Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA

1 - Yes, but you need to create a loop:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// Any StrykerTOW in the map will become automatic SAM

if (isServer) then

{

{

if (typeOf _x == "Stryker_TOW") then

{

_disp = _x;

_posunit = 1;

_ttype = ["Air"];

_quantity = 12;

_minrange = 500;

_maxrange = 3000;

_rof = 6;

_pos = [0,-1,0, 2];

_scan = 360;

_mink = 0;

_enemies = [east,sideEnemy];

_antimissile = false;

_fixed_firing_direction = false;

_initially_active = true;

[_disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, _antimissile, _fixed_firing_direction, _initially_active, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_hawk.sqs";

Sleep 1;

};

} forEach vehicles;

};

2 - May you copy here what did you put into your init.sqf?

3 - Nope, with current version you must decide if automatic flares or manual flares. But if you use the script suite version you may modify mando_missileecm.sqf to make sure it will not drop anything if the pilot is a player.

4 - Yes, that warning is done by mando missile system. The "Locked ON" warning is only for planes, while it may be available also for ground and sea units with a small change in mando_lockedon.sqf. The missile incoming warning is present only for vehicles with countermeasure systems (manual or automatic).

5 - Correct, mando missiles might be detectable or not, and missile launchers (automatic or player handled) might be anti-missile capable or not. Detectable missiles will be enganged by automatic missile launchers, anti-missile capable, and these missiles will be listed as "missile contact" in player's MCC target lists.

Check the online help for antimissile.

I don't know if it will make any difference, but I am trying to put this into Evolution.

Here is my init file, most of it I took right out of the demo init files. I know it has to be missing something, but I am not sure. And I know probably that some of the code may be a bit wrong.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[] execVM "mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

// Players will be able to reload missiles or countermeasures from any UralReammo or Truck5tReammo truck

[["Truck5tReammo", "UralReammo"], 15]execVM"mando_missiles\units\mando_missilereloadallow.sqf";

[["Truck5tReammo", "UralReammo"], 15]execVM"mando_missiles\units\mando_flaresreloadallow.sqf";

//Any player with a laser designator may transmit remote target info for missile armed units REMOTE-target capable

[] execVM "mando_missiles\units\mando_haveialaser.sqf";

//Missile Replacement

{[this] execVM "mando_actions\setup_ai.sqf"} foreach in list all;

//AA and Tow Cobra

// 8 TOW missiles for the gunner

[["ah1b"], 1, "M197", [0,8], [0,8], 0, 0, "mando_missiles\units\mando_missilevehicle2.sqf", true, false, false, false, [4,0,-2], "mando_missiles\units\keysets\mando_guided_tow.sqf", 5, 5, 2, 0, false, 1]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assignvehicle_by_name.sqf";

// 10 flares and 2 Sidewinder missiles for the driver

[["ah1b"], 0, "", [2,0], [2,0], 10, 10, "mando_missiles\units\mando_missilevehicle2.sqf", false, true, false, false, [3,0,-1.5], "mando_missiles\units\keysets\mando_guided_tow.sqf", 5, 5, 2, 2, false, 1]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assignvehicle_by_name.sqf";

//Stryker SAM

_mcctypeaascript = "mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types\mando_missilecontrolon_patriot.sqs";

[["ssam","ssam_1"], 8, 8, ["Air"], "Patriot Console", _mcctypeaascript, [0,0,0,2], [0,1,0.25], 1, -1, 0, [], 3]execVM"mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf";

//Stryker TOW

_mcctypeaascript = "mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types\mando_missilecontrolon_hawk.sqs";

[["satgm","satgm_1"], 8, 8, ["LandVehicle","RADAR","REMOTE"], "Hawk Console", _mcctypeaascript, [0,0,0,2], [0,1,0.25], 1, -1, 0, [], 3]execVM"mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf";

// Vulcan - 12 AA missiles for gunner

[["Vulcan"], 1, "M168", [12,0], [12,0], 0, 0, "mando_missiles\units\mando_missilevehicle2.sqf", false, true, false, false, [0, 0 ,0, 2]execVM"mando_missiles\units\keysets\mando_genericsam_keys.sqf", 5, 5, 2, 0, true, 1]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf";

With the flares, can I add it to the action menu or whatever for the player to activate the flares? This is what you replied to someone earlier and what I will use for players. Is it correct?

[launcher, 1]exec"mando_missiles\mando_chaffflares.sqs";

What is the difference between chaft and flares, what do each do in your addon. If there is a difference with them.

On another note, not really pertaining to your addon, but is it possible to have something like that line of code executed via action menu. I had tried it once before with no luck, it kept giving me errors.

And this is what I am going to add to the mando_missileecm.sqf file just after the variables. Is it correct?

if (driver _unitecm == player) exitWith {};

For the antimissile, this is what I get from your Naval2 demo as I knew it had antimissile.

[phalanx1, 1, ["Air"], 200, 100, 2500, 1000, 17, 20, [0.6,0.6], 4, true, "M168", "B_23mm_AA", [0,2.5,-0.5], 1.5, [300,0], 0,[east, sideEnemy], true, true, false, "","", "mando_gun"]execVM"mando_gun\mando_gunattacker.sqf";

How can I adapt this for a an SAM Stryker?

Also can a Vulcan shoot down any incoming missile with its main default ArmA gun or does it's main gun? If so how can I, that is if I can, have them be available for the gunner as well as the 12 AA missiles I have in my above init for the Vulcan.

Again thanks. Sorry so many questions. Still learning, and reading. I can understand the easy parts, its just when it comes down to changing the parameters and making new weapon systems, it gets a bit confusing.

Well, yes, your code is a bit wrong:

//Flares

{[this] execVM "mando_actions\setup_ai.sqf"} foreach {typeof "Air" in list all}; <- This forEach is a nonsense, you might try:

{if (_x isKindOf "Air") then {[_x] execVM "mando_actions\setup_ai.sqf"};} foreach {list all};

I understand "all" is a trigger.

About the action to drop flares, yes you may use that way, but there are far better ways as mando_assignvehicle_by_name.sqf or by_type.sqf. Then press left shift to drop flares when you get the warning.

And now:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (driver _unitecm == player) exitWith {}; --->>> <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (isPlayer (driver _unitecm)) exitWith {};

The correct way would not be to exit, but simply to do not react against missiles if the driver is a player.

About antimissile, what you copied there is mando_gun, not mando_missile setup.

if you are looking for antimissile automatic sam:

if (isServer) then

{

// Stryker sam1 (_antimissile parameter set to true)

_disp = sam1;

_posunit = 1;

_ttype = ["Air"];

_quantity = 12;

_minrange = 500;

_maxrange = 3000;

_rof = 6;

_pos = [0,-1,0, 2];

_scan = 360;

_mink = 0;

_enemies = [east,sideEnemy];

_antimissile = true;

[_disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, _antimissile, _fixed_firing_direction, _initially_active, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_hawk.sqs";

Obviously you would need also a detectable missile launcher or a script that launches detectable missiles so that your antimissile fires at them.

How would I make manual controlled units fire on missiles or do they already come with that option. The enemy launchers just have to fire the missiles with the antimissile variable turned on.

Also, what makes a launcher fire detectable missiles? I haven't figured that one out yet.

And can a Vulcan have the ability to fire rockets at planes and the ability to fire it main regular gun at rockets with the assist of the HUD? Or does one have to be in the gunner position and the other for another position?

You must turn the antimissile option on or off. The "enemy" missile launchers should be firing detectable missile in order to intercept them, like in patriot vs scud mission.

About the antimissile gun (mando gun), it is automatic, not manual.

Yeah! Am I correct, or that'll be useful for my airLock PG-7's config smile_o.gif

Great job, man... Mandoble:)

I did a search in this topic but coudnt find any answer.

I have problems with the Launcher ("Vehicle, unit, object or gamelogic that will launch the missile").

If I use anything from any vehicleclass except 'Static' it works just fine, but if I use any unit from 'Static' nothing happens. I can take that unit and change it between f.ex 'DShKM' to whatever unit from another vehicleclass it will work.

If you take your examplemission 'mando.sams.intro' you can change the unit "sam_one" to a rhib, soldier, car, whatever. But if you change it inte a M2 it doesnt work.

Is there a way to make that work? I would like to use a ZU23M as a launcher.

Thank you for a wonderful scriptsuit!

(it would also be nice to have this in an addon that changes all default units into preset mandoble configurations)

Hi andersson, will check that issue with static weapons.

About setting up a default mando missile setup for addons, missile launchers, planes, submarines, etc. It is quite easy, you only need to setup the desired configuration using their init event handler inside the addon if mando_missile_init is set to true (this indicates the missile engine is present and initialized).

Tested the static weapons, all of them works fine. If you are using mando_sams.intro example, note that SAMs change combat mode in the next waypoint which is synced with the radio triggers (they start in never fire mode), but obviously static weapons cannot move to next waypoint to change its behaviour (they cannot move). While they are in "BLUE" mode, they will not engange enemies.

To make a quite test with a DShKM do the following:

- Create a new mission and add the Mando Missile gamelogic (easier to test directly with the addon) and an AI DShKM named my_static_sam.

- Create your init.sqf file and put inside:

// init.sqf

Sleep 1;

if (isServer) then

{

_disp = my_static_sam;

_posunit = 1;

_ttype = ["Air"];

_quantity = 12;

_minrange = 500;

_maxrange = 5000;

_rof = 6;

_pos = [0,0,2,3];

_scan = 360;

_mink = 0;

_enemies = [west,sideEnemy];

_antimissile = true;

// Missile will be fired with automatic elevation based on target position, < 90 = fixed elevation

// This last parameter is optional

_vangle = 99;

[_disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, _antimissile, _fixed_firing_direction, _initially_active, true, _vangle]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_hawk.sqs";

};

Now add some western planes between 500 and 5000m from the static launcher.

You will see the static MG activating its SAM system and enganging western air targets.

Two extra example missions attached at the first post here:

- basic_missile.Sara: Basic example with two targets (a near chopper and a far away tank) and two radio triggers. The basic firing script is basic_missile.sqs, inside you will find all the firing parameters so you may play with them at will. This example uses the addon, so you dont need to modify or create any description.ext file.

- mando_laserbomb.Sara: A Su34 will support you with laser guided bombs. Call of support using the radio, use the laser designator to paint targets and validate them while the Su34 aproaches the area. This example uses the addon too, so you dont need to modify or create any description.ext file.

This may be a stupid question but I'm trying to simulate LOAL hellfires in the MCC for the choppers but i cant get the missiles to reload quickly so i can fire off very quick salvos, is it the _scanstoload that i need to change I keep getting some error message in game when I lower it.

basically i want to be able to scan target form behind hill then go in cover and fire off salvos quickly

If you could help mando I would be most thankfull

keep up the good work

coligpip

Yes, scans to load determines the frequency between fire/load/fire.

_scanfreq determines the delay between scans.

So, if you want to be able to fire a missile per second, set _scanfreq = 1 and _scanstoload = 1. Most of the preexisting MCC scripts have _scanstoload as seventh parameter.

Aside of that, MCC uses active lock or remote lock or both. Remote targets are these locked on by something external to the firing unit (a laser designator, a script, or anything else). Active lock means the position of the MCC camera has no line of sight block to reach the target. So, if you use active lock with the camera just at the level of the chopper, you may lock on the target, but the lock will be broken once you move behind a hill.

On the other hand, if your MCC accepts remote targets, another unit may illuminate the tanks while your chopper keeps hidden behind a hill. You will be able to see the targets of the remote targeting unit, lock on any of them and fire from your safe position.

ok thanks now I know im on the right track i will fiddle more.

If you want indirect fire for a chopper you have two options:

1 - As in mando_target.sara mission and mando_remote.intro. Your chopper is able to lock on remote targets, and other units provide these targets to the launchers.

2 - You use an MCC, and you set the MCC camera position well above the chopper's base (over its mast). This way you may keep almost hidden behind a hill while locking on targets at the other side.

we think alike :-) Yes thats what i've done set it high up ontop of the rotor like the longbow radar.

What i would like is for it to remember the targets after ive popped back down again. From my longbow 2 days i think this is how it worked anyway. When it rescans it wipes them out could do with a freeze positions button, also a way to make the chopper go up and down whilst in mcc and im the pilot using the mcc (only me doing it so far):-)

You can do that with the MCC mark. You popup, select a target, make the map to lock on contact or target, place your map mark where the contact map is (green dot or arrow), hide behind a hill, select the map mark as target and fire a missile. You will need to setup the missile similar to the hellfire LOBL in mando_target.sara example. So first the missile climbs, travels at defined cruise alt, and then dives over the target.

But to make able to proceed that way you need to assign the MCC to the gunner, not to the pilot as the pilot would need to close the MCC to gain control of the chopper and descend.

You might try the following MCC setup:

;mando Missile Control Center activation for Hellfire system

;mando_missilecontrolon_hellfire.sqs

;May 2008 mandoble

;

; Missile control center is activated

; This script is executed by action added to indicated vehicles by mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf or

; mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf

;

; missile's parameters are customized inside this script before executing mando_missilecenter.sqs

; to activate the MCC

_params = (_this select 3)

_targettypes = _params select 0

_launchpos = _params select 1

_camerapos = _params select 2

_fixeddir = _params select 3

_missileidx = _params select 4

_backcolor = _params select 5

_scanstoload = _params select 6

;Launcher parameters

;Launcher radar scan range

_radarrange = 5000

;Launcher radar scan frequency

_scanfreq = 1

;Able to detect incomming missiles?

_antimissile = false

;Missile parameters

_launcher = vehicle player

_missilebody = "M_Hellfire_AT"

_dir = 0

_vangle = 0

?(_params select 7) != -100: _vangle = _params select 7

_speedini = 10

_speedmax = 300

_acceleration = 150

_target = objNull

_boomrange = 1

_activerange = 600

_modeinit = 0

_cruisealt = 100

_boomscript = mando_missile_path+"warheads\mando_missilehead1a.sqf"

_smokescript = mando_missile_path+"exhausts\mando_missilesmoke1a.sqf"

_soundrsc = "mando_missile1"

_sounddur = 29

_endurance = 8

_terrainavoidance = false

_updatefreq = 999

_delayinit = 0

_controltime = 0

_detectable = false

_debug = true

_launchscript = ""

_hagility = 25

_vagility = 30

_accuracy = 1

_intercept = true

_scanarch = 65

_scanarcv = 65

_missileparams = [_launcher, _missilebody, _launchpos, _dir, _vangle, _speedini, _speedmax, _acceleration, _target, _boomrange, _activerange, _modeinit, _cruisealt, _boomscript, _smokescript, _soundrsc, _sounddur, _endurance, _terrainavoidance, _updatefreq, _delayinit, _controltime, _detectable, _debug, _launchscript, _hagility, _vagility, _accuracy, _intercept, _scanarch, _scanarcv]

;MCC Sounds

;Sound for MCC activation

_radaronsound = "mando_radaron"

;Sound for MCC deactivation

_radaroffsound = "mando_radaroff"

;Sound for locking on a target

_gettargetsound = "mando_target1"

;Sound for radar scans

_scansound = "mando_radar2"

;Sound 1 to indicate no missiles left

_noammosound1 = "mando_noammo1"

;Sound 2 to indicate no missiles left

_noammosound2 = "mando_noammo2"

_sounds = [_radaronsound,_radaroffsound,_gettargetsound,_scansound,_noammosound1,_noammosound2]

[_launcher, _camerapos, _targettypes, _radarrange, _scanfreq, _antimissile, _missileparams, _sounds, _fixeddir, _missileidx, _backcolor, _scanstoload]exec mando_missile_path+"mcc\mando_missilecenter.sqs"

That script directly to your mission folder.

And for the init.sqf

// MCC 8 Hellfires controlled by player as gunner (missile idx 0)

_mcctypeaascript = "mando_missilecontrolon_hellfire.sqs";

[["AH1W"], 8, 8, ["Ships", "Vehicles", "REMOTE"], "Hellfire Console", _mcctypeaascript, [3,2,-3], [0,5.7,3], 1, 0, 3, [0,0,1,1], 1] execVM"mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf";

The 1 after [0,5.7,3] determines the position is for gunner, change by 0 if you want driver, 2 for commander.

Consider also that you may add several MCCs for a vehicle, for example, one for AA missiles for the pilot. Just make sure to change the missile idx for each MCC you enable for a vehicle or vehicle class. If you use the same missile idx, when you fire a missile using a MCC, the count of missiles left of the other/others MCCs will reflect the change too. That means that for your chopper you might have several MCCs with same missile idx for hellfires, each MCC providing a different flight profile for the missiles optimized for direct shots or indirect shots (like the one you have above).

Attached to the first post of <span style='color:blue'>this post</span> you will find mma_air_combat.Sara.zip. While it is a fully playable mission SP or MP, it is inteded as an example of Mando Missile integration with addons. Inside you will find mma_bis_su34_init.sqf, mma_bis_su34b_init.sqf and mma_bis_av8b2_init.sqf. Three example scripts which are executed from the init field of the planes in the mission, but these script might also be executed from the "Init" EH (or Extended EH) of an addon derived from Su34, Su34B or AV8B2. If Mando Missile is not present in the mission, the planes will behave like normal ones, but if MMA 2.3 or above is present, the planes will reconfigure themselves to use MMA systems. The script activates/deactivates AI/human systems depending on who is into each position of a plane, human or AI.

Soon you will have a comprehensive guide explaining step by step how to integrate Mando Missile within any addon.

In the example mission you may fly as OPFOR, BLUFOR or keep grounded as civilian observer.

Hi,

Is it possible to launch the Hellfire missiles at people/soldiers like they do in iraq and Afghanistan?

I was trying to get mando missiles to work inside the new warfare mission - cos i think it would be great if it was all linked into the funds etc.

but

i cant do it...:-( get rsctitles errors etc can anybody help

it would be truly great.

Here you have the requirements for description.ext, note that if you use the addon version you dont need to add anything to the description.ext file. Also make sure that you are not using other resources which dont define titles in description.ext but in some third party include file, in that case the titles class would be defined twice.

Mando I know this is a bit much to ask but if you have the time could you make a version of the Warfare mission that works with mando Missiles it really would be fantastic.

:-) sorry a bit cheeky I know, I have tried I cant get it to work

anyway I understand if this is a bit much to ask for.

I tried the addon version but i always get CTD no error message, perhaps I am doing somthing wrong. I can normally get it to work with other missions