Sign in to follow this  
smiley_ie

Catalyst 7.3 final released

P4 3,2 / 1GB / X800XT AIW / WinXP pro / 505 ArmA = leak

D820 / 2GB / X1950pro / Vista 32 RC2 / Czech ArmA = no leak

After installing Catalyst 7.3 and 5 mins of playing in the editor a peak of 12158 handles sad_o.gif

E6700

Asus P5B Deluxe AP WiFi

4gb DDR2

ASUS 1950Pro 256mb

Windows XP Pro 32bit SP2

gosh, its nothing, i have 9400+ at start up(5 min after start up). without running any game.

After installing Catalyst 7.3 and 5 mins of playing in the editor a peak of 12158 handles sad_o.gif

E6700

Asus P5B Deluxe AP WiFi

4gb DDR2

ASUS 1950Pro 256mb

Windows XP Pro 32bit SP2

gosh, its nothing, i have 9400+ at start up(5 min after start up). without running any game.

You need to check the arma.exe handle count.

Task Manager - View - Select Columns - "check" Handle Count

does anyone know if ATi/AMD are aware that 7.3 does not fix the issue? especially for one of their flagship cards the 1950x?

Yes, they are aware of that. The development cycle is quite long for them and it often takes several months between the bug is reported, than identified, fixed, passes through QA and finally is released.

I missed out some important info

E6300 no OC/2Gig DDR400/MB:4core-dual-VSTA/WinXP Pro SP2

XFi Gamer/ Sapphire X1950Pro AGP 512MB/ 505 Arma patched 1.05

Cat 7.3 leaking

Cat 6.7 not leaking (using X1900 series driver)

It seems, as plaintiff1 pointed out already, that XP, INTEL, and ATI is not working with 7.3

Did anyone try pre1.05 with the above combo?

like many others, my handle count went to 11000 after only 5 minutes of playing a mission after installing 7.3. the FPS was 5 -10 in the city. The beta version of 7.3 were much better. The handle count stayed at around 6000. Anyone know why this is??

Anyway, I installed drivers 6.7 for my X1650 pro and the handle count never exceeded 400. FPS was between 15 -20 in the city. There you go!!! Problem solved.

For those of you with X1950 Pro, why don't you try 6.7 but install them for the X1900 series instead. It seems to work!

For those of you with X1950 Pro, why don't you try 6.7 but install them for the X1900 series instead. It seems to work!

Does it just seem so or was it already proven by someone? Friends of mine are really irritated (nicely verbalised) with their X1950Pros (AGP). The bigger the battle, the more quirks they encounter. My 6800GT has similar problems under certain conditions, especially after jumping from server to server. A restart is sometimes the one and only solution that helps. More often than not, the whole system needs a restart.

However, i'm hardened since OFP. I take it sportsmanlike, as it does not affect all the games i made until now wink_o.gif But members with ATIs often feel very p****d after ten minutes or so, so any help or hint would be appreciated. So i desperately hope that driver will work properly - for them and our clan-wide relationship to ArmA.

The affected systems are 64BIT Athlons @3200, running WindowsXP Prof (SP2 with latest hotfixes), equipped with ATIs Radeon X1950Pro. Afaik their driver is that 7.3b.

The bad news is, every other game is running very well, without any tic. Just Smooth. biggrin_o.gif

Does it just seem so or was it already proven by someone?

A few people have said the 6.7 worked well with their X1950. Ask Android (3 post above). He has an X1950 working with 6.7 drivers.

hi,

i am a little bit confused. In my german version of xp home I have in the task manager 3 things in my laptop internet-only:

handles 4689

threads 278

processes 23

Someone in this forum have 250 handles. I have 4689 handles under windows on my performance optimizes 3 years old Lifebook (only for internet).

On my gaming pc (xp home, 1950XT AGP, x2 4200+) the handle count grows to 6900 after few minutes on empty Rhamadi.

sry for the english, not my first language.

Greez from germany

A few people have said the 6.7 worked well with their X1950. Ask Android (3 post above). He has an X1950 working with 6.7 drivers.

Sry, my fault. Damn ignorance biggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Who said it worked?  I cant get 6.7 to be accepted on my system.  It cant recognise the 1950Pro!

Who said it worked?  I cant get 6.7 to be accepted on my system.  It cant recognise the 1950Pro!

u need modify .inf file to include x1950 pro IDs

problem is that in newer drivers there are other fixes missing from 6.7 ...

"Cannot create system memory surface: 8007000e"

God i'm so sick of this, i got this message before 7.3 drivers, but nowhere near as often, once per hour, if that. only problem was the "blurred" low res textures that appeared(which still made the game unplayable, its impossible to enjoy a game in that condition)

but now with 7.3, not only am i still getting the graphical issue, i'm getting the crash to desktop with that "cannot creat system memory" bs..within 10 minutes of starting the game!.

for this one try use  -maxmem=1023 (it should work up to 2047 but over 1023 i get either CTD or same crash like You even with 2 or 3 GB memory)

if You already use smaller value then try drop it e.g. to half etc ...

Ive tried this, done nothing to my game, still getting the screwed up graphics and "cannot create memory" crash...

u need modify .inf file to include x1950 pro IDs

problem is that in newer drivers there are other fixes missing from 6.7 ...

Hmm, interesting.. could anyone give me a quick tut on how to do this? I'd like to try the cat 6.7... as im getting the leak on my X1950

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hmm, interesting.. could anyone give me a quick tut on how to do this? I'd like to try the cat 6.7... as im getting the leak on my X1950

Yeah I'd like to know how too. If someone cant explain how to edit this i'd appreciate it!

I tried the 7.3s just now left the intro run for a few mins & played multiplayer for about 15 mins = Handles didnt go above 294.

Amd 4600 x 2

3 gig

x1950xtx 512

7.3 drivers

Xp home sp2

German ver ArmA

Thick-skulled as I am, how do I check my handlingcount?

no changes for me

the game always crashes after 20/30 minutes, both with 7.3 than with previous versions banghead.gif

WE NEED A 1.06 PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIS is not responisble for the ATI driver leak. You need 7.4, not 1.06 wink_o.gif

or 7.5 or 7.6 or 7.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Bis did not test the game with ATI cards or they knew ?

who is responsible ?

It was necessary to sell the game while preventing "only for Nvidia cards".

Bis did not test the game with  ATI cards or they knew ?

who is responsible ?

It was necessary to sell the game while preventing "only for Nvidia cards".

dont wory nVidia cards have problems too, specialy 8800, look like  problem not in game , look like drivers not tuned for latest video cards. however i do notr have problems with Arma running in highest setings and 1600 x 1200 resolution.

can advice few thing, if u planning play company game (not multiplayer) u better stick with 1.04 version of game, its more stable, by some reason. if u do play multiplayer , u can try in task manager "end process" for explorer.exe, in some cases helps, when u finish with Arma, just reload.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=60531

BIS is not responisble for the ATI driver leak.  You need 7.4, not 1.06 wink_o.gif

lloooll

ArmA has LOT of problems with Ati cards, Nvidia cards, all the cards of the universe

I think that the game code is very very very far to be optimized... the video cards drivers are only a drop in the sea

true, we need ati 7.4 or 7.5 or 7.6 drivers, but sure also 1.06, 1.07, 1.08 ArmA patches... and quickly please: i have paid, I WANT TO PLAY!!