Sign in to follow this  
Birgrim

Multiplayer browser problem

Hello, this morning I started having weird problems with the in-game multiplayer browser.

1) It takes about 1-2mins to even load into it, whereas before today it did so instantly.

2)It takes another 1 or 2 minutes to start responding, during those 1-2 minutes it is officially frozen whereas before today I had zero problem with it

3)Defaulting to lan, switching it to internet will still list zero game servers, worked fine before today.

Note that I can still add and joinservers using the remote option. I have changed nothing about my configuration, firewall, hardware in the last week. Checked the firewall and it certainly isnt the culprit. Anyone else having trouble with gamespy?

Gamespy doesn't appear to be responding to server list requests right now.

Glad to see its a Gamespy prob, i was going crazy! i was playing earlier till around... 6 pm approx? And now its gone offline...

Fingers crossed it will be back soon smile_o.gif

After resintalling everything because of ArmA crashes, I was really surprised to see that no server were available from the brand new install.

I can say that I'm quiet happy to notice it's not a bug from my PC but it's coming from an external source.

My PC was about to be thrown through the window... whistle.gif

Hi, same here (spain) i was getting bored yesterday playing the

same coop mission by like 4h, a coop with a big TDM component

(the Team Killers) and today i can't see any MP server. I hope that

this be fixed soon, play ArmA in MP is all what i can't do with i until

the editing tools be released, so i can steal some addons to do my

"own" addons for the ArmA players; but don't worry, not any M4's

pack from me, at least... without the editing tools for do some

camoed weapons pack again. Let's C ya

I'm pretty sure it is a Gamespy problem. SWAT4 and Flashpoint all use Gamespy and they have similar problems for me.

Hi

Same problem here in Norway

But you can joine servers if you know its IP. wink_o.gif

same, in Finland, using my home connection. The most interesting part for me is that last night at least, if I opened a vpn connection to my school, located in the same city, the server browser and joining servers worked just fine! Very strange especially since this seems to be a pretty widespread issue, geographically speaking.

Hi all

If as appears to be the case Gamespy is down Post up a list of IPs for servers so people can use that as a stop gap.

I would expect Gamespy to resolve this in the next 24 hours.

Kind Regards walker

Same problem lastnight 3mates where ok no probs but me and another no gamespy at all last tried it at 11.45 still no good but has comeback this morning banghead.gif

It's gone again no MP browser it needs to be sorted very quick other wise there will be a lot of pissed off people about. banghead.gif

Same here been that way since Sunday evening, still not up, hopefully they will rectify this asap. mad_o.gif

[...] The most interesting part for me is that last night at least, if I opened a vpn connection to my school, located in the same city, the server browser and joining servers worked just fine! Very strange especially since this seems to be a pretty widespread issue, geographically speaking.

Same phenomenon here in Berlin with two different machines and routing - still ongoing.

idea: can one of admins pls post a sticky thread that can host a list of server IPs in case this is an ongoing problem ?

sad_o.gif i said a favorites list would be nice. poop !

It started last night for me but early this morning when I checked all was good and it worked perfectly. However I just tried it and once again it hangs on the receiving screen and when the "Network Games On Internet" window finally reveals itself absolutely no servers are shown banghead.gif .. I hope there's a solution to this. help.gif

For those who want to play now but experiencing problems with the gamespy browser, maybe this is a workaround:

http://stats.swec.se:3001/server/list

This list isn't accurate at all to me. Once connected to one of the servers with a few players it turns out to be empty.

confused_o.gif