Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA

Minimum range is set to 500m, so your SAM will not fire at all if your targets at closer than 100m, move the helis 2km away and make sure the SAM has a clear line of sight with them.

Quick question Mandoble, im doing a mission atm which involves shilka's using your sam scripts, there is a nice big tower near the mission area which gives a good sight for a sniper etc. Thing is, when i climb the tower the SAM locks me up and fires (i.e get the radar lock warning) then fires a missile, it misses and then goes back to not noticing me...

Any ideas?

will check that. Do you mean a big brick tower?

Actually its the big radio mast on Porto, West of the island.

Hmm, seems that if I slow time down (setAccTime) a missile will lose its target and shoot off course.

I've done some tests with setAccTime 0.1; and all were direct hits.

Do the following:

- Open mando_sams2.Intro in the editor.

- Open mando_sams2.Intro\mando_missiles\mcc\mando_missilecenterdlg.sqf

- Inside mando_missilecenterdlg.sqf, look for <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_missileparams execVM mando_missile_path+"mando_missile.sqf";

- And just above that line add

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">setAccTime 0.1;

Now get into the Stryker closer to the player as gunner, activate the Hawk console and the weapon camera, select a target and fire.

I have a question for you Mandoble, I want to put this into a mission of mine, but let me tell you. The amount of things in it is kinda rough to understand. I don't know a whole much about scripting or anything, but how can I configure all of this the easiest way possible and get just about all the features available from it I can. I have read all the readmes I could to try to understand it, but I just can't seem to get my head around it. confused_o.gif

Guess it is because you have put so much into your readmes it is just too much for me to understand. Never seen ANY readmes like yours. notworthy.gif

Also, I should note that I am using the script versions, so that others can join the game and not have to worry about downloading an addon.

Thanks

@thegunnysgt,

I was in your position about 3 weeks ago and I had done NO scripting / mission editing before. Mandobles missile and bomb addon got me into making missions! What I did was to open up all the example missions that Mandoble had made and see what the init, description and mission files all needed then put them into my missions.

Check out my mission in USER MISSIONS on the forums as this has mando bombs and missiles in it (called SABOTAGE)

Thanks again Mandoble.

[TAO] Kremator

Thegunnysgt, to use mando missile you dont need to have any scripting knowledge, you only need to know how to execute already existing scripts with execVM command. What might scare you is the ammount of parameters that some of the scripts use, which is also what makes them so flexible (you may create an Amraam, a torpedo, a ICBM, a cruise missile, a guided smokeless bomb, an antimissile missile, anti-radar, etc, just modifying the firing parameters).

The current online help is mostly focused in parameter description, to explain the meaning of each parameter of each script to give you an idea of what you can achieve in your implementations.

Kremator's tip is the best one, check the demo missions, copy paste what you see in the init.sqf or init fields of the unit to your mission, and then play with the parameters at will.

If you need more help, try to describe here what is what you are trying to do (or achieve) in your mission or missions. Using this is easier than what you think wink_o.gif

hi Mandoble, does it exits in your scripts suit a ground-air missile that follows the target ? ( something like behind enemy lines movie SAMs, so you have to maneuver to avoid it , and it turns and keeps folllowing you) it would add a lot of atmosphere to plane missions . Or could be done something like that in Arma , if anyone can do it , that's you for sure thumbs-up.gif

hi  Mandoble, does it exits in your scripts suit an groun-air missile that follows the target ? ( something like behind enemy lines movie SAMs, so you have to maneuver to avoid it , and it turns and keeps folllowing you) it would add a lot of atmosphere to  plane missions . Or could be done something like that in Arma , if anyone can do it , that's you for sure  thumbs-up.gif

in test / demo mission You can define the turn rate, relocking and so on ...

in short You can easily set missile which if miss then it re-tries

imho there should be no problem to create e.g. Python-5 like missile (all angle, if miss it keeps retrying till hit or out of fuel)

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons....n5.html

Yes, just like Dwarden said. You may define a poor turn rate (as low as you want, try with 5 degrees per sec), and scans arcs of 181 degrees (vertical and horizontal), a proximity detonation range of 1m and an endurance of 2 mins. You will have a missile pursuing your all the time and you will be able to outmaneouver it all the time too.

You may also define it highly maneouverable but also with high tendency to follow flares or chaff. The missile will go through the flares cloud and then it will readquire you and keep the pursuing even turning 180 degrees.

Okay, I'll give them a look at. I want to try to incorporate them into an Evolution I'm editing for me clan.

Kaio Nimitz with some added toys:

init.sqf setup:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// Mando missile initialization

[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

Sleep 1;

// Mando gun initialization

[]execVM"mando_gun\mando_guncheck.sqf";

[]execVM"mando_gun\mando_guneffects.sqf";

Sleep 1;

// USS Nimitz named ship1 setup

if (isServer) then

{

// Automatic systems

// Simulated phalanx (Antiair - antimissile)

[ship1, 3, ["Air"], 200, 100, 2500, 1000, 17, 20, [0.6,0.6], 4, true, "", "B_23mm_AA", [20,115,10], 1.5, [90,60], 0,[east,

sideEnemy], true, true, false, "","", "mando_gun"]execVM"mando_gun\mando_gunattacker.sqf";

Sleep 1;

[ship1, 3, ["Air"], 200, 100, 2500, 1000, 17, 20, [0.6,0.6], 4, true, "", "B_23mm_AA", [-35,-145,6], 1.5, [160,-100], 0,[east,

sideEnemy], true, true, false, "","", "mando_gun"]execVM"mando_gun\mando_gunattacker.sqf";

Sleep 1;

[ship1, 3, ["Air"], 200, 100, 2500, 1000, 17, 20, [0.6,0.6], 4, true, "", "B_23mm_AA", [30,-160,5], 1.5, [160,100], 0,[east,

Sleep 1;

// 24 Seasparrow (Antiair - antimissile)

[ship1, 3, ["Air"], 24, 1000, 6000, 6, [35,100,12], [180, 60], 0, [east,sideEnemy], true, false, true, false, 25]

exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_seasparrow.sqs";

Sleep 1;

[ship1, 3, ["Air"], 24, 1000, 6000, 6, [-35,90,12], [180, -60], 0, [east,sideEnemy], true, false, true, false, 25]

Sleep 1;

[ship1, 3, ["Air"], 24, 1000, 6000, 6, [-35,-147,6], [170, -90], 0, [east,sideEnemy], true, false, true, false, 25]

};

For some reason, that ship returns a position with a Z over ground > 1.8m, which confuses current version of MMA 2.3 (being near 2m over ground it is considered air launcher, and launch positions are switched firing from left wing pilot <-> right wing pilon). Hope Kaio fix this issue. Meanwhile, and if you are using the script suite, open mando_missiles\units\mando_missileattacker.sqf, look for:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

if ((abs(_firingpos select 0) > 0) && ((_posdisp select 2) > 1.5)) then

{

_firingPos set [0, -(_firingpos select 0)];

};

and change by:

if ((abs(_firingpos select 0) > 0) && ((_posdisp select 2) > 3)) then

{

_firingPos set [0, -(_firingpos select 0)];

};

to Mandoble

can u give some help?

im try this

and have 1q?

how make that in a combat mode all attacking helis and the planes shot flares by auto (on 2 at regular intervals) and bloked packet flare's launch on start thermal head missile(like strela and stinger)?

Execute this server side to make a unit drop a pack of flares or chaff.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[launcher, type]exec"mando_missiles\mando_chaffflares.sqs";

launcher: the unit that launch chaff or flares.

type: 0 - Chaff, 1 - Flares

To provide automatic selfprotection:

mando_missileecm.sqf

This automatic protection is against mando missiles. If you want to use it against any fired missile, check the missile replacement demo mission for stock arma missile replacement.

Quote[/b] ]Execute this server side to make a unit drop a pack of flares

no no no

not packet flares launch/// sorry my engliz

instead of flares countermeasures on every incoming missiles- IR-head missiles do not have radar-then i dont want countermeasures on every incomung..//// i want countermeasures on timer(two flares every 30 sec in combat zone(or "combat" behaviour)-then at air(helis or planes) and anti-air (strela or stinger) will have equal chances both on hit and on evasion)....

then whether there is - opportunity to auto flares launch - till two every 30 seconds without dependence on incomung missiles?

Well, this is what I've told you:

To drop flares at will at any time, with or without missile:

[launcher, type]exec"mando_missiles\mando_chaffflares.sqs";

launcher: the unit that launch chaff or flares.

type: 0 - Chaff, 1 - Flares

Do this each time you want a plane or chopper to drop flares, and execute it only in one machine (preferabily the server).

// Flares every 10 secs for myheli

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

while {alive myheli} do

{

Sleep 10;

[myheli, 1]exec"mando_missiles\mando_chaffflares.sqs";

};

Note that mando missile flares and chaff are effective against mando missiles.

The other code is for automatic launch of flares when a mando missile is incoming.

Hello, me again.

I am understanding your add on now and I got to say that I love it. One issue so far though. I want to make a Stryker TOW be a SAM, but I want to have some actual TOW Strykers in game. But your init code for the SAM Strykers makes all TOW Strykers be SAM Strykers. How can I have both TOW and SAM Strykers.

Thnaks

You always have two options for MCC and for visual launchers, xxxx_by_name.sqf and xxxx_by_type.sqf (check here and here).

If you use the by_type scripts, you provide an array of classes as first argument, and the missile launcher assignment will affect to any vehicle of the indicated classes. If you use by_name.sqf scripts, what you provide is an array of names of specific vehicles.

for example:

This will transform any Stryker_TOW in your game into a deadly MCC launcher.

// Stryker_TOW units will be Hawk launchers for players as gunners (missile idx 0)

_mcctypeaascript = "mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types\mando_missilecontrolon_hawk.sqs";

[["Stryker_TOW"], 8, 8, ["Air"], "Hawk Console", _mcctypeaascript, [0,0,0,2], [0,1,0.25], 1, -1, 0, [], 3]execVM"mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf";

And this will affect only to vehicles named sam1, sam2 and sam3 (note the names must be between quotes).

// Some Stryker_TOW units will be Hawk launchers for players as gunners (missile idx 0)

_mcctypeaascript = "mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types\mando_missilecontrolon_hawk.sqs";

[["sam1","sam2","sam3"], 8, 8, ["Air"], "Hawk Console", _mcctypeaascript, [0,0,0,2], [0,1,0.25], 1, -1, 0, [], 3]execVM"mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf";

EDIT:

Note the above scripts are to enable them as missile launchers for players, for AI mando_missileattacker.sqf and all the already customized templates use the vehicle name directly and without quotes.

For example:

if (isServer) then

{

// Stryker sam1

_disp = sam1;

_posunit = 1;

_ttype = ["Air"];

_quantity = 12;

_minrange = 500;

_maxrange = 3000;

_rof = 6;

_pos = [0,-1,0, 2];

_scan = 360;

_mink = 0;

_enemies = [east,sideEnemy];

_antimissile = false;

_fixed_firing_direction = false;

_initially_active = true;

[_disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, _antimissile, _fixed_firing_direction, _initially_active, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_hawk.sqs";

In the above example, mando_hawk.sqs is just an "easy to use" template (you may create as many of them as needed with your own launcher parameters to customize many types of AI missile launchers) that internally executes mando_missileattacker.sqf to transform sam1 vehicle into an AI missile launcher.

For the AI controlled launchers, is it possible to make it where it detects it by type instead of typing in the names for the vehicles. Just wondering if there is a faster way to cut down the amount typing if you had alot of AA units in your mission.

Also, for some odd reason, I can play your demo missions just fine, but can't seem to get any vehicles in a mission created by me to work. I am using the addons and I had put in the init file one of the lines above and the vehicle was a Stryker TOW, but it didn't work.

I've also ready a few of your posts about the flares, and I am going to use the missile replacement, how can AI automatically launch flares, but when it is a player, the player has to do it manually? I want this to be capable for planes and vehicles if possible and made available via the action menu.

I noticed in your demo missions that you have warning that there was an incoming missile, is that automatically done in your addon. Is that also capable for planes and vehicles?

One last question. Can enemy forces shoot down missiles and if so what do I need to do to make that happen. Can a player shoot down missiles, with say the Vulcan?

Thanks for the help btw.