Sign in to follow this  
fabrizio_t

Patch 1.05 impressions

Anyone noticed the performance increase when setting the shadow detail to high instead of low  rofl.gif

In the pine forests of north Sahrani I get about 4 fps more with high shadow detail than I do with normal  crazy_o.gif In cities in south Sahrani I get more fps with normal shadow detail.  Not sure what the difference is, but it's there.

It's fine by me though: in the forests and grass of the north, the blobby shadows look better, everything looks a little darker under the canopy. In the south, the sharper (yet static) normal shadows look better. Palm fronds against roadways look better when you can see each frond's shadow instead of a blob. So for each half of the island, the better looking option is faster biggrin_o.gif

CPU E6600 @ 2.40GHz]E6600@2.40GHz 2GB RAM 800Mhz, Radeon X1950XTX 512Mb DDR4 and I run it almost with the settiings mr.g-c recommended.

Terrain detail normal, object detail high, shading detail high, Post-process low, AF normal, shadows normal, AA low, blood high, hardware accelaration off, EAX off.

I had better performance with 1.02 (almost everything on high & very high) but I don't really care about beautiful graphics. I'm glad lots of thing are improved with 1.05, I understand these things need resources.

I'm playing games for more then 20 years now and I've seen everything. Super graphics are nice for 1 week, after that I want replayability & freedom.

Quote[/b] ]

Onboard means you dont have a sound card on the motherboard but a card connected to motherboard like graphic crard? So EAX boost is only for people having sound card on motherboard and not for people tat have it separately (when you can take the sound card only out.) True?

Yes, but I have an onboard soundcard (realtek HD) and EAX kills my framerate...

Anyone noticed the performance increase when setting the shadow detail to high instead of low  rofl.gif

Yes, and anyone noticed the performance increase when changing view distance from 500m to 1200m? rofl.gif

This game is really odd... wink_o.gif

Well to me the Patch is okay so far!

My RESULTS: smile_o.gif

-------------

+ AI is pretty good now

+ New GUI look's very nice

+ New addon's are good

+ The Sized by option in the Trigger is also good

My RESULTS: crazy_o.gif

-------------

- The quality of the Graphic is very bad

- Performance is very bad ( E6600, MSI 8800GTX, 2x Corsair XMS2 CL4 )

Well i have absolutly no problem with this Patch...

BUT why!!!!! WHY!! The hell no one noticed that Performance drop???

100 and 1000 of People noticed it just after playing 1 hour with patch 1.05....

So how could this happend? I thought the patch was tested?

I love the new features but performance dropped a 100% compared to 1.04. I had 30 or so hours of fun with MP in 1.04 without any problems. But all MP games with 1.05 were unplayable. After 10 minutes i have no textures, absolutly no sound and 3fps. I hope BIS focuses now on performance and AI so that we can again be happy when the next patch comes. Currently it is not worth patching from 1.02 or 1.04.

EDIT: Now finished my first game without these problems and it was very fun and stable smile_o.gif

Very impressed overall here. The new features make for better gameplay and I am getting no slowdown with everything except post processing on high or very high. AA and AF on High. My PC specs are AMD 64 3700, 2 Gigs PC 2700 RAM, Gainward 7800GS+ 512mb, Audigy 2

Why is the M16A4 limited with RPM in single mode? With every other weapon you can shoot in single mode as fast as you can press the left mouse button. With the M16A4 you have a short delay between the shots.

I have a positive feedback on the patch. Here's what I think is best:

- New ironsights are brilliant.

- Stryker driver view !! Weee !!

- Menus don't look like Amiga anymore. Especially the new MP browser rules.

- You can't simply run through all bushes anymore as if they were paper, yet you can shoot through them.

- I can feel a slight performance increase. Upgraded from 1.02. Still suffer from the ATI driver bug though.

- Game has not crashed to desktop anymore yet, but I restart after an hour because of the above mentioned bug, so that might play a role too.

I did not get around to test the new stuff yet, but I'll definitely do this later in a comprehensive check. Good work so far BIS - love the game more each day. -Thumbs up- yay.gif

I'm very happy with it, NightVision workds properly, I think virtually all of the graphical glitches have went away except for LOD's appearing late or one at a time.

One weird little thing though, the notepad on the breifing screen is just a white rectangle now, the overlay has disappeared.

Seems to be running better as well.

Thanks BIS. I knew you'd come through for us.

I´m happy with this patch! No texture bugs, same FPS and more features.

I think the distance grass looks ok. It looks like the soldiers are sunken down into the ground a bit, its good enough for me. The NV-goggles works much better now! Now you can use them in cities. STOVL is excellent! The gun sights... Wow! Impressiv!

I havent done any deeper performance/bug analysis but the things that I did test works like a charm.

am i the only one here not to have a performance drop here confused_o.gif

Yes, and anyone noticed the performance increase when changing view distance from 500m to 1200m?  rofl.gif

This game is really odd...  wink_o.gif

yeah! and don't forget the performance increase when setting everything to very high...it's totaly crazy i tell you! wow_o.gif

Two things I can't understand. Why is everybody so happy about new ironsights and menus? I can't see the difference. How have those changed? confused_o.gif

Here is a thread about the new ironsights. Watch those movies.

Before the head was stucked to the gun so if the gun shaked the whole view shaked. Now you also can aim freely in the "box" when you have ironsights up (if you have disabled the "freeview box" you wont notice). You can also use trackIR in ironsight view which is a big improvement.

Ok, I understand, but why there seems to be no recoil for M249SAW in the first video?

Is it just me or does enemy AI seem greatly improved but your squadmates remain retards?

For example the early mission where you're part of a 4 man special ops squad assaulting a village, I've watched my squadmates get mowed down by guys in their view that they won't shoot at.

it s a very nice patch, no performance drop at all, superb LOD adjusting, better AI...Im happy :-)

Thanks BIS!

Can someone please make a screenshot ob multiplayer browser, because mine from 1.04 to 1.05 hasnt changed, it is the same as before.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Mar. 04 2007,20:02)]I proudly present the newst and probably the most funny ArmA bug:

Shooting from your chest, without any weapon LOL

watch yourself!

lol!

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Mar. 04 2007,20:02)]I proudly present the newst and probably the most funny ArmA bug:

watch yourself!

did it happen offent? rofl.gif

Well after DL and installing the patch 1.05 I must admit that they are heading in the right direction... BUT still go alot of patching to do....

Some of the new addons need to be looked at....such as the Motobikes..... Bad motor sound....terrible just as bad as the new Harrier sound....also found that the bikes will eject you off the seat when you get some speed...and sometimes just does it at any speed.......

The best thing that come out of the patch was the map responce..... I was really close drawing the line there and now... whistle.gif

all up A good patch for the game and will be looking forward for the next one.....

Brings back memories of the OFP times smile_o.gifnotworthy.gif

watch yourself!

Remove your Mapfact Misc addon.