Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V1.0 Large scale respawn coop

Also quick bug report, not sure if it has been reported....

When you reach the rank of Cpl, you can have your AI pilot the MH-6.

When trying to enter the Stryker M2 as a Cpl, upon being ejected the message that says you don't have rank to use the vehicle states required rank is Lt, not Sgt.

sometimes the punish system eats way more points than 5%

more like 15-25%

why not change it to loose 1 point for each rank (one 1st, two 2nd, three 3rd etc)

and please add some AI dispersion it's really painful getting headshoted in first 1-2 shots thru bushes and trees at 350m

give us time to hit the dirt wink_o.gif

and please add some AI dispersion it's really painful getting headshoted in first 1-2 shots thru bushes and trees at 350m

give us time to hit the dirt wink_o.gif

we fixed them server side for that

edit: it actually is a nice firefight when they all get to firing rounds at you and your "pinned" behind a rock

please do something with penalty to ignore deaths   ...

as when someone ran over you then you loose points ...

repeated TK with vehicle and your score is nonexistant ...

edit:

another problem - seems You can't loot only weapons from enemy now , but not ammo (AK magazines) and hand grenades (weird)...

Dwarden, I just changed the enemy skill level to .27 in the options for my server. They take a little longer to shoot you and are not as accurate but seem to retain the ability to flank and act according to gunfire even if the skill is set at .75. My group loves this mission but hate the non respawn of MH6's back at the base.

Dwarden,  I just changed the enemy skill level to .27 in the options for my server. They take a little longer to shoot you and are not as accurate but seem to retain the ability to flank and act according to gunfire even if the skill is set at .75. My group loves this mission but hate the non respawn of MH6's back at the base.

i know rowdie yet i still think it should be part of mission by default (increased engagement ranges and increased dispersion/less precise aim) ...

released version 1.4e all that is changed is the death penalty for now but its urgent , miscalculation there, Ive been a sargent for 4 hours biggrin_o.gif

@ April 22 2007,04:28)]released version 1.4e all that is changed is the death penalty for now but its urgent , miscalculation there, Ive been a sargent for 4 hours biggrin_o.gif

i've bounced from sgt to lt for the past 2 hours, each death i seem to lose about 10-15 points or sometimes more

well good news (on D version) , no crash in 1 hour ...

In first CSAR mission the reporter started following me straight away. Had one CTD. Everything else, great. smile_o.gif

1.4d runs like a charm .. I just hope you won't start to compile your scripts one day .. since it's nice to be able to give evolution a unique touch as a hoster by being able to modify the script files ....

After the first 5 minutes of playing 1.4d it got clear to me that the penality system was way off balance....

It's good when you can quick and longtest new builds with access to a nice configured server with plenty of dedicated players....

After experiencing one perfect moment after the other for hours I am absolutely happy now the way it is and will give your new penality approach a go tommorow.... Dude, you got me absolutely addicted to this game and mission...     thumbs-up.gif

Oh and by the way .. that mission completion bug didn't appear again ...... strange .....

hmm in E i saw squad of AI rushing to airfield as response to first attack (we failed on entering paraiso) ...

scared the hell out of all smile_o.gif

New issue -

Player 1 connects to server, runs into town, has a score of 0

Player 1 runs into AI and is killed

Player 1 receives death penalty and is now -1

After the "Bannana Phone" song Player 1 is killed for having a negative score

Player 1 is now stuck in a loop of death penatly and getting Bannana Phone'd to death

My wife just got this and was like "wtfbbq?"

Oh and by the way .. that mission completion bug didn't appear again ...... strange .....

I took a water patrol mission and didn't get a waypoint after accepting the mission, no boats spawned... nothing, so I was stuck with no mission but I couldn't accept any others

Penalty system is retarded. I had 38 points with 5 deaths and I died and lost 9 points, which, of course, caused me to go from Sergeant to Corporal. It should only take away one or two points, not 5+.

"After the "Bannana Phone" song Player 1 is killed for having a negative score" - download v1.4e again you cant get a negitive score if its lower then 2. repackaged. Well played for a number of hours and altho there was a bit more dysnc then the previous version the client crash bug seems to be cured for the most part.

Now i have isolated the bug i can try to tune up the dysnc a bit more."no boats spawned" Grip if you figure out how to reproduce it 100% let me know but i think abandoning missions may have somthing to do with it.

insomnianshadow the way it was is way to heavy -1 point is good enough. As in v1.4e. even 5% would be to much. it was mistakenly set to 20% and thats damn near impossibil.

Yesterday 1.4c ran on my server for hours... we were never more than 5 on the server. I can not give you a relevant .rpt file bacause I had the pleasant problem of having no crashes biggrin_o.gif

Now on to 1.4e.

One question: Does the AI in Evolution take the difficulty settings from the server? (I would like to tune them down just a little bit)

First I would like to say KilJoy [sFG] that your mission has excellent demand game play on my Server in Australia.....

Second thing I like to say is be very careful on the direction you are going now..... goodnight.gif

Stricken or penalized a player of its hard work to get where he needs to go could cost you the mission play....

patch 1.4d just did that...were happy with the new updates...like CTD etc....but not happy with death penalty added (5% of your score).

Even with the new patch released Version 1.4e

1. reduced death penalty to universal -1 point. goodnight.gif has lost 50% of players to play the mission.

Mabey excellent in private servers as the rules apply against players but in a public server ppl have issues when someone gets killed by accidental death or other players do it on purpose....

I have designed many missions from OFP to ArmA and to see your mission lose ppl interest would be a shame...

As I said it effect different players in different ways keep up the good work but remember over doing the mission can bring its interests down as quickly it went up biggrin_o.gif

Recommend to design more than just 1 mission...by using same methods but different Towns..reduce the scripts alittle as all missions have their own little special game play biggrin_o.gif

@ April 22 2007,09:16)]"After the "Bannana Phone" song Player 1 is killed for having a negative score" - download v1.4e again you cant get a negitive score if its lower then 2. repackaged. Well played for a number of hours and altho there was a bit more dysnc then the previous version the client crash bug seems to be cured for the most part.

Now i have isolated the bug i can try to tune up the dysnc a bit more."no boats spawned" Grip if you figure out how to reproduce it 100% let me know but i think abandoning missions may have somthing to do with it.

insomnianshadow the way it was is way to heavy -1 point is good enough. As in v1.4e. even 5% would be to much. it was mistakenly set to 20% and thats damn near impossibil.

I just redownloaded 1.4e and didn't run into the Bannana Phone loop after my initial first death with no points on my record yay.gif

However After I died and respawned I went straight to the mission shack and picked up a Water Patrol, After it told me good luck I looked and didn't notice any waypoint. I closed out of the mission window and looked again, on the map as well, and still no waypoint and nothing spawned in the water confused_o.gif

DarkPhantom @ April 22 2007,10:39)]First I would like to say KilJoy [sFG] that your mission has excellent  demand game play on my Server in Australia.....

Second thing I like to say is be very careful on the direction you are going now..... goodnight.gif

Stricken or penalized a player of its hard work to get where he needs to go could cost you the mission play....

patch 1.4d just did that...were happy with the new updates...like CTD etc....but not happy with  death penalty added (5% of your score).

Even with the new patch released Version 1.4e

1. reduced death penalty to universal -1 point. goodnight.gif has lost 50% of players to play the mission.

Mabey excellent in private servers as the rules apply against players but in a public server ppl have issues when someone gets killed by accidental death or other players do it on purpose....

I have designed many missions from OFP to ArmA and to see your mission lose ppl interest would be a shame...

As I said it effect different players in different ways keep up the good work but remember over doing the mission can bring its interests down as quickly it went up  biggrin_o.gif

Recommend to design more than just 1 mission...by using same methods but different Towns..reduce the scripts alittle as all missions have their own little special game play biggrin_o.gif

Possibly a simple solution to this would be add in a selection before the mission starts

24 hour day

1 hour day

24 hour day w/ MH-6 Respawn

1 hour day w/ MH-6 Respawn

24 hour day w/o Death Penalty

1 hour day w/o Death Penalty

24 hour day w/ MH-6 Respawn w/o Death Penalty

1 hour day w/ MH-6 Respawn w/o Death Penalty

Or just post 2 seperate mission downloads, one with and one without the death penatly. But to be honest after playing for quite awhile I found the -1 penatly to not be nearly as bad as the penalty before hand.

Its times like these I wish there were more params. I hate having to mix options like that, its confusing to read and even more confusing to code. If enough people complain about the -1 penelty ill remove it. But i will certinly make it so you dont lose points thro friendly fire. Needs some tuning.

at first i tought it would be nice but now i think it will cause problems, real problems.

If you keep that system i think some people will never be able to pilot a little bird crazy_o.gif

bug: when choppers crash the marker don't appear anymore in the no chopper respawn option. Mission starts to lag alittle after some hours..

edit: but in other hand its nice to have penal by dieing so it encorages people not to die or not rambo (sometimes)

but in other hand its nice to have penal by dieing so it encorages people not to die or not rambo (sometimes)

very true.

please leave in the penalty for dying.

love the mission - it helps prevent bf2ers from stealing all vehicles at start.

and please DO NOT put in the previously proposed 'pilot' option.

thanks, and keep up the great work.

andy.

You should keep the mission small group friendly, at least through parameters.

That's no death penality, vehicule respawning and no ennemy AI respawing in non secure town.

i allwys thought there's somethink missing till it came over me, what are you guys thinking about having Artillery from a certain rank on. i think it could encourage higher ranked ppl to stay on ground on the other hand this might cause lag 'n desync, so i'm not sure if it's worth the "BOOOOM"