Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Alouette II for South Sahrani forces.

What exactly do I have to do in order to import an OFP helicopter addon into Armed Assault? Does it only require config changes or editing of the modell too?

Guest RKSL-Rock
What exactly do I have to do in order to import an OFP helicopter addon into Armed Assault? Does it only require config changes or editing of the modell too?

Creating a few new selections is really all you need to do for the models.  The Config effectively needs starting again to get the best out of it. But its not too hard.

A Darkish blue with silver or white stripes?

Good shout. A UN version would also be cool. smile_o.gif

Always loved any UN addons in OFP, they worked well together no matter which author created them, and can have a place in a huge range of scenarios.

UN version on the way, prepared the config for a civillian, fixed the error so now it has a south sahrani pilot. fixed the shadow, and not only shadow but "self shading".

It was kinda easy,will explain later if someone wonders. (basicly a lod 10 000. Make closed objects, "triangulate" them and inverse and you done).

Also as a bonus, textures not so good but a medevac.

Still looking for a better sound.

Also reworked the cockpit so its more 3d less 2d.

GrandQ, I like your Alouette II, but could you add the small parking wheels at back ends of skis. As a boy, I had been always wondering about their use !

Alouette II

a_s6.jpg

I might do the wheels, its not a piro.

Sound is and making a complete shadow lod. Can get it to cast shadow on other objects but not on itself.

thank you alot, made a sound based on the videos. Have one idea now.

About the stretchers, thank you for the picture but my version will do, its a special Sahrani solution wink_o.gif

Your design is in fact closer to the real crude stretcher carrying device I've seen very often !

Like on this pic :Alouette II sanitaire 2

liked the paint scheme on that one. Think I will make my civillian version something like that.

EDIT. Did my civillian version, the "logo" (the red thing with a elephant) is disabled, but you can put whatever you like with "this setobjecttexture".

a_s7.jpg

I hope you don't mind me messing around with your addon. I never tried adjusting textures/colors in ofp/arma before, so I figured I would give it a try. This would be my personal skin of choice (unless you wanted to incorporate it), because I like the simplistic black, but thats just me. The only thing that needs to be done is to remove the "RACS" and maybe slightly lighten up the color where I put the decals to match the cabin frame. That's also another problem; on the other side the word "Alouette" is reversed. Any way to fix that?

alouette2ma5.jpg

I think the dark blue of french "Gendarmerie" color scheme will be better, well ... it's my opinion. whistle.gif

I hope you don't mind me messing around with your addon. I never tried adjusting textures/colors in ofp/arma before, so I figured I would give it a try. This would be my personal skin of choice (unless you wanted to incorporate it), because I like the simplistic black, but thats just me. The only thing that needs to be done is to remove the "RACS" and maybe slightly lighten up the color where I put the decals to match the cabin frame. That's also another problem; on the other side the word "Alouette" is reversed. Any way to fix that?

i like it.. my next release is planned for 18.000 CET.

I can include it, add me on MSN (daniel$granq.se) and I will fix the things you wanted.

are those ohter 2 skinz of the chopper include the file

it looking nice smile_o.gif

If I could get in contact with rg7621 then I could tell you if his version would get in or not..

not yet.. updated planed for today, got a second mission prepared done as well.

a little innocent bump to let you guys know there been a new version released. Check first page for download url and info.

I got your message too late. I'll send it whenever you want, if you want to include it in your next update.

I got your message too late. I'll send it whenever you want, if you want to include it in your next update.

yeah too bad, but I am a restless guy.

You got my email, so just send away.. cant say if/when I do a new update.

Lovely Update GranQ !  thumbs-up.gif

FYI, you may not have noticed this bug yet ...... invisible below the waterline sad_o.gif

Not sure the solution yet. My ships with paa textures don't have the same trouble. crazy_o.gif

Ka26_4.jpg

And thx for the config ... its great! Help me a lot to get the Ka-26 into the air.

Gnat @ Feb. 26 2007,14:31)]Lovely Update GranQ ! thumbs-up.gif

FYI, you may not have noticed this bug yet ...... invisible below the waterline sad_o.gif

Not sure the solution yet. My ships with paa textures don't have the same trouble. crazy_o.gif

And thx for the config ... its great! Help me a lot to get the Ka-26 into the air.

hehe, nope i never tested that bug.. dont know why, choppers under water, so obious wink_o.gif

Anyway, could it be with the "alpha" order?

Dont think have with the textures to do at all, just guessing here tho.

Have you named your textures something like _co?

EDIT, and btw I love the KA26.. its "cute" =)

GranQ, very nice work on this!

Considering that the tools aren´t available yet this is an excellent work smile_o.gif

Hope you´ll keep it up, other projects in the pipeline?

I assume you can´t do functional weapon models on the helicopter because of the lack of tools?

it should be possible,...its a matter of sorting out the different slection names given in the model (opened with hex editor) and the config files,..i've gottan the gun to fire into the direction i want it to fire,..but yet im unable to turn it nor to make the gunner visible. But sooner or later it should work even without the tools

rockets or guns shouldnt be a problem at all (unless we talking about some sort of turret), but Alouette II isnt a armed chopper (okey there are some versions.. but no)

new projects in the pipeline is airplanes, cooperation with FW200, most "known" i guess for his planes to fdfmod... more information later this week I hope.. to help you with the guessing game on what type plane it could be.. i recommend you to check this page out and read alittle.

Mod Koh Pulau Hompage (read the "about" section)

any guesses? wink_o.gif