Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Alouette II for South Sahrani forces.

One of the most beautiful planes ever build.. a catalina <:|

ah good guess, even I forgot about that. (that there is one screen)

Anyway, I was thinking about the "story". There is a soviet build airport == soviet, it is impossible to guess but a soviet plane it is.

Got the wheels rolling, the gear animated the rudder to turn.

Just few more things and a mission then it will be released.

That sounds very interesting, is it a small jet like mig-17 or a prop driven plane? Some tips please wink_o.gif

That sounds very interesting, is it a small jet like mig-17 or a prop driven plane? Some tips please wink_o.gif

prop mid seize.. thinking I should tell you but nahh, this more fun.

"wasted" 3 hours on installing my new computer.. but its nice be on a new computer =)

Prop or Turboprop? If prop then I think its an An2 smile_o.gif

turboprop, 2 engines.. its really hard because its not the first one you think of =)

Think I will get a screen uploaded soon, but dont want to show it off in the current skin but in the north sahrani one.

EDIT.

All flight controls working (Flaps, rudder and so on)

Left to do is the north sahrani skin, commandbar picture, maybe a map icon and the demo mission..

oh and almost forgot, heres the first screen

guess.jpg

EDIT2!!!

Discussion about the Be32 will now be in its own thread.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1;top

Very nice addons...BE32 and Alouette

With that said I got a bug for you on the Alouette, one you might already be aware of maybe..Didnt see mention of it in this thread or in readme so here it is...

Pilots encased in a glass fishbowl don't take any damage when fired upon, happened up on this by accident, then when he didnt yell "Number 2 Cease Fire" I tested further...

Look at screenshot here

as you can see it was point blank range and I shot 21 rounds into him and Christ he's still got his awkward little smile on his face..

----situation----

Was in Editor

had one Alouette Medivac down to test cargo positions, he was set to playable, I set another basic RAC Rifleman and set him to Player...

After figuring pilot took 0 damage, I swapped Medi out for reg. Alou. same thing....

Bug? or maybe limitation of modding as of right now with what we have to work with Ex. Getting new addons in game without tools

My 10 yr old son would bring that thing down with his wrist rocket and a marble with about two shots, just seems the pilots would take some damage...

Never even tested to see if helo itself was taking damage..

ah thats a bug... no update really planned this year (will fix, improve for koh pulau project later on, but that could be way in 2008).. so thanks for the bug report. Will I know later, but I wont patch this anymore.

this is such a cool little addon. I really hope you put some real meat and bones on it graphically once the tools come out.

Hey granQ, this little addon of yours got some print time - saw a little feature of it in this month's "Micro Simulateur" magazine... didn't read the text cause I was in a hurry at the airport, but when I saw it I just knew I had to give you a heads-up! Cheers!

yay.gif

BUZZARD @ April 28 2007,20:38)]Hey granQ, this little addon of yours got some print time - saw a little feature of it in this month's "Micro Simulateur" magazine... didn't read the text cause I was in a hurry at the airport, but when I saw it I just knew I had to give you a heads-up! Cheers!

yay.gif

what.. i need to see that =)

Yes, I also saw it, I don't remember if I bought it, I will look for it in my shelves.

EDIT : It's a French Magazine about simulation btw.