Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

Operation Flashpoint 2 officially announced

Codemasters: A sense of balance between the sides, cheat prevention, main focus on multiplayer.

BIS: Doesn't care about balancing, no cheat prevention, and no focus on their (current and dropping like rocks) loyal multiplayer base... Hell, it took 9 months AFTER release for the tools, and STILL believe fixing a latter is more important than fixing hackers.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Could you link me Victor I've been missing news about this. smile_o.gif

Gamespot Link

Also, I was looking at the nature shots from the already realsed game "DiRT", here's a picture (In-Game, NOT rendered) from the Neon Engine:

untitledci9.png

Hope are still high.. It's similar to the OFP2 render video, which says to me.. "Expect gameplay close to the video we just saw".

I've seen a preview of OFP2 in PC ZONE UK magazine and it's certainly promising a lot to its fans. Seriously, it could be the game we all want it to be. The preview has popped up on the AAZ forums already! Check it out.

Well im pleasantly suprised by their attitude, and they have the manpower and money to pull it off. biggrin_o.gif

(Shame they dropped the floating zone though sad_o.gif )

Thanks for that , simply reading the review gives you a feeling of the good old OFP experience ,something sadly lacking with arma (arma 2 seems to give an ofp setting ut poor pr so far to make a judgement). If and its a big IF this turns out to be what the review is saying ,then we gamers are gonna have one hell of a win win situation with codies and bis fighting for our money:)

Good luck to Bis and Codies may you both earn your investment back and a little spare for the wife and may we as gamers once more get that good old Flashpoint feeling.

They did? Hmmm this game just lost 40% appeal with me.

The part in the screen you can aim around in OFP and ArmA without actualy turnign the whole screen/character.

No problem. IMO it was one of OFP's best features.

They did? Hmmm this game just lost 40% appeal with me.

The preview didn't say they dropped the floating zone. It said they improved it.

Actually the article said that the OFP free aiming system (or floating aim zone) is

Quote[/b] ]replaced by a system simultaneously (and mysteriously) described as "similar", "different" and "better"

Now if someone understand what -exactly- that description means , i would be happy to hear it biggrin_o.gif

After reading the PC Zone article and looking at the screenshots, holy hell if this games going to be what I hope it will my arma disk will find a new place as a coaster for my morning cuppa. biggrin_o.gif

OFP2 is set to be amazing, I really have high hopes for it. Can't wait to see some true indication of what they have on offer, as some features might be dropped before release (such as modability and mission making).

@Commander-598

Who needs viewdistance, if the objects ain't visible in less than a half ?... biggrin_o.gif

I rather have 5000m VD, but all enemy in sight than 15km without visible objects & enemys in ~2km.

This is, what i call "true VD". tounge2.gif

However OFP2 looks great.

Its near impossible to tell what the VD is like in those screens.. theres one on the first image, bottom left which looks good, plenty of VD for me .. u can see the mountain in the distance...

By the way, this is the island its 'based on'

Clicky

But hell, this looks sweet... then again i thought that about ArmA and was dissapointed :P

Wonder what BIS think about OFP2? whistle.gif

We can only wonder wink_o.gif

If they were telling the truth in the article then I can't wait!

Thx for the links...well actually the 3rd one is the same as the first.

They modelled a handgrenade with 5000 polys ?!?

Do i need to start saving money for a Cray ? huh.gif

Seriously, if they don´t waste it, it could be something interesting.

How they say? Ah yes; cant' wait!

Seriously, if they don´t waste it, it could be something interesting.

If that would be from BIS most of you would uncontrollably drooling right now, not just say "it could be something interesting". tounge2.gif

At least they (CM) have the sense to go next-gen console also. And i don't want no dumbing-downed sh*t:)

360 is in desperate need for something like this. Why there isn't a GR:IT/360 or ArmA/360 is beyond me, but hey, now they start to see some possibilities as in:

BFS game (also in the works for 360)

OFP2 by CM (also in the works for 360)

ARMA2 by BIS (also in the works for 360)

Let F****G hope those GRAW idiots have the seems to bring back the original (or a similar game) as a next-gen game to 360

At least 2008 has a lot of promise on the mil sim game front for the 360 gamer.

When there is a void, it will be filled, seems like 2008 is the year for this

Further reading of the article indicates that all weapons will be ballistically correct as well as 70 people have been employed as providing research material on the weapons alone.

Only thing I dislike and it's personal and minot gripe is all the uniforms look like soviet padded winter gear. The DiRT engine has made them look like slightly portly and soft.

That aside I am thinking ArmA2 will have a run for it's money and good job too. Some competition will hopefully get BIS to up it's game somewhat as ArmA feels like a Beta test for ArmA2.

Nice how he skirted the mod community question by directing the answer to the in-game mission editor wink_o.gif I'd bet about anything that there will be 0 mod support as once it's built they will start piling on the expansions if it sells ok. If it doesn't sell like crazy it'll get dropped in a heartbeat. Just a guess.

Actually in the PC Zone interview they promise all the modability of the original.

If anything we only have a fraction of the modability now on ArmA until all the tools are released. It's nearly been a year now whistle.gif

@Raptor- I already posted those pics from their source, which your website failed to credit. Bad boy!

@HamishUK- I doubt that all they've promised will be in OFP2- there has to be compromises in development. Still if they were included it'd be amazing yay.gif

I reckon the game will be great but they'd hardly tell us the bad points at this stage. We need an in-game trailer, really.