Sign in to follow this  
granQ

BRR 80 Released!

Looking forward to the update for this vehicle. Unfortunately, since the patch, I cant use it as it is now. It seems my infantry dont show thier small arms when this vehicle is used ingame

same for me

I am a bit sceptical about this addon; there's plenty of room for all sorts of improvements

Are you still working on an update ?

Quote[/b] ]MechaStalin Posted: Sep. 30 2007

I'm working on an update to this vehicle, so far I've added lots of material and specular maps for almost the whole model as well as fixing the rifle removing bug, but one problem. I was editing the model to give it a proper shadow model with self shadows etc but the model has some open vertices that O2 wont fix ...

BRR? Wth? Just call it BTR, nobody from Rosoboronexport is going to complain about a small addon in the almost forgotten computer game. It is not even an official addon. If you start selling it, you might hear from them, but even there, the chances are very slim that they gonna care about it!

Any good screenshots btw? On the screens in armaholic the wheels look kind of strange.

BRR? Wth? Just call it BTR, nobody from Rosoboronexport is going to complain about a small addon in the almost forgotten computer game. It is not even an official addon. If you start selling it, you might hear from them, but even there, the chances are very slim that they gonna care about it!

Any good screenshots btw? On the screens in armaholic the wheels look kind of strange.

It was a typo.

I'd like to finish it up but the main problem is the lack of detailed self shadows because the model is not closed properly.

Small update of BTR with material/normal maps and compatible with latest versions of ArmA, still no self shadows or new skins though as I'm not really in the mood for working on this. If you're willing to join the gaps in the model feel free to do it and send it to me and I"ll do the shadows and release the updated version.

Download

It might be a conflict with another addon but the last version had all my weapons dissappeared is that fixed? help.gif

It might be a conflict with another addon but the last version had all my weapons dissappeared is that fixed?  help.gif

I just tryed it and it looks like he fixed that error.

Thank you for updating this addon, MechaStalin...

Hope you find the time (and motivation wink_o.gif) to completely finish it.

BTW: found a bug. While in the driver position, turn out and turn the wheel. The axis of rotation of the wheel is wrong, it is turning around y axis (if x axis is front, y is left and z is top/vertical).

Malick

BTW: found a bug. While in the driver position, turn out and turn the wheel. The axis of rotation of the wheel is wrong, it is turning around y axis (if x axis is front, y is left and z is top/vertical).

Malick

Yes, I noticed this too. Incidentally, what is the "turn out" supposed to do? You don't really 'turn out', the driver's position just changes somehow... here's some more things that I found out:

One thing you might want to fix is that the 1st person view from the driver's seat is very bad, you can't really see ahead except for the immediate front of the vehicle, even if you open the window. This makes it rather difficult to drive other than 3rd person.

I would suggest that all vehicle add-on makers consider adding some rifle magazines and hand grenades as default load-outs to military vehicles, in line with the ammo count of BIS vehicles. It just eases things for mission makers. smile_o.gif

I love the amphibious aspect of the BTR, but visually it seems to float too high: the tires don't even fully submerge, and sometimes the waves bring the tires almost fully above surface. biggrin_o.gif Maybe there is a way to make it swim deeper? It's not a big deal, but just so you know...

One more note: KVPT doesn't cause ambient lighting, while KPT does. Perhaps this is easy to fix.

Nevertheless it's a very beautiful and useful vehicle packed with cool features. I hope we'll see more updates (with different versions, like 80A with 30mm gun, and camo patterns) to it! inlove.gif

I think I have learned  a little about model configuration (while modelling and mapping is still alchemy for me) and fixed BTR-80's dampers + added shadow for gun smile_o.gif

Now it can be used in Warfare as a counterpart for M2 Stryker smile_o.gif however still bugged and perforated with holes.

Most of the addon's pioneer features currently come with mods and addons (SLX, Compact Fix etc.), so I decided to cut them out from the config and make the addon compatible with XEH.

SD_BTR80 - fixed dampers, gun shadow, XEH

known bugs of this release:

- geometry (can't hit turret, while AI keeps aiming at it) and probably missing parts configuration

- AI does not disembark from dangerously damaged BTR...

- ...but also it's usual to see Marines firing M136 at the sky when ordered to destroy BTR.

- shadows.

- automated window shield that does not work... gonna try to get it to work as in BRDM

Most of old bugs are still present, but the addon is more up to date smile_o.gif

EDIT: Fixed automated window shield. Works same as BRDM's. Please redownload.

Good job zGuba. Keep it up, especialy since we use this BTR for the Chechnya war mod smile_o.gif

I converted another OFP BTR80 and it works perfectly but I can't join the original creator to get the permision of a release sad_o.gif

Mirror updated from ePrison.de.

Regards,

Stavanger

Thanks Stavanger, but could You credit the authors of this addon too? I have only tweaked it a bit wink_o.gif