Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link II Armed Assault

i wonder if AI reaction to sound could be adjusted to echo, occlusion etc from improved sound wave model ...

@MCPXXL

Well i tryed and tested different things:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

ParkingSpot = "KEGres_Misc033" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot1 = "KEGres_Misc033" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot2 = "KEGres_Misc033" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot3 = "KEGres_Misc033" createVehicle [0,0]

TargetSpot = "HeliHEmpty" createVehicle [0,0]

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ParkingSpot = "Logic" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot1 = "Logic" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot2 = "Logic" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot3 = "Logic" createVehicle [0,0]

and in OFP times i never used Kegetys' Editor Addon 1.11 and everything works very well.

So i also tested thouse things above and to me everything look's like it was working correctly.

In the last few weeks i tested it with:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

ParkingSpot = "HeliHEmpty" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot1 = "HeliHEmpty" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot2 = "HeliHEmpty" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot3 = "HeliHEmpty" createVehicle [0,0]

and it works good too.

Did you have any trouble with 1.4? Remount Vehicles?

I will give it another try tomorrow to see what's working best.

Your ACTUAL Error is to use the KEGres_misc033 in ARMA !!!

Quote[/b] ]; Automaticly create required objects for the script

; Using Game Logics didn't work in my first test?huh.gif?

;ParkingSpot = "Logic" createVehicle [0,0]

;ParkingSpot1 = "Logic" createVehicle [0,0]

;ParkingSpot2 = "Logic" createVehicle [0,0]

;ParkingSpot3 = "Logic" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot = "KEGres_Misc033" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot1 = "KEGres_Misc033" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot2 = "KEGres_Misc033" createVehicle [0,0]

ParkingSpot3 = "KEGres_Misc033" createVehicle [0,0]

They were fixed but now they are in again ;-)

tounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.gif

hey is there ability to add more target groups or not? In readme it says i cant and in this forum thread it says i cant and that i can so now im confused tounge2.gif wich way is it? and if its possible to have 2 target groups how do i do it in the script file if i want to add a second group called gw2 for an example.

Yes :-)

See the demo mission

There is a group gw2 and the settings are done in g2.sqs in scripts

I was also wondering about the missing readme

in Gl2.sqs you can enter the named groups [gw1,gw2] but use everytime two groups like [gw1,gw1] because only [GW1] produced Error

I have combined it with the BAS_Framework tounge2.gif

<span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link II v.1.4.1</span>

Okay a little update.

Fixed: Error if you choose only one target Group

I rewrote some parts of the ReadMe.txt and grouplink2.sqs to stop confusing the Community. smile_o.gif

ParkingSpots "HeliHEmpty" is also reAdded and i changed some thing's in the demo Mission to make it a bit easyer to understand.

- AI Voices react was working too but becouse of some strange thing's happend till the voices was played it was removed completly.

Mirrow: <span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link II v.1.4.1</span>

@Dwarden

Yes maybe but i don't know how to do this and so far i think the AI react to Gunfire is a pretty good solution to give AI some more Tactical improvement.

B.t.w. i think Group Link 2 with all features enable now need's a lot of CPU power to run all thouse Script's on several units.

I use Group Link 2 with UPS and infoShare and in a big mission now it's hard on it's limit.

@MCPXXL

Can you tell me, what exectly "FxWindGrass1" is?

It's a Sound, a Effect... what exectly does it create's and did it work well for you?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">FxCartridge 1-2 invisible in game

FxExploGround1 invisible in game

FxExploGround2 invisible in game

FxExploArmor1 invisible in game

FxExploArmor2 invisible in game

FxExploArmor3 invisible in game

FxExploArmor4 invisible in game

FxWindGrass1 invisible in game

FxWindGrass2 invisible in game

FxWindLeaf1 invisible in game

FxWindLeaf2 invisible in game

FxWindLeaf3 invisible in game

FxWindPollen1 invisible in game

FxWindRock1 invisible in game

I asked Keycat to get another type instead of KEGRes.... and i choosed this.

German KLARTEXT tounge2.gif

Und hör mal endlich auf ACE und mache ICQ ;-)

btw dudes in the readme it says this about the target groups

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">If you like to use 2 Target groups called gw1,gw2

Example: _westgrps = [gw1,gw2]

im wondering any1 tried if the two groups has to be WEST groups or if 1 group can be independent like say a racs team or a group of civilians maybe sided with independent / Racs ? smile_o.gif

i have some crazy ideas for a mission i want to remake from ofp but now with scripted a.i's that would handle better with this much improved group link script. inlove.gif

im thinking like 1 west group and then one racs / independent group that could for an example be the target groups.

Hmm.. didn't try this so far but if you set them friendly to West why not. wink_o.gif

sweet, i gonna set my plans into motion tomorow with a brand new mission yay.gif also got a pretty crazy idea but im thinking large scale battlefield and if there would be a way to have 2 group link scripts running and by that way make one target group for the opfor and one for bluefor tounge2.gif would make for intresting battles in coop and players vs players with bunch of a.i's around too biggrin_o.gif

@SNK well my comment about occlusion and echo was mainly meant to avoid AI being able easily locate You in city areas or dense woods etc ...

sorta of error in direction decision (humans do mistakes so AI may too smile_o.gif

i enjoy this a lot!

one thing is it would be great if enemies coming as backup would move as fireteams not one by one.

smile_o.gif

Well the problem is that the Script in ArmA work's very different if you compare it with OFP.

In OFP the Script work's way better and much more Enemy's attacking you in bigger Group's.

I have no clue why it will not work as good as in OFP.

Maybe it's becouse of the AI behaviour in ArmA we wil see. wink_o.gif

Hi SNKMAN

I´m a big fan of Grouplink and DAC but I think that a simple convert to ArmA is not the right way. It´s better to code a new Grouplink with new features, maybe. Compare DAC wink_o.gif

I tested your version already but I was unconvinced from the results.

Hmmm... what you can do!?

Firstly you have to see how the KI works in ArmA and you have to consider this new behavior and integrate it in GL.

That´s only a begin... wink_o.gif

Regards,

Mr-Murray

Hey Mr-Murray smile_o.gif

Well yes of course you are right.

To make a Group Link Script which has integrated features of the ArmA Behaviour and also fit's and tested on ArmA would be much better.

But so far i don't have the Skill's to create such a Skript.

That's why i converted Group Link II to ArmA. smile_o.gif

Well i'm happy with the way it work's and of course like i sad bevore it doesn't work as good as in OFP.

But i would say it's working up to 70% 75% with OFP Group Link II and all features beside's ( Voicealert ) are working fine.

But yes of course i also hope to see another Masterpiece made by KeyCat for ArmA. inlove.gif

<span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link v.1.6 Beta</span>

Fixed in v.1.6 Beta

-------------------

Rating system by ZoneKiller and =\SNKMAN/=

-AI will only call for reinforcement's if they are overmatched by any target group.

The rating system used for this is the same like in OFP made by toadlife

Example: 6 East Soldiers - 1 West Soldier "In this situation the East Soldiers will not call for reinforcement"

Example: 6 East Soldiers - 2 West Soldiers "In this Situation the East Soldiers will call for reinforcement"

Example: 1 T72 - 4 West Soldiers "In this situation the T72 Crew will not call for reinforcement"

AI on feed now also will randomly use Smoke for cover if they spotted more then 4 target soldiers by =\SNKMAN/=

AI Supressed fire is fixed completly

Mirrow: <span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link II v.1.6 Beta</span>

In this Version i only use one Target group to get sure it don't create's new "Bug" while using several Target groups.

But of course it's still no problem to use more then just one Target group. ( It's just not tested that much )

Some feedback and or posting's of any errors you get ( I don't hope so ) would be very welcome and helpful. smile_o.gif

Greetings =\SNKMAN/=

btw how do i make boats work in Gl 2 script? it says in script this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; Define boats - FEATURE NOT IMPLEMENTED YET!

;KEY_EastBoatTypes = ["BoatE"]

;KEY_WestBoatTypes = ["BoatW"]

;KEY_ResistanceBoatTypes = [] so im wondering is there any way i activate so i can have boat teams? Im thinking if i switch boattypes to Rhib and pbx and it will work? or is there something else needed?

<span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link II v.1.7</span>

Fixed:

- AI now will dissembark from Chopper's and APC's at the target position.

Re-Added:

- AI Voice alert ( Using the good old Operation Flashpoint voices )

Clean up:

- I also added some folders and changed some directory's to get a better overview.

Mirrow: <span style='color:red'>ArmA Group Link II v.1.7</span>

@Commando84

well you have to add the boat class type's of ArmA in the Array and add some extra codes in the unmountE,R,W and remountE,R,W .sqs but so far i never tryed it.

B.t.w. i really don't know about the behaviour of the script if you would use boat's without adding some extra lines in the script becouse the "unmountE,R,W .sqs" will unmount unit's about 200 meter's around the target spot so it can be enemy unit's have to swim some meter's till they reach land. smile_o.gif

Where the hell am I supposed to put the AI and script folders if I want to do a mission using this? The readme requires installation notes for noobs like me.

Where the hell am I supposed to put the AI and script folders if I want to do a mission using this? The readme requires installation notes for noobs like me.

Find your Profile folder in your My Document's folder, for example mine is

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">C:\Documents and Settings\James\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\Jimboob\missions

Make sure you save the mission you want to Users and there should be a folder in there where you paste the scripts into, example.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">C:\Documents and Settings\James\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\Jimboob\missions\TestMission.Sara

I just found the readme which had the installation notes... stupid me. But thanks anyways smile_o.gif

yeah man thats true i forgot that part in the script biggrin_o.gif hmm yer it would be nice if i could get them to disembark near the land and not 200 meters away tounge2.gif i got this really great mission pow rescue in wich 2 pilots have to make it away from 2 small islands to the north west of Sahrani and there is Gl a.i and boats are not GL but they do almost a good job by shooting you to pieces with their MG's but i would love if i could make boats randomly choose between attackign with boat or if they would go close to me and disembark and go by foot after me. smile_o.gif

Does this conflict with Kronzky's Urban Patrol Script? Both use tactics, so I'm wondering if the ai will be in a scripting tug-of-war. I have a mission that uses both scripts and I don't get any errors, but I can't seem to pinpoint the ai responding from the group link script.

I'm having a problem with the squads stopping while in safe mode. Any random number of units in the squad will abruptly stop walking with the rest of squad. They're in a single column, so when one stops, everyone behind him stops and the front of the squad will continue on, anyone have any ideas?