Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

After doing a bit of asking around a certain individual I know who's been to the sandbox as a Contractor has confirmed seeing Army Engineers wearing boonies, but beyond that he seemed to believe it was mostly just SF and Special Op types who would wear them, aswell as baseball caps.

Regardless I'm still of the opinion that it would be nice if they were to be added eventually, espiecally with a drop-leg tactical holster.

Jeez, the hats are worn inside the wire which is the context that it was originally stated.

"in the field." does not mean "on the way to the DFAC on Camp Victory." "in the field" means "riding TC at 0230 from Camp Echo to FOB Kalsu on MSR Tampa" or "Raiding an AQ-I safe house in Al-Qaim." Obviously 2 different concepts, right?

And the way garrison soldiers is being talked about is just to represent soldiers who aren't suited up in armor so they can represent soldiers who aren't deployed, or deployed and not outside the wire.

Jeez, the hats are worn inside the wire which is the context that it was originally stated.

"in the field." does not mean "on the way to the DFAC on Camp Victory." "in the field" means "riding TC at 0230 from Camp Echo to FOB Kalsu on MSR Tampa" or "Raiding an AQ-I safe house in Al-Qaim." Obviously 2 different concepts, right?

And the way garrison soldiers is being talked about is just to represent soldiers who aren't suited up in armor so they can represent soldiers who aren't deployed, or deployed and not outside the wire.

huh.gif

Hey, uh, I'm not trying to piss anyone off, or get into a debate over a stupid cover, so cool your jets, dude.

I'm just trying to contribute something meaningful to the discussion- regardless of the implied context, or lack thereof. Sorry if that bothers you.

No no, I'm not upset or anything, but it just seemed that someone (not you) got the wrong idea and I was just trying to clarify the context.

Sorry if it came out a little harsh, but my intent was for a little bit of banter.

*edit*

I looked at the picture you posted again, and it kinda made me laugh because your wife hadn't tightened the vest and it looks like she's wearing a size Large when she should have like a small or medium. It's like in the Army when they give the M249 to either the tiny female or the tiny male.

Smaller than when she left, but yeah. As a matter of fact, she's going again in a couple months. I SOOOOO wish you Army types had enough of your own medics.... sad_o.gif

Good to hear she is okay.

Actually, the problem isn't the number of medics, the problem is the distribution. Tons of Army medics never deploy because they're staffing Army hospitals. The majority of the time, that I know of, that medical personnel deploy is when they're units independent of medical facilities, such as the 44th Med Com here at Ft. Bragg.I could be wrong, and there could in fact be a massive shortage of medics, but I don't know for sure.

Ironically, all AF medics deploy from hospitals as well... wink_o.gif She's typically staff at the cardiac care unit at Wilford Hall, Lackland AFB. She's usually up to her elbows in somebody's chest over here, or over there.

Anyway, it equally sucks for us all, of course. But that's a whole 'nother Oprah.

Ironically, all AF medics deploy from hospitals as well... wink_o.gif She's typically staff at the cardiac care unit at Wilford Hall, Lackland AFB. She's usually up to her elbows in somebody's chest over here, or over there.

Anyway, it equally sucks for us all, of course. But that's a whole 'nother Oprah.

Not me! 3 letters. E.T.S.

....though I'm currently jonesing for re-enlistment confused_o.gif

That is like the first time I've ever seen a Desert camo interceptor in the US Military. Maybe the AF has the money for it. Unlike us penny-pinching Navy guys.

Let's not get into a debate about a stinkin' cover guys, there are more pressing issues at hand, like how somebody managed to stick a pencil in the overhead. biggrin_o.gif

confused_o.gif Hmm.. I guess the AF hasn't fully switched over to ABU's yet.

Anyways, the AAFES joke was funny as a mow-pho. I'm still laughing my arse off about it. rofl.gif

Are you serious? On my first deployment, everyone was issued the desert vest except for those who joined the unit after the initial CIF / RFI issue. I carried my desert vest a good few months into the ACU days even. Infact, among pogue units, the desert vest is the most common.

US Navy Dude, nothing wrong with what your saying smile_o.gif

acuwlmx8.jpg

acu3colorqh2.jpg

3coloracuvk4.jpg

Considering the nametags it would be cool if it entered the last part of the players name such as so many people (the SP people) just put their actual name in and they space it so it just places that part in the name tag. But I dont think ArmA can do that. I dont mind if soldiers dont even have name tags.

Considering the nametags it would be cool if it entered the last part of the players name such as so many people (the SP people) just put their actual name in and they space it so it just places that part in the name tag. But I dont think ArmA can do that. I dont mind if soldiers dont even have name tags.

Cant. Tried it sad_o.gif

Cammy, are you doing Special Forces blokes?

I know I'm not cammy but he's previously said he wont be doing em.

If Cammy does not make SF, i guess it's a matter of time before someone makes some sf blokes (the ones from vbs 2 are quite good imo, and i'm not saying: ZOMG, I wanna über 1337 vbs 2 stuff in arma).

At last, i saw in many of the screenshots your blokes have their AT weapons askew: exemple screenshot. Is it an addon?

P.S:

Last night, i was dreaming playing with your acu lads shoting some commies with some weapons from SJB Weapons Pack 2.0...I wish real life could have the x4 feature like arma does... tounge2.gif

Cant. Tried it sad_o.gif

It can't be done with the setObjectTexture command, or does that only work for the custom profile logo?

Not to hijack the thread but I may be planning something. Im not saying anything else yet. whistle.gif

Not to hijack the thread but I may be planning something. Im not saying anything else yet. whistle.gif

As if this thread wasn't full enough of spam. crazy_o.gif

Cam already seen those screens for VBS2 (Ive send him a pack of pictures a long time ago), and he told that he can beat those units, but I think he already beat them. smile_o.gif

Anyway, it will be good to have some SF in the future too.

Jahve, come on, give us more info.. whistle.gif

OK, been working hard. New pic:

P1-1.jpg

P2-1.jpg

P3-1.jpg

P4-1.jpg

P5.jpg

Look hard, and you might notice something a little different from the vanilla BIS dudes...

Issues raised by you blokes:

Performance: should be better than standard BIS troops, especially at distance. Most units are similar to their BIS counterparts face wise, some are higher, some are lower, but ALL of the new guys have less sections than the vanilla dudes, especially in the lower LODs. ALL of the ACU units drop from 6 to 8 sections in the 1.00 LOD (which is usually lower than the comparative BIS unit) to 3 or 4 sections in the 2.00 LOD. This augers well for making missions with large amounts o' dudes. There is, however, room for optimisation, but this will haveta wait until the 2nd release, later on... or at least until Jonny puts out the next version of his marines, which are NUTS.

Nametapes: As Jahve mentioned, we looked into the possibility of having custom names, however, the real issue is that I don't have time, and plus most of the units don't have a visible nametag due to their LBHs covering the IOTV's front panel. An easier method would be to map a tag onto the ACH, but, this would be quite time consuming, and to make my current deadline it's going on the back burner for now.

As for the whole "ah tits I've got 7 blokes with the same nametape" issue, well, each class with a nametape visible has a different name, and that's about the best I can do. If I feel bad about it later I might cop out and just put "US Army" up there, but as for now, shmah, it suffices. Isn't having a unique model for each class enough? Heck, I even made TWO rifleman units just so you wouldn't have two identical riflemen in each squad, though there are still two identical grenadiers and SAW gunners per squad, sadleh. Maybe I'll fix that next time around.

Armour: All the blokes have upgraded armour for their torsos. I kept the legs and arms the same, as the groin plate, kidney pad and DAPs don't extend ALL the way down, and upping the armour for these areas would be [JimCarreyVoice] COUNTERPRODUCTIVE! [/JimCarreyVoice]

If I can convince one of my modding friends to bake me some more _AS textures very quickly, perhaps the lightly armoured dudes can come out in this release too. We'll see.

Special Forces: Maybe later. I've still got a crapload of stuff to make as far as regs go, and I suppose someone else who likes making spec op dudes will make them eventually. <cough> Jonny or Ebud <cough>

Work continues. Ebud - please check your PM... though I imagine you already have. smile_o.gif