Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

Placebo Radio interview

I have one more for Warren:

Is it feasible that Natural Point becomes in the future a competitor for Logitech by expanding the product range towards Joysticks/pedals whatever to get a fully integrated simulator/gamers working place out of one hand?

Quote[/b] ]NaturalPoint, Inc. was founded in 1997 to develop and bring to market high quality image tracking technology and unique computer control devices.

During the last several years, engineering breakthroughs have made it possible to introduce gamers and ordinary computer users to technology previously available only to the military and large corporations. The TrackIR head tracking system is one example. NaturalPoint is based in Corvallis, Oregon in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I have a question for Placebo:

Placebo how happy are you now, since you are free off incompetent people like INNOCENT&CLUELESS?

Hello Jerry!

I only heard about your radio so far and occassionally got around your crazy images, but was never interested in it a lot. But now you really hooked me up, thumbs up for that interview! I look forward to listening to it.

Hello Clueless! (now I actually don't wonder about your name anymore)

It doesn't really good for you, to come around this forum from time to time and start blaming and flaming pretty well-known and respected people. You will get noone to support you with that attitude. Actually I agree with every single point Balschoiw made, attacking him won't do you any good, since he is a very respected voice of the community (that does not mean everyone agrees with him).

I can only explain the obvious lack of information demonstrated in your offensive posts by your absence of these forums. Who are you? What have you ever done? In fact, these questions are meant rhetorically and I know that you won't be able to serve any appropriate answer.

I think now is the point to accept your defeat. Doing otherwise would just underline your obsessive urge for attention.

My excuses go to Jerry and Shadow for this little excursion, but it too sad to see such flaming and malinformed accusations arise to refrain from answering.

I understood the thread as invitation to fill Jerrys list of possible questions.

Exactly. That does not mean its alright to discuss how good or bad a moderator Paul was.

Stick to the questions for Jerry and nothing more.

@Marus: you've received a WL for flamebaiting I&C.

@Marus: you've received a WL for flamebaiting I&C.

The more posts i read from Mr. Incompetent&Clueless, the more i get sick.

e.g:

For just announcing patches you do not need a community manager, I expected much more and with little money and time he could have done more, why he did not ensured that nice tools/ideas for tools like OFPwatch for addon management or our new BTS for trouble ticketing are picked up by BI and made part of the BI deliverables.

Mr. NON-INNOCENT&USELESS&INCOMPETENT&CLUELESS here:

Please feel free to add more names.

No idea what could be asked?

Haven`t heard any suggestion except that my questions are wrong and hence have to be censored.

Looking forward to it Jerry Mate, should be awsome. I take it you'll be popping it up for download once you've done it mate as im not here this weekend?

Now lets ATTEMPT to get this topic back on track shall we instead of some pathetic bullshit coming out of alot of people here, most of it personal which, I for one, dont really want to read so may PM'ing each other to do it would be better. It is quite frankly some of most childish stuff I have seen on this forum for a long time. Its getting boring fast children, grow up.

Good luck Jerry again mate.

INNOCENT&CLUELESS

+1 WL and 48h vacation for continued spamming and flamebaiting here.

Same happens to the next one who thinks he must abuse this topic for discussion about Placebos work. Discuss this in PMs or whatever but not here.

INNOCENT&CLUELESS

+1 WL and 48h vacation for continued spamming and flamebaiting here.

Same happens to the next one who thinks he must abuse this topic for discussion about Placebos work. Discuss this in PMs or whatever but not here.

Hey Wolle,

so why don't you go on and ban

Balschoiw, Plaintiff1

for abandoning the topic, too?

At least, I&C delivered questions..

regards

Boecko

"Vier Eigenschaften gehören zu einem Richter: höflich anzuhören, weise zu antworten, vernünftig zu erwägen und unparteiisch zu entscheiden."

Balschoiw, Plaintiff1

I was discussing I&C's questions, not how well Placebo moderated. I thought that his tone was inappropriate and was going to prove ineffective in getting an answer.

I wrote one paragraph to answer an offtopic statement which I&C instigated.

I think that you'll find that I was bang on topic for the majority of the time.

Jerry.... (Mofo8 here from ShackTac)... any chance you could ask the TrackIR guy about the possibility of implementing helmet mounted sight functionality? i.e. you're the gunner in an Apache.... move you head and the crosshair moves too?

This would have to be something done by BIS.....

@ NaturalPoint_Vincent:

OK, but I would be interested in the pro/cons technically and commercially and what needs to be solved before to even thinking about such a product.

A good old friend of mine is camera assistant, but not a usual one, he is developing technical equipment to support cool camera moves and he uses his job to get practical experience about the needs.

He assembled for camera assistants for steady cams a system to bring the signal to a remote place with high-res mini or micro screens. Screens so tiny and transmitter & receiver so tiny that they are man portable with batteries for almost 1,5 hours operation.

He confirmed that he can easily build it in a way that it could serve as a 3D remote observation system, or, referring to my hobby, a remote weapon station.

We discussed it a little bit and by surprise he went deeper into it and surprised me weeks later with some proposals, the outcome for the user equipment for such a remote weapon station, regardless if used for a predator or a game, would be among others:

- head position sensors

- "VR glasses", not monitors!

The problem was that he did not found any VR glasses with sufficient quality and low power consumption.

So VR glasses seems to become "triple use" weapons, for games, for real military use and for movie business.

You see a market?

I can see the market, down the line....

but currently the hardware is just a little too costly right now, for the average gamer to be able to afford.

I have one more for Warren:

Is it feasible that Natural Point becomes in the future a competitor for Logitech by expanding the product range towards Joysticks/pedals whatever to get a fully integrated simulator/gamers working place out of one hand?

Quote[/b] ]NaturalPoint, Inc. was founded in 1997 to develop and bring to market high quality image tracking technology and unique computer control devices.

During the last several years, engineering breakthroughs have made it possible to introduce gamers and ordinary computer users to technology previously available only to the military and large corporations. The TrackIR head tracking system is one example. NaturalPoint is based in Corvallis, Oregon in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

At this point, I can't really say what maybe in the "pipeline"...

Hi Jerry! If I'm right Placebo have 2 children.Don't forget ask about 'em! To make him happy.And then all that questions which where offered by community :-)

Placebo has no children, his only baby is his new 360 wink_o.gif

Give it hug and kiss from uncle Ian wink_o.gif

I sure hope by that you mean Ferrari 360 and not some Microsoft product... biggrin_o.gif

Hey Wolle,

Balschoiw, Plaintiff1

If you have a problem with a moderator's decision, take it up privately with them.