Sign in to follow this  
smiley_ie

Catalyst 7.3 final released

Hi Ati-Users,

Catalyst 7.3 is finally released. Directlink to WinXP 32bit version.

If you're running Vista or XP64, choose the approriate version here.

Didnt have the time to test it yet, so lets hope it will give us bit more frames.

Cya

topics merged ...

anyway for these who already got ASUS 7.3 drivers

discussion related to them http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=60354

ASUS 7.3 = 8.351

ati3duag.dll 6.14.10.487

ati2dvag.dll 6.14.10.6677

ati2mtag.sys 6.14.10.6677

atioglxx.dll 6.14.10.6388

ATI 7.3 = 8.351

ati3duag.dll 6.14.10.487

ati2dvag.dll 6.14.10.6677

ati2mtag.sys 6.14.10.6677

atioglxx.dll 6.14.10.6388

driver wise they identical, difference are only in .inf files (more resolutions supported etc) and some additional libraries (still worth to install) ...

compared to ASUS release CCC (which i don't use) is way less crashing ...

p.s. to these who bug me about how i knew release date ... magic  whistle.gif

I have an X1950 Pro and the ATI 7.3 drivers have fixed the handle leak mentioned in the locked topic above for me.

So far ArmA is still a memory hog (600-700+ megs of just selecting random positions around Sahrani) but the handles did not gradually go up, and though I did sometimes have only about 10 megs of free memory at times, it didn't excessively use the pagefile.

I have an X1950 Pro and the ATI 7.3 drivers have fixed the handle leak mentioned in the locked topic above for me.

So far ArmA is still a memory hog (600-700+ megs of just selecting random positions around Sahrani) but the handles did not gradually go up, and though I did sometimes have only about 10 megs of free memory at times, it didn't excessively use the pagefile.

really ?

what's Your handles count after several hours ArmA.exe run ?

as for me it's still way high ...

topics merged ...

Thx Dwarden for merging, I was a bit too slow to finish my post.

Wanted to mention, the setup of the driver seems a bit buggy. Tried two times with the same result. I chose "Custom Setup" during the setup-process... right after clicking next, the setup (of the driver) crashed. All other parts (CCC, WDM) installed fine though. But after reboot there was no driver installed. banghead.gif

The third install i tried with express-mode, which i usually never do, cause i wanna choose what to install. Everthing went fine.

Just be warned, if you try custom-mode, it might happen that the setup crashes.  crazy_o.gif

P.S.: Before installing 7.3, I uninstalled 7.2 using good old cat-uninstaller, so driver relicts can't be the reason for the crash.

Edit:

Concerning Handle count, just gave it a short test with the convoy mission. Handles were constant at a value of 264. After dying an restarting, the value increased a bit, but not drastically. Though i just played about 10 mins, so i dont know if the problem can already be realized at such a short time. Nevertheless i never really had problems with older drivers, no slow down in performance or even missing textures. Only had that once in mp game after entering the mission. But after the textures were loaded (1-2 secs), everything was fine.

really ?

what's Your handles count after several hours ArmA.exe run ?

as for me it's still way high ...

Well I didn't run it for several hours, but I did select a whole bunch of random locations around sahrani in windowed mode which would usually make me run outa ram. Handle count was 7800ish I think.. Can't remember. I'd have to do another test, all I know is it wasn't rising.

Installed CCC fine, but now as soon as I try and run armed assault, I get a dialog box saying "Display adaptor does not support format D24S8 for X8R8G8B8".

Anyone know what on earth it means? And how can I get back in to the game again!

All help greatly appreciated!

Ok, ignore the above post, a couple more reboots and some specially selected swear words and it all seems ok now. banghead.gif

Bloody PC's. I miss my Amiga. biggrin_o.gif

Handles leak bug still exists for me at least...

237 handles with 6.7's, didn't change over half hour.

~2,000 almost instantly with 7.3's, increased to over 11,000 in a couple minutes.

Squeaker, only thing I can think of suggesting is going back to your previous driver.

FW thx for confirm what i see on my config ... sad sad_o.gif

so we STILL have to stick to the old 6.7 drivers!? goddamnit banghead.gif

At least you can. Those with the X1950 series has to settle with every handle-leak driver available.

Which includes me =\ I sure hope its fixed on my end.

Handles leak bug still exists for me at least...

237 handles with 6.7's, didn't change over half hour.

~2,000 almost instantly with 7.3's, increased to over 11,000 in a couple minutes.

Squeaker, only thing I can think of suggesting is going back to your previous driver.

7.3 vista64 with x1900xt and no ccc running.

after one hour it's stayed steady at 288 handles playing assorted SP missions. (sprocket version)

well, i can tell for 100% 7.3 better than 7.2 , with 7.2 sometimes textures of buildings or tanks gets funny for 1/10 of the second, with 7.3 everything looks ok, at least did not have this bug , yet.

Handle problem here too.

No more than 5 minutes into the single mission "Battlefield" and the arma.exe handle count is at 3,000. Played for about 20 minutes and it went just over 10,000.

X1950pro here so I guess I'm stuck with this bug. banghead.gif

Hi all,

I confirm the handle problem with x1950pro & 7.3 & XP. But at least I can go back to 6.7. I installed only the drivers from 6.7 (not CCC) using the Device Manager -> "update driver"-function. Installed X1900 drivers and Ati Tray Tools for control. Works for me. Handle count below 500, if I remember correctly, with 6.7, but with 7.3 it went quickly up to several thousands and after ALT-TABing back to game ARMA crashed.

well, I can report these new drivers work a HELL of a lot better than the old drivers did for me.

i've got an X800 Pro AGP

was getting very poor performance before, aswell as quite bad texture memory corruption - with new drivers ive got an increase in FPS and almost NO texture corruption at all, only for a slight second or so on the odd occasion.

but very happy smile_o.gif i can enjoy the game now. Hopefully the new patch will make performance even better

Hi all,

I confirm the handle problem with x1950pro & 7.3 & XP. But at least I can go back to 6.7. I installed only the drivers from 6.7 (not CCC) using the Device Manager -> "update driver"-function. Installed X1900 drivers and Ati Tray Tools for control. Works for me. Handle count below 500, if I remember correctly, with 6.7, but with 7.3 it went quickly up to several thousands and after ALT-TABing back to game ARMA crashed.

how can you be running driver 6.7 for an x1950?? I thought new cards could not run with old drivers.

I tried installing 6.7 manually but the list of graphic cards did not inlude x1650 pro?

Quote[/b] ]how can you be running driver 6.7 for an x1950?? I thought new cards could not run with old drivers.

I tried installing 6.7 manually but the list of graphic cards did not inlude x1650 pro?

Well, I'm not an expert, but I read somewhere (on the net) that the driver for X1900 could be compatible with X1950 and so it was. I dont do other games at the moment smile_o.gif so cannot comment about those, but for ARMA it works. For x1650pro I dont know the solution. X1600??

i'll try it tonight. Worth a go, since 7.3 doesn't look like the solution.

How can ATI not make any reference to ARMA in the release notes to 7.3. Its a joke!

Hi guys,

i can't confirm the handle leak. Tested a campaign mission in windowed mode, task manager always on top, played 18 minutes as commander of more than 12 AIs, AI fights were going on. Handle count stayed constant at a value of 264. Dont have a clue whats different with my system whistle.gif, but i dont wanna complain about it  biggrin_o.gif.

Can make some screenshot of it later on, if someone wants a "proof".

Cya

JFK

on what system and with what videocard ...

so far everyone who still have this leak in 7.3 said they got

Windows XP and GPU from serie x1950 / maybe 1650 too ...

btw. after 1.5hr of MP game turns into unplayable mess (after handles get over 10k)

JFK

on what system and with what videocard ...

/me reads JFK's sig...... goodnight.gif