Sign in to follow this  
fabrizio_t

Patch 1.05 impressions

Hello,

patch 1.05 is out, i thought it was about time to create a feedback thread for it. Post your impressions here.

[me downloading wink_o.gif]

Hello,

patch 1.05 is out, i thought it was about time to create a feedback thread for it. Post your impressions here.

Well how about telling us where your downloading it from.

Hello,

And so instantly the thread is derailed biggrin_o.gif

I'm downloading it now too, but one of the things I'm looking forward to is the new ironsights functionality, especially the TrackIR improvement.

I am impressed that I am getting 26kbs download on a 460 meg file smile_o.gif

Seriously though. I am hoping for increased deddy server performance.

Hello,

Check our pages whistle.gif

Impressed that I cannot even start a download from any of the sites for English v1.05 due to what looks like over demand for the file.

To be honest, clearly more mirrors would have helped all around.

myne was going to be 7hours until it had finished (and im behind a 10mbs server!wink_o.gif however i found another link at OFPEC get it from their im about 8 mins away from getting it. ill post what i think in about 30 mins.

Hello,

I don't see the patch for the 505 version, it would have been nice since there currently are not any decent mirrors.

you can use both patches for 1.04 i did about 2 hours ago..

What i think

AWESOME!!!

- Menus Great

- New Map And Briefing Great

- Ai Tanks Fire Back Awesome

- Harrier STOVL Awesome

- Dont get no dodgy crappy textures when i first load into a map

- MP Screens Awesoem

- No more waiting time when i press M for Map

- Much Much More

Weeee yay.gif

At last downloading the file.

Well, my initial impression will come in about 16 HOURS due a download speed of approx 5kb/s.

Actually my pre-initial impression is not good as they did not providing enough mirrors, considering that the world and everyone including BIS knew this would be a high demand download once it was released.

mad_o.gif

Hello,

I don't see the patch for the 505 version, it would have been nice since there currently are not any decent mirrors.

Well sorry about that, we had to set our priorities and since most of us are germans, eagerly awaiting a better ArmA experience, we chose to go with the full patch first.

Expect mirrors für the 104->105 version to pop up "soon´ish".

BIS is a small company compared to big shots like EA or Ubisoft. I guess they dont have the budget to provide as much mirrors as US companies.

Try the torrents... i'm downloading at 100kb/s now. icon_rolleyes.gifwhistle.gif

I wonder why Fileplanet doesnt have any ArmA updates at all... only the demo. Their IGN download manager is fast even if you dont have a membership account.

Too bad there's no .torrent for the 1.04 -> 1.05 version. I'm downloading the international patch for my 1.04 since it's coming in a lot faster through azureus...

Like said above just use the torrent, i'm getting 400kb/s on it right now.

Need the 1.04 to 1.05 patch.

Downloading the v1.04 to 1.05 patch at 4.52kb/s to complete in 16 hours. Filesize 226Mb.

Now downloading the v1.02 to 1.05 at 51.7kb/s to complete in 2.5 hours. Filesize 461Mb.

the 1.02 to 1.05 works over a 1.04, so get the version you can get the fastest.

For me, halfway through completion, my Torrent suddenly dropped to awefull download rates sad_o.gif

The new ironsights with freeaim are awesome but I still can't play smooth with foliage around sad_o.gif

Got my Armed Assault copy today, right after the patch release. So I'm downloading and installing yay.gif

The new ironsights with freeaim are awesome but I still can't play smooth with foliage around :(

same here

i really like the new server browser and other changes.

But, i see no performance increase whatsoever. i hope there's

a 1.05 tweak(s) hiding somewhere.

I have a question regarding the 1.05 patch. I have the UK version (on DVD), which patch should I download? There isn't a UK specific patch. Do I download the Euro 1.04 to 1.05 patch (226 MB)?

Thanks,

deez

Quote[/b] ]I have a question regarding the 1.05 patch. I have the UK version (on DVD), which patch should I download? There isn't a UK specific patch. Do I download the Euro 1.04 to 1.05 patch (226 MB)?

The one you can download faster, indifferently.

Both are fine i think.

I have a question regarding the 1.05 patch. I have the UK version (on DVD), which patch should I download? There isn't a UK specific patch. Do I download the Euro 1.04 to 1.05 patch (226 MB)?

Thanks,

deez

The European patch (226) is the right one.

Don't try it now though as every fecker is leeching it!  2 hrs for a 4mb connection for me.

People are mentioning mirrors but I'm not sure.  I checked my mirror and there's some ugly bloke looking at me all strangely. crazy_o.gif