Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

Operation Flashpoint 2 officially announced

OFP 2 should ditch the whole hypothetical island nation thing and be about the Warsaw Pact countries invading Western Europe/USA in the 80's.

Quote[/b] ]In the world of consoles there are no exceptions. It's just a waste of time to play console games. If OFP2 is going to be constructed for consoles from the beginning, it's nothing that's worth playing!

what about ofp:elite. people on these forums seem to both complain that console games are dumbed-down and yet also complain if there is one that is not dumbed-down because it doesn't have huge success. besides, ofp:elite didn't do that badly, it went gold.

anyway, back to the actual game. even if it is dumbed down e.t.c it should "keep us going" till game2 and provide some good pointers at what it will be like. the thing i am looking forward to trying out is the new vehicle physics and destruction.

besides, ofp:elite didn't do that badly, it went gold.

Every game goes gold, it just means the release disk is sent to the publisher.. icon_rolleyes.gif

what the hell is the point of that lol.

anyway it did sell a few copies i just think it was partly sabotaged by the mainstream game websites (e.g ign) and had some release date problems.

c'mon. it is obvious why Elite 'failed':

1. the CM/BIS splitup

2. release date on the EXACT spot as 360 release (could it be worse you'd ask:)

3. enige ok but gfx/anims subpar (to some extend)

So, the 'receipt' for a succesful Elite would hae been:

1. CM/BIS working TOGETHER

2. Go for a 360 release early 2006 (iso xbox release nov 2005)

3. Take that extra time to upgrade the visulas/anims

You would have got a niche winner here.

Only ONE word (errr two) for it:

MISSED OPPORTUNITY:(:(

I took a look at the grass and trees and shadows in CMR:Dirt (demo on 360). Parking outside the track, of course i couldn't get out of the car but from inside my impressions are:

- Grass is swaying nicely

- Trees look allright

- Shadows seem ok

- Sunlight filters thru leaves nicely

- I didn't see my tracks left in the grass though

So, it will be interesting to see if:

- Will grass conceal over distance? (how big will the maps be anyway?)

- Can you run down trees? (if yes, do the become an obstacle?)

Yes, i will play Ofp2 more than arma probably...

1) i can play like the graphics are on all very high on the xbox 360.

2) i don't need to spend $1,500 on 1 computer that will last me 5 years at the most.

3) i can communicate better on the xbox 360.

4) New friends and challenges. smile_o.gif

5) more to come.

After seeing Codemasters: line-up at Leipzig, im very disappointed. Opf2 isnt there sad_o.gif damn.

Quote[/b] ]Codemasters’ Games Convention 2007 Lineup:

CLIVE BARKER’S JERICHO™

The terrifying squad-based horror FPS based on an original concept by the master mythmaker, Clive Barker’s Jericho™ will receive its European consumer playable premiere at Games Convention 2007. Already hotly tipped as a key videogame this fall, and included in GameSpy.com’s Top 10 Best Games of E3 2007 awards, Clive Barker’s Jericho will take players on a journey through hellish locations and slices of time combating gruesome and twisted enemies from the mind of Clive Barker.

Clive Barker’s Jericho is coming this autumn for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and Games for Windows®. For the fright of your life, visit www.jericho-game.com

TURNING POINTâ„¢: FALL OF LIBERTY

Games Convention 2007 will mark the first time ever that gamers will be able to go hands on with Turning Pointâ„¢: Fall of Liberty, the epic alternate-reality World War II shooter from Spark Unlimited.

Set in 1953, amidst an alternate WWII reality, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty opens as Nazi forces launch a decimating attack on New York. At Leizpig, gamers will be able to hands-on and play through the game’s moving, action-packed portion of the initial invasion. With Nazi battleships taking the harbour, monstrous Zeppelins filling the skies, jet powered aircraft executing bombing runs, and armed paratroopers descending to the city streets taking New York block by block, players will be overwhelmed with the will to survive and the determination to defend with this new take on WWII shooters.

To be showcased at Leipzig on Xbox 360, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty is also being developed for the PLAYSTATION®3 system and Games for Windows. For the latest game briefings visit www.turningpointgame.com.

OVERLORDâ„¢

Revealing new content for Overlord™, Codemasters’ hit action adventure that enables players to explore their more despotic side, gamers will be able to go head to head with an all-new split screen multiplayer mode. The mode is soon to be available as a free content download for Xbox 360 via Xbox Live® Marketplace.

The creation of Dutch developer Triumph Studios, Overlord is all about being ruthless and determined as players pillage lands, conquer kingdoms and rise to be proclaimed the new all-powerful Overlord, ably assisted by a horde of loyal but lethal minions.

The free content update will provide the option to play split screen on all existing multiplayer maps. Overlord is out now for PC and Xbox 360. Visit www.codemasters.com/overlord for the latest game information.

COLIN McRAE: DiRTâ„¢

Already a best-seller on Xbox 360 and PC, Games Convention 2007 will be the first place for gamers to test drive the PLAYSTATION®3 system edition of Colin McRae: DiRT™. Set to launch this September for the PLAYSTATION®3 system, Colin McRae: DIRT takes traditional rally and turns it into an exhilarating cavalcade of mud splattering, gravel churning, handbrake turning, off-road race events.

As the evolution of the world’s grittiest racing game series, the car handling is sublime, the physics system thrillingly accurate and the damage effects are devastating. Dirty up at www.codemasters.com/dirt

The Lord of the Rings Onlineâ„¢: Shadows of Angmarâ„¢

BOOK 10: THE CITY OF THE KINGS.

The dedicated Codemasters Online area will feature the playable first look at Book 10: The City of the Kings, the second free update for The Lord of the Rings Onlineâ„¢: Shadows of Angmarâ„¢, the award-winning MMO from Turbine, Inc. Jeffrey Steefel, Executive Producer, will host exclusive presentations of Book 10 at 12.00 and 14.30 on Thursday, August 23rd and 17.00 on Friday, August 24th. The area will also feature community activity including a series of Monster Play events.

Plus - news just in:

Codemasters Online will be showing new signing "Fury" on the OnlineWelten stand, located in Hall 4 B01. The development team and Codemasters Online team will be there to host the first European look at the title.

I read on another site that OFP 2 was going to be included, strange if not they have said earlier it would .

personally, i prefer a funny game. i don't want excessive realistic things, because this is not playable (high dispersion etc). the reality is boring, and a game is made to have a good time, not to simulate boring stuff.

a good AI is the essential thing, that Codemaster must do. i agree with Lecholas for this point.

i hate to be kill by a friendly grenade. crazy_o.gif

After seeing Codemasters: line-up at Leipzig, im very disappointed. Opf2 isnt there sad_o.gif damn.

You sure thats not only the games that are presented as "playable" maybe OFP2 will be shown with a trailer, or some other tech stuff.

personally, i prefer a funny game. i don't want excessive realistic things, because this is not playable (high dispersion etc). the reality is boring, and a game is made to have a good time, not to simulate boring stuff.

a good AI is the essential thing, that Codemaster must do. i agree with Lecholas for this point.

So why don't you and all the other people who feel the same way go play quake, doom or something like that instead of coming to the most realistic game made and complaining that it is too realistic???

ARGH.

rofl.gif lol, please, let me to have my opinion.

but if you need a reply: because i like to create addons, and create my own world (the first ofp engine was great, i hope to see that in ofp2), and HD stuff are really boring, i have never seen that kind of stuff during my military service (which was real confused_o.gif )

and if you want a real army, you know that your army need YOU. confused_o.gif

That's sad...Game2 and Ofp2 on GC toghether? That could be interesting...

Yeah, wanna see BIS and CM flamebating biggrin_o.gif

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Agree on this Dante (thou from a different reasons wink_o.gif ), too much realism 'kills' a game. Any mission maker which is striving to a realism knows that. I as a realism freak want to make my missions as realistic as possible, but soon enough (during the creating process and testing) I discover too much realism is not good, sometimes can even completely destroy a gameplay. So, just enough, the right, balanced measure of it ...

I hope CM knows that also ...

Nah that looks a bit to slick with all the grass etc to be in-game I think.

Of course I can hope smile_o.gif , the teaser was nice though and I am looking forward to this more and more.

I know it uses the NEON engine which "Colin McRae Dirt" is built upon as well but I haven`t played it so I can`t comment on the engine.

Hope GameTrailer has it later on. Plus some stuff about ArmA: QG and ArmA II.

OT: Yep, er nok meg. wink_o.gif

Video looks good, but I doubt it's ingame.

anyway, finally another and realistic conflict! Even the placement of the island is realistic. I read some news about BP and other oil companies sending "scouts" to this area because of oil:)

YouTube version for anyone too lazy to register

LINK