Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link II Armed Assault

<span style='color:red'>WARNING!!! THIS VERSION IS OUTDATED PLEASE USE THE 1.8 PLUS! HOTFIX VERSION AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST</span>

armagrouplinkiipluste4.png

<span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link II Plus! Enhanced and Converted for Armed Assault</span>

I proudly present the God of all Script's ArmA Group Link II Plus! made by toadlife modified and enhanced by KeyCat

Enhanced and Converted for ArmA by SNKMAN

Credits: OFP 1.91: toadlife, Kegetys, Kriegerdaemon

Credits: ArmA: =\SNKMAN/=, ZoneKiller

Special Thanks: KyleSarnik, Solus

AI Features:

---------------------------------

AI Enhanced

AI Call Reinforcement

AI Call Artillery

AI Mount, Unmount Vehicles and Choppers at the target position

AI Unit's in Choppers do Paradrop or Unmount at target position

AI Drop Smoke for cover while Unmounting

AI on feet also drop Smoke for cover if the come into a fire fight

AI react to Gunfire

AI react to suppressed fire

AI perform house searches at target position

IMPROVED in v. 1.8 Plus:

AI / Player random Idle, injured, detect , behaviour and some more Voices fit to the situation

AI Captive If some things match a situation enemy units will surrender.

How to use:

---------------------------------

See "ReadMe.txt" and "ReadMe.v.1.8.Plus!.txt"

ArmA Group Link II Plus! package contains:

ArmA Group Link II Plus! Script

ArmA Group Link II Plus! Voice.pbo

Example Mission

Readme ( How to use )

Readme ( What's new )

Fixed in v.1.8 Plus!:

- Artillery: Enemy group's will only call for Artillery if none of their own group's are in a specific range of the target group. by =\SNKMAN/=

- Grenade Launcher detect range

Improved:

- Voice: Improved the ArmA Group Link II Plus! script with random Idle, injured, detect , behaviour and some more pretty nice Voices fit's to the given situation.

Sound's used from Armed Assault by =\SNKMAN/=

New Feature "BETA":

- Captive: It's now possible to get captives if the situation matchs some point's.

If you got captive units they will try to escape, if you looses them from the view or if a helpgroup is nearby

the captive units they will try to escape and join the helpgroup. By =\SNKMAN/=

How to use the AddOn:

- The only reason why you need the AddOn is becouse i could not find all the correct Voice classes.

I will change this if i find enough time to look for all thouse Voice classes

- You can simply put the "ArmA_Group_Link_II_Plus!_Voice.pbo" into your "ArmA\AddOns" folder or use a MOD folder to load the voice config.

Up next:

- Enhanceing and optimizeing of the Voice system.

- Enhanceing the captive script, so all group's friendly to the captive unitss and in a

specific range to the captive units will let the captive units join their group.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<span style='color:red'>WARNING!!! THIS VERSION IS OUTDATED PLEASE USE THE 1.8 PLUS! HOTFIX VERSION AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST</span>

Mirrow: <span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link II Plus! v.1.8</span>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

armagrouplinkiiplusv18hdt8.png

<span style='color:red'>ArmA GroupLink II Plus! v.1.8 HOTFIX</span>

Fixed:

- Lag: Fixed and removed some part's of the ArmA Group Link II Plus! script which creates lag.

- Voice: Changed some sounds and Voice timings for a more realistic atmosphere

Improved:

- Voice: Improved the ArmA Group Link II Plus! script with random Suppressed, Detect and Killed Voices fit's to the given situation.

Sound's taken from Armed Assault by =\SNKMAN/=

Removed:

- Voice: Get in, Get out

Up next:

- Enhanceing and optimizeing of the Voice system.

- Enhanceing the captive script, so all group's friendly to the captive unitss and in a

specific range to the captive units will let the captive units join their group.

Well i'm sorry about the 1.8 Plus! release seems like some part's of the script specially the eventhandlers created a lot of lag on bigger missions.

I now changed some part's of the script to run on the player's side only to get ride of the lag.

I hope this release will slove all your problems you had with Plus! v.1.8

Thank you very much for the replay's and interest.

Enjoy. biggrin_o.gif

Mirrow: <span style='color:red'>ArmA GroupLink II Plus! v.1.8 HOTFIX</span> Latest Version!

Mirrow: <span style='color:red'>ArmA GroupLink II Plus! v.1.8 HOTFIX</span> Latest Version!

------------------------------------------------------

Happy to see how people is hard working to keep high this super game.

notworthy.gif

Just a question: sorry about my 'noobity', what is KI ?

He mixed German and English, I don't know why. KI means AI.

Good job with the script pack, I'll definitely have a look and see how it works.

LynxEye @ Mar. 26 2007,22:37)]Happy to see how people is hard working to keep high this super game.

notworthy.gif

Just a question: sorry about my 'noobity', what is KI ?

Yes well. I don't know also. whistle.gif

Anyway it's changed.

Thank's smile_o.gif

I can't manage to unpbo the example mission with cpbo/ unpbo etc.

Snkman, good conversion! Haven't noticed any errors.

I'm trying to get this work on respawning units with a trigger -

ex: condition: alive man1

init: [man1] exec "grouplink2.sqs"

But it only works once at start, once man1 respawns (base) .. grouplink does not activate again. Any suggestions on getting this to work on respawning units?

The original OFP GL II version could only be run once for it to operate properly. You could not use multiple instances of OFP GL II scripts running without getting errors, it was not designed for that. I took a quick look at the scripts and it looks like this converted version is the same in that regard.

Also the way how you give arguments to the script does not look right at all (more arguments are needed).

One solution for your problem I can think of: put your respawned soldier into an existing group which was originally given as an argument for GL II script as a target group or as an enemy group, depends on what side you are spawning.

<span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link II v.1.1</span>

Fixed Bug's:

AI React ( AI now will flee, if they are less Soldiers than the Enemy's )

AI Artillery MP ( Look's like the bug is fixed AI )

And some more other thing's needed after Reinforcement was called.

Mirrow: <span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link II v.1.1</span>

@gassybutt

Sorry like Baddo already said it's not possible to use the Script that way.

looks sweet i've tried myself to convert the script and got like halvway with some error messages and stuff. Anyways gonna check this out. inlove.gif omg this works great and somehow a.i is really much faster at taking me down one squadm ember at a time or more tounge2.gifpistols.gif btw anyway that boats and aircraft can be part of enemy groups that are in the script? Would be cool if shit really could get bad and your team would get attacked by a su34 bomber dropping lgb's around you tounge2.gif

So far here's my checklist what's working and what's not working.

Working:

AI Call Reinforcement

AI Call Artillery

AI Unmount Vehicles/Choppers at target position

AI Drop Smoke for cover while Unmounting

Not Working:

AI react Suppressed fire

AI react to gunfire

AI Voices ( I really don't know how this should work becouse there is no path and/or Voices into the Group Link 2 Script, where to take the Voices from ) confused_o.gif

So far not seen yet:

AI Remount Vehicle's/Chopper's

Ai House search

Would be very helpful, if you could share your experience's with thouse part's. wink_o.gif

@Commando84

Quote[/b] ]btw anyway that boats and aircraft can be part of enemy groups that are in the script?

Well this should not be a big problem but first i like to fix the Script completly.

Quote[/b] ] AI Drop Smoke for cover while Unmounting

How exactly did you do this? I can't seem to find it in the script.

I've been trying to convert Bremmer's AI script, but they won't pop smoke for some reason.

I have done this conversion since 1.0 GER but this kind of Errors are the point that i do not release it.

Other thing was/is that  the MP reaction of my conversion was complete different to SP Variant.

Not wrong but lame AI, it was going a little bit better since 1.05 but far away from local hosted and lightyears away from a normal running OFP Dedicated.

Sometimes i was meaning it looked like SP but then it was not.

Maby your conversion was better wink_o.gif

Not Working:

AI react Suppressed fire

AI react to gunfire

AI Voices ( I really don't know how this should work becouse there is no path and/or Voices into the Group Link 2 Script, where to take the Voices from ) confused_o.gif

So far not seen yet:

Ai House search

My bet: the AI voices (sounds) are not working because the names for the voices in GL II by KeyCat are of course, directly from Operation Flashpoint. If the same voices are not present in ArmA with exactly the same classnames, then the voices are for sure not working.

Look at ai_voice2.sqs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_EastVoices = ["rus1","rus3","rus4","rus5","rus6","rus10","rus13","rus14","rus15","rus18","rus19","rus20","rus19","rus20","rus19"]

_WestVoices = ["eng1","eng2","eng3","eng4","eng5","eng12","eng15","eng16","eng18","eng20","eng24","eng27","eng29","eng35","eng40"]

_ResistanceVoices = ["rus1","rus3","rus4","rus5","rus6","rus10","rus13","rus14","rus15","rus18","rus19","rus20","rus19","rus20","rus19"]

The items in the arrays are classnames for the sounds in OFP:R. Now, I didn't look if ArmA has any of these sounds present but my guess is they are not. So the script is possibly trying to play non-existant sounds.

My other bet: you mention in your first post that there is one addon requirement missing. That is the reason why the "AI Remount Vehicle's/Chopper's" is not working, as that functionality in the OFP GL II by KeyCat relies on that addon:

Kegetys' Editor Addon 1.11 "ParkingSpot = "KEGres_Misc033"

Of course it breaks the thing if you don't replace that addon used as a "ParkingSpot" with something else.

<span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link II v.1.2</span>

Fixed Bug's:

Fixed bug with Static Groups ( These groups can call other groups for backup, but CANNOT be called by other groups for backup. )

Fixed bug with No Vehicle Groups ( Groups listed here will not look for any vehicles after an alert is canceled and will return directly to their original patrol WP's )

Update Working: smile_o.gif

Ai House search

Still not Working: banghead.gif

AI react Suppressed fire ( I really tryed everything to get this working but without success... Maybe it's becouse of some default setting in ArmA which was changed from OFP )

AI react to gunfire ( The same like above )

AI Voices ( Disabled till working )

Original full size KeyCat ReadMe included

Mirrow: <span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link II v.1.2</span>

Some information for Guy's who try to fix thouse point's also:

So far seem's like:

eh_fired1.sqs is working correctly and the Key Weapon classes are recognized correctly in distance and what kind of Weapon is fired.

Key Weapon classes:

Class 0 = 15 meters

Class 1 = 50 meters

Class 2 = 300 meters

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">KEY_WpnClass0 = ["M4A1SD","MP5SD","M9SD","MakarovSD"]

KEY_WpnClass1 = ["M16A2GL","M16A4_ACG_GL","M4A1GL","AK74GL"]

KEY_WpnClass2 = ["M9","M16A2","M16A2GL","M16A4","M16A4_GL","M16A4_ACG","M16A4_ACG_GL","M4","M4GL",

"M4AIM","M4SPR","M4A1","M4A1GL","G36K","G36C","G36A","MP5A5","M249","M240","M24","AK74",

"AK74GL","AKS74U","AKS74UN","AKS74PSO","PK","SVD","KSVK","Makarov","M136","JAVELIN","STINGER"]

eh_fired2.sqs, ai_react1.sqs and ai_react2.sqs didn't work.

I already tryed everything, maybe someone else got more luck with this.

So far i think the wrong part is:

grouplink2.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; Check if AI should react to suppresive fire, if add another event handler to each player (in targetgroup only)

if ((group player == _this select 3) && KEY_AIsuppresivefire) then {player AddEventHandler ["Fired", {_this exec "ai\eh_fire2.sqs"}]}

or here:

; If KEY_AIhearingaid = True then init AI reaction script 1 (gunfire detection) for each AI group

if (KEY_AIhearingaid) then {{[_x] exec "ai\ai_react1.sqs"} forEach _groups}

; If KEY_AIsuppresivefire= True then init AI reaction script 2 (suppressive fire) for each AI group

if (KEY_AIsuppresivefire) then {{[_x] exec "ai\ai_react2.sqs"} forEach _groups}

But like i already told above maybe it's just not working becouse of some changes from OFP to ArmA Engine.

---------------------------------------------------------------

@kevb0

Well first of all i did nothing. smile_o.gif

All Credit's should go to toadlife and KeyCat i just converted it to work in ArmA.

Okay about your question:

Smoke will be automatically added to the Group Leader of the first Vehicle when unmounting.

See:

unmoutE.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; ########### DEBUG ###########

;hint format["DEBUG: Facing in your direction - %1",_degree]

; #############################

; Define the smokegrenade, can be "smokeshell", "smokeshellred", "smokeshellgreen"

_smoke = "smokeshell"

; Add the smoke shell

_mags = magazines (leader _helpgroup)

_mag = _mags select 0

(leader _helpgroup) removemagazine _mag

(leader _helpgroup) addmagazine _smoke

; Let leader throw the smoke shell

(leader _helpgroup) fire ["throw",_Smoke,_Smoke]

~1

(leader _helpgroup) addmagazine _mag

; Make the officer look in your direction again to avoid "turtleneck"

;(leader _helpgroup) doWatch _friendlymax

(leader _helpgroup) doWatch (getPos _friendlymax)

@Baddo

Yes everything you say is correct. wink_o.gif

About the class names:

I think i found them ( "speech1","speech2","seppch3" ... in "ArmA\Dta\bin\config.bin" but so far i could not get it to work.

About Kegetys' Editor Addon 1.11 "ParkingSpot = "KEGres_Misc033":

I did some workaround and it look's like if i replace the "KEGres_Misc033" with another "HeliHEmpty" it works much better.

In OFP times i always used Group Link 2 without Kegetys' Editor Addon 1.11 and it always work's perfect.

@All other

Thank's for the nice feedback smile_o.gif

Thanks, SNKMAN. I'll mess around with it now.

Does GLII still have the limitation where it will only work with one group? Meaning, there can only be one group that the AI will actively track and engage one group?

Does GLII still have the limitation where it will only work with one group? Meaning, there can only be one group that the AI will actively track and engage one group?

Yes.

<span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link II v.1.3</span>

Improved:

<span style='color:red'>Several Target Groups can be used instead of just one</span> ( By ZoneKiller )

Not working part's ( Still WIP ) of the Script was removed

Some part's of the Script was changed to work better in ArmA

Fixed Bug's:

AI Fire Flares at Night ( By ZoneKiller )

Mirrow: <span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link II v.1.3</span>

Is the mission linked to a specific addon?

Because i get an error "You cannot play/edit this mission....."

Cheers

<span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link II v.1.4</span>

Well again ZoneKiller did a AWESOME job by fixing some more very important and very useful stuff in the Group Link II script. thumbs-up.gif

Finally Working: smile_o.gif

AI react Suppressed fire ( By ZoneKiller )

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">- Enemy AI now react to suppressive fire from machineguns (M240, PK) so now machine gunners can be used a bit more tactical and slow down advancing enemy infantry.

AI react to gunfire ( By ZoneKiller )

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">- Enemy AI now "hear" and react to your gunfire even if not under direct fire. Detection range depends on actual weapon fired.

If the enemy AI detects your gunfire they will take cover and leader will scan in the direction of the gunfire, they may also decide to advance in the same direction.

Mirrow: <span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link II v.1.4</span>

@fideco

Yes sorry you are right in v.1.3 i still had the RHS Hind in the Mission.

It's removed in v.1.4.

Good work SNKMAN

another step forward in giving brain to Arma Ai.

It is the first time i see enemy flares in the night:a touch of class..

A general suggestion: maybe, the enemy would not have to approach itself too much the group of the player and would have to be more cautious (behaviour?),but probably this is a limitation od Arma engine.

Cheers

Seems to be an Error find the way back into 1.4 ;-)

Quote[/b] ]; Using Game Logics didn't work in my first test?huh.gif?

;ParkingSpot = "Logic" createVehicle [0,0]

;ParkingSpot1 = "Logic" createVehicle [0,0]

;ParkingSpot2 = "Logic" createVehicle [0,0]

;ParkingSpot3 = "Logic" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot = "KEGres_Misc033" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot1 = "KEGres_Misc033" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot2 = "KEGres_Misc033" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot3 = "KEGres_Misc033" createVehicle [0,0]

TargetSpot = "HeliHEmpty" createVehicle [0,0]

In my Version i use it so

ParkingSpot = "FxWindGrass1" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot1 = "FxWindGrass1" createVehicle [0,0]