Sign in to follow this  
chammy

Yet another ArmA sound modification

Nice to hear from you, Chammy. thumbs-up.gif Take your time off course. smile_o.gif

Maybe the Beta realease would be welcome, that way, you can have well earned rest while you let the appreciative and positive feedback roll in.

I somewhat agree on that one. A beta release would't hurt at all really.

----

Wise words, -Puma-. smile_o.gif

/signed for the beta

Then maybe listen to the feed back? xmas_o.gif

Chammy, I suggest to make an final version and then some few updates... so after release of version v1.0 you may only fix some minor bugs.

Chammy, I suggest to make an final version and then some few updates... so after release of version v1.0 you may only had to fix some minor bugs.

Whatever you want to do Chammy, in the end it's all good - just don't burn yourself out of enjoying it.

I can't wait to get my grubby mitts on this, even though I'm not able to play much at all this summer.. But I will. biggrin_o.gif

Yeah I am thinking of doing that, like I said, really, when I get to the projcet I only spend about an hour to 2 hours a day on it, and most the time those hours are spent trying to take out little sounds from the samples, playing the sounds in the game, trying to determine which ones fit better and sound better from far away, comparing to others sound files I have, making sure bass isnt too high or too low, making sure levels are correct and arent too low, all that tedious stuff wink_o.gif

quite a long process i see. Good Luck smile_o.gif and God Speed.

Here's an update on the vehicles, please do tell me how might they be thank yall. So far I might need to redo the BDRM and 5T truck. I left all other vehicles alone because they sound just right the way they are.

ArmA Vehicles

hmmm, at most of the vehicle sounds I don't hear any difference to the standard sounds. The shilka sounds like a truck but maybe it's the original sound, I don't know. wink_o.gif

Anyway, nice work on your mod chammy. smile_o.gif

Sounds Perfect if you ask me, no need for change  smile_o.gif lmao at the end.. classical biggrin_o.gif

Is there a comeback in his actual mod of the distance-sounds as we have heard it in the youtube-vid "Armed Assault fire fight 1"

between the 0:13minute and 0:33minutte or is there no comeback in his actual mod?

^Nope... I don't really know though, but I think that was an ambience trigger or something else. The actual ArmA soundengine can't render the sounds like that or can it?

-----------

The tanks sounds a bit "truck'ish" don't they?  

The M1A1 Abrams should sound a bit more like a plane actually, because of it's turbine engine.

Youtube vids "Abrams engine":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....search=

^^Contains shooting, but no gore or graphical content.

Anyway I'm glad your still working on the mod, Chammy. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Well, its not as good as in the fire fight video, but from a distance you can hear the firefights and they sound pretty damn real and scarry thinking you're heading that way.

Honestly I'm not happy with the vehicle sounds after watching you video Chammy.

Particularly the Abrams, Shilka and the Vulcan don't sound realistic.

The vehicle sounds in FDF_Sounds mod are more close to reality. Also the T72 sounds in FDF a lot more... heavy.

I really like your weapon sounds, but you should work on the vehicle sounds more, to make a very good sound mod.

Well the only vehicle sound I've got is from the footage I could find, couldnt find very many, and most has some stupid narrator or annoying music in it. I could use vehicle sounds from some other game, like BF2, but then it wouldnt be "authentic enough, though i could, unless I have to resort to it. I do have one sound for the M1A1 but is too whistly or high pitched but i can use it though. The T72 is deisel, so is the shilka as this one in the video is . Though I couldnt find a motor sound for the Shilka elsewhere.

for the M1A1:

M1A1

ONe of the things too I was aiming for was at least some rumbling in the engines.

BMP: BMP

Honestly I'm not happy with the vehicle sounds after watching you video Chammy.

Particularly the Abrams, Shilka and the Vulcan don't sound realistic.

The vehicle sounds in FDF_Sounds mod are more close to reality. Also the T72 sounds in FDF a lot more... heavy.

I really like your weapon sounds, but you should work on the vehicle sounds more, to make a very good sound mod.

Well even to some, it wont be a very good sound mod, we can't please everyone, yet if they are close I wont bother changing them to satisfy one or 2 people wink_o.gif . But yeah, trying to clean up such sounds from footage that has so much noise and such is very hard and tedious to time consuming also, I guess I can resort to using vehicle sounds from another game.

Hi Chammy, been watching this thread since its creation.

Why not release a gun soundmod first, as a module, and later follow up with a vehicle soundmod?

I honestly didnt like the vehicles sounds at all. And it would be great if i could choose your gunssound only.

Hi Chammy,

I have been watchin this thread for quite some time as well, great stuff. I've tried all the "big" soundpacks and I'm waiting to check yours out too (and make videos with it! ).

I think releasing guns/vehicles seperately would detract from the overall "impression" you would get upon initially using the soundmod, which would make it less "great."

I happily wait for your mod, and would love to hear how "you" think the sounds should be.

smile_o.gif

Just to add a little more confusion to the thread, the M-1 should be 'whistly'. The turbine in it will make it sound somewhat 'whistly'.

Count me in for a 'guns now, vehicles later' vote. Sounds of the engine noise of a lot of the vehicles will be harder to come by and, as a result, will require much more digging to find accurate representations.

Well guys, as the official beta tester of his sounds.

We have made are choice of releasing a beta of the weapon sounds in the first release, and then later patch's include vehicle.

I'm receiving the sounds from him now, and will get to testing, I'm hoping for a soon release of a beta.. so, all i can say is, maybe?

We have made are choice of releasing a beta of the weapon sounds in the first release, and then later patch's include vehicle.

I'm receiving the sounds from him now, and will get to testing, I'm hoping for a soon release of a beta.. so, all i can say is, maybe?

whistle.gif

*refresh*....*refresh*....*refresh*......*refresh*.....*refresh*...*refresh*......*refresh

* ....  biggrin_o.gif

whistle.gif

*refresh*....*refresh*....*refresh*......*refresh*.....*refresh*...*refresh*......*refresh

* .... biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif I second that!

Thanks for the update EvEnLeaSe44.

I think the vehicle sounds are awesome, they sound like the videos, which i take to be realistic, so all you whiners, stop moaning about how the M1 doesn't sound "heavy" enough. It sounds like it does in the video, which is good enough for me.