Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link II Armed Assault

Daniel @ June 10 2007,13:06)]Does anyone have a different mirror for 1.08 plus?

As always.......

Armaholic mirror, please make sure you download the Hotfix too (link on top of that page).

Thanks for the great work SNKMAN!

I havent been able to use grouplink yet but I am building a mission where it will be used in as soon as I get to unit placements etc!

@Landdon

well i'm sorry but so far there's no way to use it without the AddOn becouse i could not find the voice classes used in Group Link II Plus!

NOTE:

@[CAS] Daniel / El nino Foxhound

You only need the <span style='color:red'>Group Link II Plus! 1.8 Hotfix</span>

The HOTFIX Version is a complete new version so no need to replace something in 1.8 only use the HOTFIX version please.

So the voice PBO must be downloaded by everyone seperate to the mission??

So the addon is required for MP? Cause i want to use vanilla ArmA for MP missions to be used on a public server.. otherwise everyone will get kicked off due to not having the voice PBO... unless the voice PBO is downloaded within the mission?? Or it can be removed?

Thanks

@ Jack-UK,

Unfortuately, the addon which is in Group Link II Plus called "ArmA_Group_Link_II_Plus!_Voice.pbo" must be installed on all clients and the server itself. It cannot be removed. I had built a mission but can't put it on our server because it must have that addon. So back to the drawing board for me.

Unfortuately, the addon which is in Group Link II Plus called "ArmA_Group_Link_II_Plus!_Voice.pbo" must be installed on all clients and the server itself. It cannot be removed. I had built a mission but can't put it on our server because it must have that addon. So back to the drawing board for me.

Can't you simply put the "ArmA_Group_Link_II_Plus!_Voice.pbo" on the server.

I think it should work.

Well i have to look for thouse classes again but like i told already i could not find them so far... confused_o.gif

Using GL2 Plus! without an addon would be in my mind too.

It's great to see group link in ArmA back!

@SNKMAN How can I make it that GroupLink II is enabled by default in every mission and campaign?

(Something like Solus has done the SLX mod for OFP)

The additional voices are really great!!

Adds a lot of atmosphere!

How can I make it that GroupLink II is enabled by default in every mission and campaign?

Yeah, would save alot of time in notepad rofl.gif Good job by the way wink_o.gif

I hope there is a fix for the "missing"-sound problem very soon smile_o.gif I'm getting a lot of complaints because of that while using the GL II script in all of my missions sad_o.gif

I do not have this messages in the last versions ?

@Kroky / Teliko

well i'm sure there is a way but with this way you could not use Static and No Remount Groups becouse all groups would run over one array.

So i think spending 1 min. for configurate the script is okay. wink_o.gif

@Legislator

Like MCPXXL already told there is no problem with the sound's just make sure the Server got the Voice configuration AddOn too.

Anyway i'm already working on a new version which should be released on Sunday or Monday.

Anyway i'm already working on a new version which should be released on Sunday or Monday.

YAY! cant wait

Well the server has loaded the neccessary addon and this problem appears in MP mode on a dedicated server as well as in the editor preview and local hosted mp sessions sad_o.gif

@Kroky / Teliko

well i'm sure there is a way but with this way you could not use Static and No Remount Groups becouse all groups would run over one array.

So i think spending 1 min. for configurate the script is okay.  wink_o.gif

@Legislator

Like MCPXXL already told there is no problem with the sound's just make sure the Server got the Voice configuration AddOn too.

Maybe for you one minute..... sad_o.gif

I'm trying to understand how it works, but I'm afraid it's too complicated for me.

So wouldappreciate a standard configuration of GroupLink to use for all missions as default.

maybe with a high courage level, then they would only call for reinforcements when they really need it.

I've been using Grouplink and it is incredible-- thanks for putting it together.

Is there a way to disable the AI from using flares at night?

Hi Ubi,

well i hope you know this Thread of ArmA Group Link II is outdated.

The latest version can be found here: ArmA Group Link II Plus v.1.0

Yes you can simply disable flares by changing one number.

Goto "Unmount_East.sqs" or "Unmount_West.sqs" or "Unmount_Racs.sqs" what ever your enemy side is.

Then in the script search for:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#flares

; ########### DEBUG ###########

;hint "DEBUG: Flares"

; #############################

; Random chance (95%) of enemy using flares at night

? (random 100 < 5) : exit

You see the line: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">? (random 100 < 5) : exit

simply change the 5 to 100 and you never will see flares in the night again.

Ha! Thanks SNKman. I am in fact using the 1.0 version and didn't realize this was a dead post.

Closed as there is a newer version released.

Please continue here.