Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

People also seem to think that "Dragonskin" is some revolutionary new super-armor that stops anything.

Dragonskin is basically made of the same materials as most other body armors, it is Spectra/Kevlar/Ceramic. Stops the same threats. It's actually heavier than an issue IBA, but does offer coverage over more area for rifle protection.

The Dragonskin armor will stop a 7.62 just like a SAPI plate in an IBA, it just covers the entire vest, not a 10"x12" rectangle on the front and back. Also, the desirable thing about Dragonskin is it's flexibility. It's basically made of ceramic "scales" over a soft armor base, allowing the rigid armor to flex along with the soft armor that catches the spall after the ceramic has broken up a round.

An advancement in body armor, yes... A totally new technology, no. Still stops the same threats. And, no, it won't stop a .50.

Armor saves lives, but it makes no one invincible.

Quote[/b] ]Also it's my 21st birthday on the 7th, so cut me some slack, would yeh? :P

I hope I don't screw things up, but here in germany it is the 7th already, so I thought, I'd wish you a happy birthday. biggrin_o.gif btw, looking forward to your presents for us.

People also seem to think that "Dragonskin" is some revolutionary new super-armor that stops anything.

Dragonskin is basically made of the same materials as most other body armors, it is Spectra/Kevlar/Ceramic. Stops the same threats. It's actually heavier than an issue IBA, but does offer coverage over more area for rifle protection.

The Dragonskin armor will stop a 7.62 just like a SAPI plate in an IBA, it just covers the entire vest, not a 10"x12" rectangle on the front and back. Also, the desirable thing about Dragonskin is it's flexibility. It's basically made of ceramic "scales" over a soft armor base, allowing the rigid armor to flex along with the soft armor that catches the spall after the ceramic has broken up a round.

An advancement in body armor, yes... A totally new technology, no. Still stops the same threats. And, no, it won't stop a .50.

Armor saves lives, but it makes no one invincible.

Very, very well said, Pyrodox. Dead right on the assessment.

Happy B'day Cam!

Uhhh, uhhh.... Any updates?

rofl.gif

Just kidding.... Seriously I hope people lay off that retarded question until release, regardless of the date.

Enjoy the day

Dragonskin hasnt been fielded, so its irelevant to this discussion IMO

Dragonskin hasnt been fielded, so its irelevant to this discussion IMO

Yeah, and it wont ever be. It was rejected by the US Army a couple years ago.

And happy birthday Cam wink_o.gif

happy birthday cameron we wish you all good man!

go get a nice meal with some nice beer(i say czech theyre the best)

Beer? Care for a cup of tea at the top of the mornin' governor?

wink_o.gif

Who brought up Dragonskin in the discussion anyways?  confused_o.gif

wtf, hes australian not cockney british :P

Pyrodox brought up the dragonskin

2Jahve

Well, maybe Cam is former english lord - who knows... tounge2.gif

So..."A cup of tea, sir?"

are those ugly gloves also part of the model? *g*

Besides them, those are the fu**ing best models I´ve ever seen yay.gif Outstanding work notworthy.gif

Btw: Happy Birthday Cam! xmas_o.gif

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! MUMMY! They're not playing nice! They won't let me play with their toys!

But seriously, WOW/ drool. The screen shot of the three on the roof and the A-10 in my new wallpaper! Awesome!

Cam! Mate! Get a PO box set up so we can all send you beer in thanks!

Think of how much you will get!!

Happy hunting yall!

alext223.

BTW: That image makes a great wallpaper!

Heh, thanks for the kind words, guys. I went out last night, got inebriated and ended up badly due to an oyster I don't think was quite right... but that's another story.

As for the work:

@Boonie issue: since you blokes are all clamouring for my blood, I'm gonna release just enough units to keep you happy by the 18th, so, I've just got the DMarksman and Squad Leader to go. The DMarksman will have an ACH, since a) the BIS one is rather odd and b) I'd say that wearing an ACH in a combat zone is mandatory in the urban situation. I'm also getting some help with the ambient shadow maps, so those are coming along too.

@Gloves: those are tan Hatch SGOs! The dudes also have the black and green variants too, as well as two types of Nomex gloves, a Wiley-X CAG and Oakley Pilots are in there too.

However, I'm out of town this weekend, as such, and won't be back until Monday or so. smile_o.gif Things are on track for the 18th, though.

Once I've gotten the "main" pack out, I'll feel a tonne less pressure and will be able to work on garrison dudes, extra combat units (RTOs?) and newer features at my leisure. Plus make some missions, too, which would be nice, since I was originally a mission maker to begin with.

Quote[/b] ]Things are on track for the 18th, though.

AWESOME...a release date finally  yay.gif  yay.gif !!

looking forward for it.

Woot!! The 18th is now nationally declared " Cammy Makes ArmA Awesome Day "

International Cammy makes ArmA Awesome Day. Learn!

DOH! Thanks for fixing that for me Jahve, dunno wat I was thinking.

International ArmA Holiday ! biggrin_o.gif

All i can say is F***ing AWESOMe GEMME GEMME NOW OR ILL CRY!

Btw Happy Bday Cam hope you had a good one, lots of presents :P

Kris rofl.gif

Once I've gotten the "main" pack out, I'll feel a tonne less pressure and will be able to work on garrison dudes, extra combat units (RTOs?) and newer features at my leisure.

Wow! Some RTOs would be fine sir!

Can't wait for this package!

I can answer that: "no"

Boonies and garrison caps arent used operationally, only when on base and out of gear.

Those units look pretty goddamn good.

If he releases garrison troops, he should find someone to make him a building of the Post Exchange (complete with the AAFES logo and everything) so they have something to do tounge2.gif.

hey cammy dude i know your gonna release at 18th i thought its gonna be later so its awesome!!!!!!! smile_o.gif

but one thing please update a replacement pack to your new ACU awesome units so we can use them in regular missions and multiplayer instead of the regular BIS units!!!!

I can answer that: "no"

Boonies and garrison caps arent used operationally, only when on base and out of gear.

That's not true. Both boonies and patrol caps are used in the field.

CameronMcDonald, you managed it to have every single pic >100kb in your first post... huh.gif