Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

I was helping Pred for little while with sounds and samples. Just take a break Predator, everyone is entitled to a break. Just keep up the good work.

I would like to add that I do not enjoy anymore the original setting of the game. I don't even talk about the original sounds (no comments needed) but about the little details the mod has brought to the game.

Because I changed my card to a 8800 GTS, now I must stick with the beta patch and consequently I miss my Predator's mod.

Really.

Carry on, mate.

I have trouble with the command line parameter thing. I put this -nosplash-Mod=@ModWar in the comment box and the game seems to be and sound like normal arma.

you need to make a space between those parameters. Also, you need to put them in the target box after the quotes.

For example:

Target: "C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@modwar

Hey Pred, thanks for the excellent work so far on sounds and configuration. It's very much appreciated.

I assure you that many people share your preference for a more realistic and tactically oriented experience (especially in multiplayer). While the 'fisheye' effect is certainly not realistic, it certainly is the lesser of two evils (the other being 'magic zoom') in regards to immersion and gameplay. Thank you.

Hopefully some talented realism nuts will pick up on this and help you to either expand the scope of this project or make it complimentary to add-ons.

Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up.

I am still looking for some helping hand to rewrite the config, allowing for addons to be used.

I will ask Chammy, if we can merge our affords, since I got many of his awesome sfx anyway.

The only issue is: I am not really playing much ArmA due some things I dislike. One thing is the netcode and the lack of scope adjustments for range and windage (or for ArmA: lead). The scope sway is poor too.

Shooting in the real world feels like point and click after extensive shooting (and missing) in ArmA.

Well, well, just waiting for a permission and everything is ready for launch.

Switched the project to an Add-On, so every user content *should* work well.

Changed some sounds, added some and tweaked a few. Still need dozends of realistic sounds for reloads, engines, movement, hits and stuff like that.

In the future, Chammy and I will work as a team. This is the last "one-man-army" release, however, Chammy helped me alot in the process of development.

I also got permission from the Swiss Mod team to use their weaponry in the config mod, so the arsenal will be increased by some nice firearms.

The config mod may take some time, it's still alot of work.

Nice to read Pred, cool news!

We still must run through the invite of ESP but work is layed down until after 1.07 :P

News bulletin:

Beta of the new sound-only mod released !

Grab it here and send me feedback. Designated it a beta, because it might contain some errors (could not test everything).

The rar is bugged sad_o.gif

great to hear you are going to work together with Chammy

and you are willing to help working with ESP? if so, nice!

Upload is certainly not totally finished.

Sorry, the webspace bitched around, now I have to use rapidshare again...

great news, can't wait for the next release! you are awesome!!!

andy.

I hate Rapidshare, I can't download from them. Keeps saying that this session is invalid.

Will it be uploaded anywhere else? Also you should probably post a date above changes when you edit your first post so people can see that it's been updated.

Damn you Rapidshare!

Can't wait for a proper download source so I can try it.

excellent work, have been getting a little tired of FDF, so I eagely look forward to testing this out tonight.

Is your new Sound Mod an "Add-On" that is compatible with other add-ons? Or, is it like the first one?

It is an Addon-style mod.

Great news! I always loved your sound mod better than FDF's mod, but because your original wasn't an add-on, I was limited in my choices.

Keep up the great work!!! I can't wait to test this out.

Hi mate,

THANKS for the addon looks top from the preview vid,i cant try it till tomorrow tho ffs notworthy.gif ,on the preview part1 where did you get the sniper rifle that looks like the barrett from? the 1 the AI is using,or is it called something else,I have been looking for this for days now.

Thanks for the addon,cant wait try it.

All the best

Dan

where did you get the sniper rifle that looks like the barrett from? the 1 the AI is using,or is it called something else,I have been looking for this for days now.

That's the M107, it was first introduced with the 505 release and later brought to all with patch 1.05

@ThePredator: Downloaded the mod and gonna try it out over the next days. I'm using FDF sounds atm, but don't really like the reverb on most of the weapons.

Thanks for doing this and keep up the good work.