Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA

<span style='color:blue'>Here</span> You will find a new demo mission attachment ( mando_bombs_airsadarm.Intro.zip) with a new combination of mando missiles and mando bombs, Harriers with 4 AA missiles (Air mode) and 8 SADARM like bombs for players (AG mode).

Another MMA 2.35 preview,

It works in semi-auto (you need to keep the target or target position locked on) or manual (TV manual guidance) modes.

You may also switch between local acquisition (potential targets detected by the camera, engine-on vehicles/ships) or remote acquisition (showing targets marked by others, like laser designators).

The example shows a single system attached to the gunner position of a Su34, while the system may also be assigned to pilots or drivers. In that last case the plane keeps leveled while the pilot operates in camera mode.

Mandoble,

Thats looks brilliant! Will that system only be available to the gunner position only or will pilot be able to access it (if alone in cockpit)

Looking foward to riding the camera to target in a controlled fashion smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

wow Ive been waiting for a missile cam system like that in arma thanks mando looks fantastic

New Mando TV system applied for Pirate IRST (EF2000 Sidewinders) and Litening III targeting pod (AGM65 or GBUs).

Mandoble,

With all these teasers you are killing me !!!

Seriously, it's looking very good. Can't wait.

[TAO] Kremator

Gnat @ Oct. 13 2008,02:19)]Very Nice !!

Next is the IRST of your Flanker wink_o.gif

Mandoble,

This looks great. Is it going to be possible to have remote targets available for the RC camera to see as well? I can imagine a situation where a spec ops designates a target to be demolished quickly without the need for the RC controller to 'find' that target - perhaps a way to switch between GROUND and REMOTE on the RC?

[TAO] Kremator

PS Have I said ... can't wait yet ? smile_o.gif

Yes,

you will notice that at some point the mode is switched from local to remote and a new set of targets is displayed in white, few seconds later the Su fires a missile against a fortress (which was marked as remote target).

So you may have an infantry laser operator and the camera controller will see that laser marker displayed in the camera too if it is working on remote mode.

Did anybody pack your scripts Mandoble into an addon that can be used with all missions?

(Or at least some of the scripts. like arty, air strike...)

So you may have an infantry laser operator and the camera controller will see that laser marker displayed in the camera too if it is working on remote mode.

Mandoble,

This is fantastic. I know that you have made it possible to use the TV camera mode to direct the missile to target but would be it possible to have another little window for normal missiles to have a TV window (to watch it ingress to target)?

[TAO] Kremator

@Kroky - these scripts should be built into EVERY mission - they are with me smile_o.gif

Kremator, I understand that these scripts should be built into every mission....but this is a lot work. I prefer addons that enhance gameplay without fiddling around with the mission itself. That's why I asked if there is an addon version of Mandobles scripts. Even if there are only basic scripts packed.

Maybe Mandoble, you can answer?

You have mando missile in two flavours, addon and script suite (the download pack gives you both). If you use the script suite, then yes, you need to copy these scripts into every mission, if you use the addon, then obviously you dont.

So Kremator what you want there is a camera attached to the missile but without having control of the missile guidance, right?

Yes Mandoble. It would make it just a fun thing to see as you watch your missile go to target. You don't have to put it in but I think it would add some more excitement smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

aah, ok I see Mando Missiles are in addon form....

But I would prefer to have Mando bombs and air support as an addon..:( Maybe you will make Mando bombs in two flavours too?

What might happen is to have mando bombs included into mando missiles, same for mando gun.

Mando Bombs is actually a "light" packet compared with Mando Missile, probably not worth to have as a separate addon.

that looks amazing reminds me of falcon 4. I hope that I can attach this system to helicopters as well....

also will I be able to add Bombs to it so i can scan for the target lock on a fire a bomb and watch the impact.

brilliant work.

Yes, you can attach the system to helicopters, vehicles, planes, ships ...

You can also use default vehicle weapons (which are automatically controlled by mando missile when fired, as with the Mavericks of the Typhoon and Ch.29 of the Su34B) or you may add "virtual" missiles as with the Siderwinders of the Typhoon and R73 of the Su34B. You may also add several systems to the same unit, you may also define for each system missile characteristics and camera characteristics, as angle limits, operational modes available, etc. Of course you may use the system also for LGBs and you may also mark remote targets for other units with the camera working in AG mode.

And also, if you are not the pilot, you may use the camera reference mark to guide the pilot as with the air support console reco plane.

BTW, I've just tested the IRST/AIM9 of the Typhoon against 4 Su34 and all of them were destroyed in less than 6 seconds (now you dont need to click fire button to fire, you may just lock on with left click and fire with right click) tounge2.gif

Ahhh RMB click to fire! Sounds great.

[TAO] Kremator

PS I used to play Falcon4 a LOT as well !

would it be possible to link mando gun into this system as well. If this is the case we can put it on the c-130 addon and simulate the weapons on that.

sorry if this is a bit much to ask just thought it was a good idea

people have been wanting to simulate the c130 spectre system and i think this would be the best way  to do it.

heres the addon im talking about if anybody wants it

http://www.dhd.co.nz/files/usec_c130_v0.2.rar

ps kremator

With mando missiles we will recreate falcon4 in arma one day :-)

Now that we have lock capability I would hope that this wouldn't be too much of a problem (but then again I'm a scripting n00b !wink_o.gif

I too would love to see a proper 'gun'ship smile_o.gif

All we would need is three firing tabs (one for the heavy bofors, one for medium, one for light - like in CoD4 !!!!!!!!!wink_o.gif Now that WOULD be the dog's danglies.

What do you think Mandoble?

[TAO] Kremator

ps kremator

With mando missiles we will recreate falcon4 in arma one day :-)

It could probably be done now. I'm thinking about the MERLIN system or RTE where one player is the DM. The DM could then 'react' to what the aircraft are doing an put up defenses / threats to counter it.

Perhaps we can look into that when MM2.35 comes out smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

What do you think Mandoble?

Attaching A mando gun to A camera is quite easy, but not several or many mando guns to a single locking on camera.