Sign in to follow this  
Overdosed

Parachute gets me killed

Sometimes when i jump from a heli i am falling down and then suddenly my parachute is gome and im falling to the ground, and i get killed. This happens like 10m above ground. I dont think im shot because it doesnt say so in left bottom corner. In parascute respawn its OK, it happens sometimes but if i jump from heli from high altitude i get killed every time, and always happens the same. Im slowly going towards the ground and everything seems fine, but then aprox. 10m above ground i start to fall like a brick. goodnight.gifhelp.gif Thanks.

p.s.: i dont want to open new topic so ill ask here, what is the default key to chat in game?

Hi! I cant help you with the Parachute problem, I've never experienced it. But i'm pretty sure the default key for chat is "/" smile_o.gif

Hi all

Maybe because someone shot up your parachute?

Easy enough to check.

Fire up the editor insert an enemy AI with a chute and yourself with say a SAW or in an AA vehicle. Then shoot their parachutes, (not them, we already know you can be shot and killed in a parachute now) see what happens.

Kind Regards walker

Sometimes when i jump from a heli i am falling down and then suddenly my parachute is gome and im falling to the ground, and i get killed. This happens like 10m above ground. I dont think im shot because it doesnt say so in left bottom corner. In parascute respawn its OK, it happens sometimes but if i jump from heli from high altitude i get killed every time, and always happens the same. Im slowly going towards the ground and everything seems fine, but then aprox. 10m above ground i start to fall like a brick.  goodnight.gif  help.gif  Thanks.

p.s.: i dont want to open new topic so ill ask here, what is the default key to chat in game?

I hear alot of people calling it a bug, so i belive it is a bug. I have experienced this time and time again when nobody has killed me. If i was you i would report it to the bug fix at wiki, but its probably already there.

Well i think that's a bug too.

I very often use parachute and it sometimes happend's, 6 Soldiers jump out than they pull the parachute and after 5 sec they just lost the parachute and fall down to the ground... But the parachute is still diving to the ground biggrin_o.gif

Look's like some Parachutejumpers can't fit to the Parachute.

Um... pull your reserve?

10m above ground is too late for that sad_o.gif

Here's some info for you guys. The lowest recorded combat jump was by the fallshirmjaeger during the invasion of malta. They jumped at a height of 200 feet and lost a large amount of their combat effectiveness due to injuries.

It's probably a bug, but parachutes don't work instantaneously, and people get hurt from that stuff. It takes several seconds for a parachute to deploy, and quite a few more seconds after that to slow your descent to minimize the impact of the fall.

It could be a bug, but it could also be because you're ejecting too low, or jumping too low.

Here's some info for you guys. The lowest recorded combat jump was by the fallshirmjaeger during the invasion of malta. They jumped at a height of 200 feet and lost a large amount of their combat effectiveness due to injuries.

I think you mean Crete, not Malta. There was no airborne

assault on Malta. The "Ramcke Fallschirmjaeger Brigade" that

was formed for that operation was sent to N. Africa instead.

I have CE QWERTZ keyboard, with ČŠŽ. I have / on number 7, so do i have to pres SHIFT+7 or what? crazy_o.gif

I did. Its /. I just dont want to rebind it to some other key so there wont be conflict. ArmA uses a lot of keys, remember.  yay.gif So is the / like ČŠŽ or SHIFT+7?

Yeah, you're right. That's my fault, I always confuse the two. THe point still stands, 200 feet is low for a pre-planned jump, not to mention a hasty affair.

It's a bug. Today, my SF team jump from BH. They flew, and suddenly 20 m above ground parachutes disappeared crazy_o.gif No shots...

I don't know what triggers it. I just tested with a UH-60 at a height of 200+:

1. Regular BIS Rifleman - ejected and parachute deployed as normal, soldier landed okay.

2. Chopper pilot - same as above

3. SF Recon - same as above.

*edit*

Using a full box from the M249, I was unable to destroy a parachute.

Quote[/b] ]

Yeah, you're right. That's my fault, I always confuse the two. THe point still stands, 200 feet is low for a pre-planned jump, not to mention a hasty affair.

OK, but there's a huge difference between Malta GC (George

Cross) and Crete in World War 2!    wink_o.gif

I can't say I've tried parachuting much in ArmA, I find the

erratic twisting about very unpleasant and there's no

transport aircraft to jump from anyway. Does anyone in

fact do combat parachute jumps from helicopters in the

real world (I know the Soviet Spetznaz used to)?

It shouldn't be hard to devise a test suite though. I suppose

the only variables are jumping height, dropping aircraft, type

of soldier jumping.

Our combat drops in Angola were at 800' and that's LOW!!! If your mains did not deploy there would not have been enough time to pull the reserve!

Quote[/b] ]

OK, but there's a huge difference between Malta GC (George

Cross) and Crete in World War 2!    wink_o.gif

I can't say I've tried parachuting much in ArmA, I find the

erratic twisting about very unpleasant and there's no

transport aircraft to jump from anyway. Does anyone in

fact do combat parachute jumps from helicopters in the

real world (I know the Soviet Spetznaz used to)?

It shouldn't be hard to devise a test suite though. I suppose

the only variables are jumping height, dropping aircraft, type

of soldier jumping.

We do helicopter jumps in garrison, but I can't think of any combat jumps off the top of my head.

There is a definite bug, our entire team was killed last night when at around 20' all of our chutes disappeared and we fell to our death. This happens about 50% of the time.

Its a bug who has happened since 1.05 patch. Before, i haven't experienced any parachut problem. Since the patch, playing Air cavalry mission, the whole Sf team starting in parachut near Benoma is killed due to this bug.

There isn't any ennemis near the location, but parachut is closed too early.

It still happens, happend to me the other day online.

WOULDN'T IT BE NICE to be able to 'GUIDE' our parachutes down to the ground ??

At least if I hit a tree, landed on a cliff face or dropped on a building with no way of getting down to ground level it would be my fault for not selecting a suitable drop/landing zone.

yes, that would be a good addition.

It still happens, happend to me the other day online.

WOULDN'T IT BE NICE to be able to 'GUIDE' our parachutes down to the ground ??

At least if I hit a tree, landed on a cliff face or dropped on a building with no way of getting down to ground level it would be my fault for not selecting a suitable drop/landing zone.

yes, that would be a good addition.

That is the function of the parachutes included in the game by default, in real life they have toggles that let you guide it and walk off the landing. In game they function closer to regular static-line parachutes, which are a "fire and forget," method of insertion.

There was a HALO addon for OFP, I can't remember if it allowed you to guide the parachute or not, I assume that something like it will come out eventually.

The best you can really hope for when guiding a static line chute is to tug on one of the risers, but even then, you don't have much time for all that nonsense as the ground comes up pretty quick...

I had this once, but I was close to some trees, so I assumed my 'chute had hit a branch and got snagged or something. It was really annoying though...