Sign in to follow this  
MilitiaSniper

ArmA Disappointing

I downloaded the demo of ArmA. I found the voices and the dinging sound most annoying. But overall.., I was really really disappointed in the game in general. It's my opinion. Anyone else feel the same?

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

I don't think the Demo represents the full version properly!

So far my "US DVD Hard Copy version" runs fine.

Just my opinion.

If you are seriously looking for an answer to your question I think an advice to search the forums is all you need :-)

Just a quick Q, why wouldn't he be looking for an answer?

Seems a fair enough topic to me, you don't have to agree, and if you don't, which i kinda don't (apart from the voices rofl.gif ) why not tell him your opinion?, is that not why were here?

He's entitles to an answer of cource, its just that there are more topics where ppl are discussing what they like and dislike about arma.

So many answers to find there I guess.

I wasn't trying to be non-nice, if I was I hereby apologize .

greetz sven

I got my ArmA Euro Version yesterday, and I'm luvin it! inlove.gif

The major downsides in ArmA are, imo:

- The slappy performance in the 1.05 Patch.

- The voices are too "robotic", but I don't really care that much about it though.

- My Stoneage Era, PC. rofl.gifbiggrin_o.gif

--------

Cheers. smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I wasn't disappointed since I never expected it to be more than Elite on steroids wink_o.gif

I love ArmA. the graphics and sound are great and engaging and the new features kick ass. Don't play single player though; the AI is dumb. Multiplayer on ArmA is so fun!

In convinced that all will get better with time.

The current unsound atmosphere in this forum is caused by a hughe lack of patience.

The thing thats dissapointing me most is MP bug of the burnt out chopper you have to shoot once to magically transform it to a proper one, many times your emergency pickup arrives and the pilots going "get in get in" and your standing there thinking what?, then you notice a ghostly shell next to you, you have to laugh though if your gonna have a bug you might as well go all out biggrin_o.gif , the other dissapointment is the lack of even basic climbing or scaling ability, (which i started a different thread on), apparently the MOD is gonna buy VBS2 but i don't know if they realise you can't do this, there gonna shit a brick when realisation dawns wink_o.gif

Apart from that i wouldn't want to play any other game at the moment (apart from Pippa Funnels horse trials biggrin_o.gif )as for me ArmA has potentially has it all, plus i love reading these forums and looking at the really clever addons and scripts people make.

biggrin_o.gif

Im well happy with Arma too! Its just enough to be better then ofp, but also very little changes (apart from gfx and extras like multi guns) I see it becoming very interesting when the tools are finally released (should have been released with the game in my opinion though as they would have recieved a lot more interest) Cant beat the feeling you get when you see a chopper controlled by your mate coming in for a landing, throwing dust in your face and the actual suspention on the chopper bouncing when they touch down! Its a masterpiece and if people were just to look at the depth and work involved with this series then they would probs moan a lil less about it. I recommend a buy! notworthy.gif

I am not disappointed.

I have an old and slow computer and I didn't expect ArmA to even work on my computer. I was surprised that it even runs.

So. I bet much of the crying on this forum is due to people buying top-of-the-line hardware, having their expectations skyrocket as a result, adjust graphic settings to high, then disappoint when their expectations of high frames-per-second were not fulfilled.

Please notice, I left the numerous bugs in ArmA out of the previous paragraph. Just talking about performance problems not caused by bugs.

I love this game ... perhaps people have to high expectations of it I'm not sure ... but get yourself into a good fun clan and its great fun biggrin_o.gif

I think ArmA is a worthy successor to OFP; the AI deserve far more credit than they're given (well, when operating in open spaces) - in all areas but towns they perform very well, and I have been pleasantly surprised in a built-up area against AI in a multiplayer game several times.

Multiplayer is always a bit more engaging, but there's very few adversarial servers out there, most of them are co-op, so you usually find yourself shooting up AI anyway.

I get the same rush from ArmA that I got from OFP: that irresistable urge to go out and make addons and missions.

im kinda disapointed that i can not take all use of my recent upgrade.. I bought a x1950 pro 512mb ddr3 and drivers have bugs..

So i a memory leak and game becomes laggy ( video lag ) and i cant solve this crap :/

though it might not be BIS fault.

The sounds isnt the problem there is a couple of mods done best like FDF-soundmods to ArmA. The lack of more advanced physics engine and AI-handling is the biggest flawns but even those doesnt prevent this game to be the best of all. Whit proper modify tools many things will be changed.

Arma sucks on so many levels its not even funny, performance is a joke, even on high end hardware, stock sounds are crap, control interface is clunky, team AI is dumb, enemy AI is super duper, no aircraft/rotorcraft avionics etc.. etc..

But join up with a mature tactical thinking Arma squad and all the niggly bugs and flaws will pale in significance when you're moving through a city together like a pack of wolves. I love this game and it will only get better given time and updates, not to mention future conversions and addons.

Out the box Arma's not for everyone but give it time and play it with a bunch of likeminded individuals and it turns into one of the best gaming experiences you can hope to have.

I wasn't disappointed since I never expected it to be more than Elite on steroids wink_o.gif

Exactly, Im just going to be playing ArmA until Game2 comes out...

Quote[/b] ]I love this game ... perhaps people have to high expectations of it I'm not sure ... but get yourself into a good fun clan and its great fun biggrin_o.gif

Right the only way to fully experience ArmA is through a unit, or clan...

Maybe with the screenshots and all the years of high expectation I had for ArmA. It couldn't live up to it. Anyways.., I will stick with the original OFP and play it with all the great addons and mods created for it.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

i figure it all depends on whether you're a singleplayer or a multiplayer guy.

while the multiplayer guys generally seem to be very happy with ArmA, SP people like me are disappointed by the content, mainly the weak campaign.

the game itself is pretty good in my opinion; graphics look great, units look and control great, battle feeling is great.

but the SP content doesn't even scratch the surface of what's possible with this kind of game. sad_o.gif

Been playing ArmA since Dec(I live in the US) I don't think I'd still be playin it faithfully EVERY DAY) if it was not a good game, nor would i see the packed servers I see upon joining. I also don't think i would've spent the money i did to import the game all the way from Germany(non-english). The Demo is not the final representation of the game. You need to play it online on TS in a team based format to fully enjoy this game! Not trying to offend anyone here just tired of ppl bashing a perfectly good game b4 they see the whole picture.

I was dissapointed, the game isn't smooth enough, some features, instead of being realistic, were simply features to slow down gameplay so it's harder to kill each other.

The AI is absolutely terrible, makes you feel lonely when you play offline, and still things feel kind of crappy on multiplayer pub servers, because the player limit does not work well with the huge distances.

The game should have been thought out properly/finished before being released, Not just the bugs that are annoying, the features aren't very innovative, it would take some sort of miracle patch to make it a good game, as in I wouldn't imagine future changelogs including:

Zeroable sights

Player limit increase

Realistic bullet penetration

Faster movement whilst being sighted in, sights stutter slightly less when moving and having full stamina

The annoying tracers, that look more like lasers, be removed or changed to look realistic and only be available on machineguns.

And lots more...

EDIT: M203 sights, dire need i tells ya...

I am not really expecting the base game to be great in the future, but i'm sure we'll see some brilliant mods.

I just hope GAME 2 is going to kick ass now that BIS have some dosh

biggrin_o.gif

Maybe with the screenshots and all the years of high expectation I had for ArmA. It couldn't live up to it. Anyways.., I will stick with the original OFP and play it with all the great addons and mods created for it.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

"oh f@@@ that i would stick with XXX"

well this kind of reaction would never make a game became good game

good for you but i am the one who want to move forward(no matter how hard it is)

Mouse movement delay.

The movement system is the clunkiest and ugliest in any FPS I've seen. You can't move and reload or change weapons. Transitions are slow and disorienting. Changing between sights and free vision is disorienting.

The movement head-bob is aweful. In reality your head movement is tied to your sense of balance and is not noticable. Other games don't have a head-bob for all movement because it's nausiating.

Limited ability to look around outside vehicles - turning-out is almost a joke.

The vehicle physics are absurd. Hit a rock and an APC goes airborn.

Mouse movement delay.

The movement system is the clunkiest and ugliest in any FPS I've seen. You can't move and reload or change weapons. Transitions are slow and disorienting. Changing between sights and free vision is disorienting.

The movement head-bob is aweful. In reality your head movement is tied to your sense of balance and is not noticable. Other games don't have a head-bob for all movement because it's nausiating.

Limited ability to look around outside vehicles - turning-out is almost a joke.

The vehicle physics are absurd. Hit a rock and an APC goes airborn.

Quote the whole post for truth notworthy.gif