like them more authentic in color. You can only hide in grass with them but on distance, they stick out like living trees. Sahrani has more deserted hills, so some brown/dark green/tan colored burlaps won't hurt.

They'd also fail sniper school dressed like that. wink_o.gif

Faces improperly camouflaged, no gloves, weapons not

camouflaged (and shining with oil), boots not camouflaged.

Still a very respectable effort as far as it goes, though.