Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA

Excellent! Do you think you would be able to put it into this next release?

Is it not possible to 'jump out of camera' to select a different weapon, then 'jump back in again' to fire that weapon but still use the camera to lock ? If not then don't worry - was just trying to get it close to the C130 Spectre.

[TAO] Kremator

Yes, this is possible, as said you may attach many cameras to the same vehicle and position inside vehicle (driver, gunner, commander), each camera controlling A SINGLE weapon system. So you may close a camera and switch on anoter, or the pilot of a plane may operate a camera while the gunner operates a different one.

Not sure if this will be included in mma 2.35. Mando gun is planed to be incorporated to mma 2.4, not mma 2.35. Perhaps it might be included just as a beta inside 2.35.

A beta version would be super (and would prolly keep me and colligpip quiet for ummm ... a little while !wink_o.gif

Having multiple cameras on a vehicle sounds just brilliant.

Cheers Mandoble.  It truly is 'ask and it shall be provided' !

[TAO] Kremator

Here is a chopper example:

Is the gun on the helo actually pointing at the target? Is the gun rotating as it fires?

No, this is in fact a scripted mando gun, the chopper turret is not animated (as it is under player's control).

EDIT:

But if there is a way to animate turrets, just tell me wink_o.gif

No, this is in fact a scripted mando gun, the chopper turret is not animated (as it is under player's control).

EDIT:

But if there is a way to animate turrets, just tell me  wink_o.gif

Hah I wish I knew, great stuff Mando.

I'm not that bothered if i don't see an animated turret. If I'm that close to the angry end of the barrel I don't think I'll have a lot of time to say 'that barrel isn't rotating' before I die !

The video looks brilliant Mandoble. Hurrah !

[TAO] Kremator

yeah we dont care if the barrel wont rotate inline with the mando gun... I have been waiting for a camera system like this in Arma since the game came out.

Mandoble,

Just been watching the video again and I wonder is it possible to have the helicopter autosteer to the centre circle while you concentrate on firing ? (like repositioning the RC) This would be excellent if it were true !

[TAO] Kremator

This is what it does when you are not the pilot, it commands the driver to move there. But if the driver is already performing some evasive maneouver he will ignore (postpone) that command until the evasive action is finished (ArmA behaviour).

So if I am the pilot (and I don't have a gunner), it will allow me to aim while I (subconsciously I suppose) fly the helicopter ?

SUPERB !

[TAO] Kremator

PS is the release close(ish) ?

No, if you are the pilot, while in camera mode the plane or chopper will keep its current speed and altitude. If you are the gunner or commander, you may use the camera to tell the driver where to go (this may be used also for land vehicles and ships).

There will be an open beta available today.

Update Oct 16 2008

<span style='color:blue'>NEW MMA 2.35 open beta</span>

Attached to the first post you will find AH1W_MMA235.Intro.zip, which is a small beta test mission of MMA 2.35B. Do not mirror, do not include it into any addon and use it only for testing purposes as MMA 2.35 is already quite close to be public.

WOOHOO !!!  Downloaded and about to use it.  

[TAO] Kremator

EDIT.... some feedback.  

1)Feels very smooth even though its a beta !

2)When engaging an aircraft with IRST but aircraft exceeds nosecone limits the camera defaults to looking in the air and cannot be moved further (have to exit camera and start IRST again)

3)The ground gun cam is firing a little low (needs to be up about a meter) as most rounds hit the dirt just before the target.

4)LOVING the LOBL on the hellfires - excellent

5)Pilot will still fly his set pattern until all enemies are cleared.  Then he responds to waypoints.  Would be nice to give him direct orders and not wait for him to decide when to move smile_o.gif

6)I am able to spam the ground gun(or air gun) like crazy if I wish meaning that the poor targets have no chance. Would be good to limit firing.

woo thanks mando this is fantastic

I tried to add the cam to the 0, pilot position ( so i can fly and use the cams )but when i select hellfire lock on mode I cant get any hellfires to fire. Manual mode works ok just semi auto ( i get the out of ammo tone). I noticed in the init there was 0,0 defined for ammo so I changed this but it still didnt work, perhaps i am doing something wrong.

also can I reload the mando gun with a normal ammo truck? didnt seem to work. I had them set up to load mando missiles is it the same?

Apart from that all seemed to work well I love it, next I want to add it to fire LGB from planes ( aggh i have to go to work)

Ok this is looking good !

I have been trying to mount the ground gun onto a UH60MG and it works well EXCEPT that the camera is pointing forwards (and not limited by the normal amounts that you would find on a UH60MG.  Where can I edit the limits Mandoble, so that the gun camera points in the right direction and from the correct starting position (ie on the side of the UH60?

Thanks in advance.

[TAO] Kremator

PS If I get this to work then I'll try with the C130 to make a spectre !

Kremator:

- The camera limits are still on the work, so far you can play only with limits starting from the nose of the vehicle. This also affecs the problem you found with the IRST camera.

- You may try to increase the player's rank there to make sure the AI chopper driver is not the group leader, probably this way he will attend to orders better.

- About the gun, mando gun lite is still quite beta, I will try to aim 1m above target's level, while it should be compensated with current bullet dispersion level.

Colligpip:

- Gun is planned to be re-loaded as normal mando missiles with the same reloading scripts, they should work, anyway I'll test this later.

- Hellfires in the demo are the BIS hellfires of the chopper, which are owned only by the gunner. The pilot cannot use them, but can order the gunner to fire them. Im testing a workaround for this, and so far it works quite well. Expect it in the next beta. Also if the camera uses BIS unit missiles, number of virtual missiles doesnt count, hence you see there [0,0].

Can I just say that I have had BRILLIANT fun there using these scripts and a GBU Camera.  Works perfectly with vehicles and remote targets smile_o.gif

Off to demolish much more!

[TAO] Kremator

PS the only thing that would be WONDERFUL but probably unworkable is to be the pilot AND to give yourself move orders (and fly to them) with Shift-click smile_o.gif

Expect a GBU example for the next beta which will be out as soon as I optimize the camera limits.

jdam

JDAM test using mando missiles. Onboard targeting of JDAM bombs.

Thanks mando... Love being able to actually see what i've hit for once.

LOL colligpip, you beat me to it ..... was just about to post the SAME kind of thing on youtube based on what I had done !!

[TAO] Kremator

night JDAM

Night time JDAM test using FLIR

LOL Kremator...

show us your bomb cam vids.

we have to get the Spectre c-130 gunship thing working.

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

think I need to position the cam pod a bit higher on the wing :-)