Sign in to follow this  
kestrel7e7

Awesome ArmA trailer

Found this mind blowing trailer, if BIS had released this I would have bought ArmA INSTANTLY.

"Here's a video I cooked up over the course of five hours a few days ago. It's inspired by the "300" trailer that carried the same music, and depicts a surprise attack by the North Sahrani against their southern neighbors in ArmA: Combat Operations (which will be out May 1st in the US)."

http://dslyecxi.com/videos/arma_like_you_imagined.wmv

http://dslyecxi.com/

yeah just watched this before. Very nice video

only things i don't like is, im not sure why the closeup on the dead US soldiers is necessary... it works well when it pans to the 'Viva la revolucion' sign but i dont think it would to good to have closeups of dead US soldiers for the ArmA US release trailer  biggrin_o.gif

and other thing is its a wee bit long for a trailer

only things i don't like is, im not sure why the closeup on the dead US soldiers is necessary... it works well when it pans to the 'Viva la revolucion' sign but i dont think it would to good to have closeups of dead US soldiers for the ArmA US release trailer biggrin_o.gif

There are no dead US soldiers in that video. The ones you see are South Sahrani. The only US personnel in that video are not engaged in combat, aside from the aircraft pilots.

You see plenty of dead US soldiers in the game, so you may as well offend those people with a video rather than make them buy the game to get offended and even more pissed off tounge2.gif

Don't take that comment seriously.

Besides, official BIS trailers showed plenty of dead/dying US soldiers.

Guest Ti0n3r
really great stuff...best ArmA trailer ive seen so far!

notworthy.gif

Ditto notworthy.gif

Most grand video I have seen of ArmA so far. The TrackIr4 video wasnt bad either though biggrin_o.gif

The community guys are 1000 times more taltented than the BIS crew. They should be offered a job at BIS and earn money for this kind of professionalism.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ April 12 2007,12:06)]The community guys are 1000 times more taltented than the BIS crew. They should be offered a job at BIS and earn money for this kind of professionalism.

Please link me to a trailer made by BIS.

Boy its fun to be on this train smile_o.gif

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ April 12 2007,12:06)]The community guys are 1000 times more taltented than the BIS crew. They should be offered a job at BIS and earn money for this kind of professionalism.

The bad trailer was by the American publisher wink_o.gif

BIS sure takes the heat for a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with them.

That said, I insist that BIS lower the price of gas on the lower mainland. There is no reason to keep it so high! The price of gas is cutting into my booze money!

The bad trailer was by the American publisher wink_o.gif

The bad trailer was cut & pasted by the American publisher..

The US forces trailer made by BIS is ok, they also made a pretty good one for opf:e (xbox),

here he is!

There is something cool about that trailer, maybe its just me..

Great work but I really hate it when music replaces the original sound. The original sounds really gives trailers an edge to it, atleast the explosions. The aircraft, gunfire and explosions should be in there. Without it, it's just a music video.

Edit: The footage is really awesome though.

Quite the opposite in my opinion. Sounds in ArmA may be the worst aspect of the game. Hopefully G85/JAM can come to the rescue.

Great video in any case!

I assume this video is made from some beta US version of ArmA, because of those A-10s. But has anyone noticed those beautiful tracers? No more laser-like-tracers??? yay.gif

Loved the vid. Best seen to date, But I am rapidly getting tired of having to still be waiting for a U.S. release version.

I loved the vid, I also did a couple of remixes faturing the Mad world song (Fits damned well) and a Mounrful, Celtic tune by Leahy, of course, they were for my own entertainment

Yes! I noticed those tracers too!

2:50 - 3:06 on the Youtube Vid - Where the A10 is making its run on the t72's. Most noticable at 2:57 - 3:06

Are they just shortened versions of the current tracers or something? They look alot better

Tracers look about the same to me.. confused_o.gif

I mean the point where tanks are firing anti-air against attacking A-10s. At closeups they look very same. Ok, can't say sure. Maybe they look much shorter in slow-mo. Must wait next patch and see if we have any changes to old...

The tracers are not changed in that vid. When they appear shorter, it's because those sections of the video were recorded at slower speeds and the way the tracers render caused them to look shorter than usual.

If you want to see crazy-awesome tracers, you'll have to wait for an official VBS2 video or something. whistle.gif

Or for BN880 to get orf his leeezy duffer and port those things over!  tounge2.gif

Truely would be sweet.

Watched it again, the rack focus is such a drawing effect, and the rich details in the vehicles come out clearly (esp. the A-10)

*ahem* it took a while to get that... cold medicine and all you know.. If, by chance you have a VBS2 vid, it would be MOST AWESOME if you were to youtube it smile_o.gif

dys,

how are you recording at slower speed? i know there is a time advance, up to "4" and back to normal. but how are you slowing the physical game down to 1/3 or so as you've stated from other recordings? i know IL-2 has this option, but i cant find it in ARMA... config trick or something?