Sign in to follow this  
granQ

BRR 80 Released!

Very cool model! Looks perfect in game! smile_o.gif Could you, please, move the number on board a little bit forward and make it on both sides, as well as put one more on the back as on the pic below. This would make the model very realistic!

BTR 80

Very cool model! Looks perfect in game! smile_o.gif Could you, please, move the number on board a little bit forward and make it on both sides, as well as put one more on the back as on the pic below. This would make the model very realistic!

BTR 80

First of all - I'm afraid that I'm not the author of this model. I only fixed old model's config, only minor changes are made there. I guess that anybody who understands Oxygen manual could attempt to fix the thing up or even create the model from scratch... and no, I'm not the one xD

Hi guys !

I like this addon, but it still needs some work. The addition of the dampers is a good start, but needs some tweaking : currently the vehicle is bouncing all around (from left to right) when driving in rough terrain. Maybe give the dampers a bit less stiffness ?

The driving wheel is turning on the wrong axis in turned out position.

The normal map needs work, as the paint looks too shiny (when compared to BIS BRDM, for example).

Otherwise, thank you for updating this nice vehicle ! I really like the BTR series and am looking forward to new versions wink_o.gif

Malick

Hi guys !

I like this addon, but it still needs some work. The addition of the dampers is a good start, but needs some tweaking : currently the vehicle is bouncing all around (from left to right) when driving in rough terrain. Maybe give the dampers a bit less stiffness ?

The driving wheel is turning on the wrong axis in turned out position.

The normal map needs work, as the paint looks too shiny (when compared to BIS BRDM, for example).

Otherwise, thank you for updating this nice vehicle ! I really like the BTR series and  am looking forward to new versions wink_o.gif

Malick

I believe that the BTR model & armor config should be similar to Stryker's while materials/textures/functionality similar to BRDM's.

Grate job it looks nice.

I was wondering if its possible to add a turrent like this arma2008-04-2514-18-55-37.jpg to the modell.

Becouse currently im working on a mod and i need a btr-80A tipe.

This is a nice release, I like it. Just fix the driver turnout and I noticed a few see through spots while being a driver and we be in business.

Grate job it looks nice.

I was wondering if its possible to add a turrent like this ] to the modell.

Becouse currently im working on a mod and i need a btr-80A tipe.

Hehe...I was playin around with it today in O2 and put that exact turrent on it.Maybe If zguba wants too I can send it to him to develope as a multi vechicle pack...BTR-80 and BTR-80A. smile_o.gif

Pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Badger343rd/BTR-80A.jpg

Why don't you convert a BTR from VITAPC pack (ofp)? Textures in this version are pretty awful sad_o.gif

This is a retexture of sea demons BTR-80,and also a re-modeled version representing a BTR-80A.Its a work in progress.I couldn't do the proper exit points for the bullets and tracers as I simply don't know how.Hopefully someone will fix it(or aleast tell me how to fix it).I also hope this can be finished to be made as a duel vehicle pack.As is you have to replace the pbo each time you want the different version.But in time I'm sure it will happen.Enjoy.The one you see in the pic is alittle different than current version,it has a searchlight on top and the gun is now a camo to match the rest of the hull.The scheme you see here is made for both the btr80 and "A" version.The shark mouth was for fun.

pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Badger343rd/Btr80A.jpg

download:

http://files.filefront.com/BTR+80r....fo.html

I love all the retex and tweaked versions but I hope this doesn't turn into another T72-T90 deal when there is a whole bunch of different versions with the same .pbo names.

Not like that's a big deal but I get confused which .pbo's have what. Or which to use for a certain version.

Thanks for the 80A

EDIT:

What's this SD_BTR80 that's packed up in here? Is it a retex with zGuba's latest tweaks? Or is it just a retex with out zGuba's fixes?

EDIT2:

Christ the BTR80A's .pbo is called "SD_BTR80" as well?

Does this have zGuba's fixes included for the BTR-80 or does this only contain the BTR-80A you are making?

It's hard to know whether to switch in this .pbo cause I started a mission using zGuba's recent version and I'm not sure if it will make a difference. Now I have 4 with the same name in a disabled folder.

I wish you could use different file names for your versions.

I never know what is what anymore.

are these authorized edits???

I just want to say this is turning into a mess.... i agree with manzilla that they need to be re-named and propperly redefined. Just liek the Su-25 there are already a bunch of different versions of the same exact thing with the same exact name......

good idea...go ahead,cause a BTR-90 is in the works as well.

It means u will release all with diff addon names?

If so, i will wait for that release.

Like I said,someone will have to do it cause I don't know what has to change confused_o.gif .Once that config is done I'll adopt it.

Let me clarify things abit here...what I'm doing is resurecting old addons that everyone misses in arma,and updating them with a variant as well...ie the t-90 became both a t-90 and t-90S.As I'm still just learning O2,I simply don't know how to do all the things needed yet to make them independent.But,what I can do is make them available for anyone to change,be it an intergration,or separate enity.What this method has proved ,is that finished playable addons can be done in a very short period of time,by poeple that don't have the skills or knowledge.If someone can improve what I've done then they have the opportunity to do so.If you've noticed I've picked projects that have multiple contributors in their develpoement due to openess.Until I learn more  its all I can do.Think about it...I released two finished tanks(3 really if you count the t-72 ERA repaints...5 if you include the BTR-80's) in just 5 days...without even knowing how to build them.When normally it takes months of developement and discussion for other similar projects.Its better I think to have an addon thats close to finished, than not at all ...rather than just be waiting for something that may or may not get released.I mean how many times have you seen a cool addon screenshot that never sees the light of day??...

Come to think of it...I find it strange that an obvious choice for an addition to Arma was never completed.I've seen atleast two projects of the t-90 that looked (atleast to me) finished...but they evaporated.I gotta wonder why,when I did it in less that 2 days without even knowing how???

Bottom line is,if it conflicts with your addon folder,you have two options,1)don't install it,or 2)make another addon folder that you can toggle on or off.

now with that said...how long do you think it would take for someone that knows how to do a config file to post one here for me to adopt??.....

What I really need is to team up with someone that knows what I don't thumbs-up.gifsmile_o.gif

EDIT...I'll even take it a step further,I'll be willing to teach anyone what I know to this point on teamspeak...just ask.

Unfortunately that's what I've been doing the past couple days. I just don't install them any more. It's a shame though cause I love your retex's and others.

Hopefully someone will offer you some help getting config, etc. taken care of.

i pose the qustion again...... did you recieve authorizations from the original add on makers to modify and release your variants?.....

Well...the direct answer to the question is "no"...however,if you read the thread you'll realize that its an addon with alot of different contributors...Seadeamon,GranQ,Mechstalin,Zguba, and it seems many others.The thread also implies that this is a project that can be contributed too,note the quotes as follows.

Mechstalin:

I'll send out an early version to anybody who would like to fix it up and send it back.

Mechstalin:

I'm not really in the mood for working on this. If you're willing to join the gaps in the model feel free to do it and send it to me and I"ll do the shadows and release the updated version.

Zguba:

I'm afraid that I'm not the author of this model. I only fixed old model's config, only minor changes are made there. I guess that anybody who understands Oxygen manual could attempt to fix the thing up or even create the model from scratch.

So its a natural assumption that if you feel you can contribute to the completion of this addon,its ok to do so.Providing that your contribution is open as well.Which mine is.

If I'm wrong in this assumption,I'm sure the author will inform me,which they haven't.Now the fact that my release replaces the previous version,is only due to the fact that I don't have the knowledge to make it a unique pbo,but its not really my intention to replace the previous version,but to compliment it.So hopefully someone will expand it into a pack,and not just leave it as a single piece of armour.

Isn’t it as easy as renaming the class SD_Btr80 to class SD_Btr80A in the config.cpp file and call it done?

Hi all, this is 343rdBadger's BTR-80 and BTR-80A in 1 pbo so no more swapping file to play with either version. Oh and this BTR-80A has the BMP-2's 30mm 2A42, a PKT and Smoke Grenades. It also apparently has an attachment for ATGM irl, but not added in this version

http://files.filefront.com/SD+BTR80zip/;11516140;/

@343rdBadger

Hey nice addition so far, hope this makes it a bit easier for you to work on

edit sorry XEH required

GREAT thumbs-up.gif  thanks ALOT!!! smile_o.gif

only issue I had was the version I did had model and texture fixes...so when I applied my desert scheme,it didnt match the fixes.What I simply had to do was depbo ,then swap the texture folder with my version,then I swaped the p3d file for each...worked like a charm...I now have both versions in desrt camo,with matching tweaks.I'll upload the desert version to my storage site for those that want it and aren't familiar with PBOing.Thanks again. inlove.gif

BTW...the ATGM version is what I'm working on now...but it will be the BTR-90 variant...different look altogether....MAN THANKS AGAIN...COOL STUFF DUDE!!!

EDIT...I just noticed you changed it to the 30mm...love'n it!!!Now if Someone could just move the tracers and mg smoke to the right spot we'd be all set.

now see what open projects can do...fast progress and new toys...gotta love it.