Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

Thanks Spinal Tap 84 that new patch fixed all the errors, now everything works fine.

No problem, glad to help.

TB, would it be possible to have helicopter pilots with rifles for both sides?  I know this isn't a major issue with the "addweapon" command, but it would make life easier.  The original BIS pilots had rifles, and the pistols are very weak.  I have seen many pictures of US Army helicopter pilots in Iraq with M4's.  They even are able to stuff them inside the cockpit of an AH-64.  160th SOAR crews have been carrying M4's on their aircraft since the mid 90's.  On the Russian side of things, I can recall pictures of Soviet pilots in the Afghan war with rifles and ammo pouches on a chest rig.  Plus seeing as the Mi-8/17 and the Mi-24 are fairly large aircraft it would be very plausible that they would have rifles on board.

Not the best I could do, but here are some decent pictures:

Soviet Mi-24 gunner in Afghanistan with Krinkov

US Army OH-58 crew with M4's in Iraq

Kiowa crew with M4 and mag pouches

One more I just found:

Russian fixed wing pilots with Krinkov's

Quote[/b] ]On the Russian side of things, I can recall pictures of Soviet pilots in the Afghan war with rifles and ammo pouches on a chest rig.

Afghan war?? rofl.gif But why not WW2 or WW1?? When there was a war in Afghanistan? This is mod FFUR/SLX 2007 tounge2.gif

TB, about "call artillery support" for russian side. What do you think about "Artillery Rockets - BM-21 GRAD" or "Artillery Rockets - BM-30 Smerch"? Some links about it (on english) GRAD and Smerch

With Description (History;Technical description; Specifications; Fighting application), pictures and video.

Afghan war?? rofl.gif But why not WW2 or WW1?? When there was a war in Afghanistan? This is mod FFUR/SLX 2007 tounge2.gif

TB, about "call artillery support" for russian side. What do you think about "Artillery Rockets - BM-21 GRAD" or "Artillery Rockets - BM-30 Smerch"? Some links about it (on english) GRAD and Smerch

With Description (History;Technical description; Specifications; Fighting application), pictures and video.

I am surprised that someone who has "Born in USSR" in his signature does not know when the Soviet war in Afghanistan took place.  It was fought from 1979  to 1989.  The war only ended 18 years ago.  The reason why a picture of a Russian air crewman from the Afghan war would still be sort of relevant is because they used airframes that are still in service (Mi-24 and Mi-8).  I am simply trying to illustrate that it is feasible for helicopter pilots to carry rifles because I know this mod strives for realism.

This is interesting:

Russian fixed wing pilots with Krinkov's

Quote[/b] ]I am surprised that someone who has "Born in USSR" in his signature does not know when the Soviet war in Afghanistan took place.  It was fought from 1979  to 1989.  The war only ended 18 years ago.

"When there was a war in Afghanistan?"

It was a rhetorical question on which it was not necessary to answer. rofl.gif If you didn't understend sorry. smile_o.gif I mean that mod is 2007 but Afghan war ended in 15.02.1989 tounge2.gif

I have already published link about air crewman before. But can say that they still use compact model AK smile_o.gif

Here some link of air crewman (1; 2)

There are link where you can find pic of russian soldiers and technics.

CHECHNYA - FACES OF WAR (400 photos)

CHECHNYA - TECHNICS (70 photos)

CHECHNYA - PHOTO GALLERYES (474 photos)

ok i have been playing slx now for a week or so and its time for my complaints....

1. there's NO Barney characters!!! how can you have a game with no Barney? I am shocked and dismayed that you simply left out the most famous purple dinosaur of all.

2. None of the Ai speak spanglish!!!! holy gaucamole batman!!! how is that possible? and whats with all the blanket people (my grandma used to make afghans but i didnt know the russian army did)

3. Why isnt there a Starbucks building added in? HOW in hell am I supposed to make a realistic mission when I cant even have my guys raid a Starbucks for some Lattes?

So you see i have some SERIOUS complaints about this mod with the way the realism is handled. Try and keep up with the real world here people.

P.S. i cant find the George Bush addon so I can have him blown on sitting on the john in one of my missions.

ok i have been playing slx now for a week or so and its time for my complaints....

1. there's NO Barney characters!!! how can you have a game with no Barney? I am shocked and dismayed that you simply left out the most famous purple dinosaur of all.

2. None of the Ai speak spanglish!!!! holy gaucamole batman!!! how is that possible? and whats with all the blanket people (my grandma used to make afghans but i didnt know the russian army did)

3. Why isnt there a Starbucks building added in? HOW in hell am I supposed to make a realistic mission when I cant even have my guys raid a Starbucks for some Lattes?

So you see i have some SERIOUS complaints about this mod with the way the realism is handled. Try and keep up with the real world here people.

P.S. i cant find the George Bush addon so I can have him blown on sitting on the john in one of my missions.

Jesus H, man!

Are´you on crack or what? rofl.gif

What Barney?

What "spanglish", its english or spanish?

And why are you talking only about slx?this is FFUR/SLX MOD.

banghead.gifthumbs-up.gifgoodnight.gif

Wow, that was the most lamest post I've just about read in my entire life. crazy_o.gif And I've seen some crazy crap being posted(Even those pr0n posting bots on another forum makes more sence crazy_o.gif )! band.gif

njmatrix: I do appreciate your humour but please keep the thread on topic.

ShmUlker & Snipal Tap: Pilots of both sides would have rifles instead of pistols, not only because of a matter of realism but there is an issue with animations in the water after bailing out if they would be using pistols.

Btw, shmulker thank you for the russian soldiers picture you sent me a while ago, for some reasons, I just found it in my "unwanted box" of hotmail.

Snipal tap: Once again, thank you for your ongoing support.

Quote[/b] ]TB, about "call artillery support" for russian side. What do you think about "Artillery Rockets - BM-21 GRAD" or "Artillery Rockets - BM-30 Smerch"? Some links about it

That could be simulated as well since both of supports are simulation-based scripts, it means that there no "real" vehicles in game that support you.

Quote[/b] ]I've installed the FFUR/SLX mod and the first thing i've saw is that AI is less smart than the previous version of the mod.AI soldiers take a lot of time to aim at you

There is actually a continued research in order to figure out this issue, it seems to be due to the amount of AI scripts that are simultaneously running in game.

Regards,

TB

Its funny that someone used word Krinkov for AK-74U rofl.gif I think it is only used in the US, most non-Americans have no idea what that means. Even people in the US don't know why they use name Krinkov for AK-74U. No criticism here, just helping those who don't know what the fuck is Krinkov.

TB gave a good reason why the pilots would get the guns, but in reality not all the pilots are armed with 74SU or M4. At the begining of the second Iraq campaign, many US tank crew guys were complaining about the shortage of the rifles. Many of them just had sidearms only. Same goes for the pilots, not all of them were armed with M4 or M16. They were picking up the AK's from the conquered enemies. It is not a very well known fact, but it is true. Not everything in the military is tip top, shit happens. Russians had the same problems in Afganistan and Chechya. So a pilot with a pistol in OFP is not such a bad idea wink_o.gif But, like TB said, they can't swim with just pistols. But if you really want to create REALITY in OFP, stop heicopter pilots from ejecting from choppers!!!!!!!!! The only chopper in the world that allows ejection is Ka-50. Implement that in OFP and then talk about realism! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]I've installed the FFUR/SLX mod and the first thing i've saw is that AI is less smart than the previous version of the mod.AI soldiers take a lot of time to aim at you

I don't know if you're using SamotH's addition (if that affects anything) or any other version because the AI when I play are pretty good shots at long distances. Also what level of skill do you have them set at (default?) because for me, when I raise or lower it I notice the reaction time and their increased/decreased use of flanking tactics and suppressive fire.

This is a great mod. However, it is not so friendly to low performance computer. Besides, if the ffur team could make a campaign based on this mod, that would be perfect!!

I know this isn't directly related to the game, but why is it so darn hard to find Russians in matching uniforms in the pictures I have seen, much less full and orderly gear?

Edit: In real life

TB, thanks for your answer smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]That could be simulated as well since both of supports are simulation-based scripts, it means that there no "real" vehicles in game that support you.

I understand that you want to made it as now for US side. I just mean that for US side it's air support but for RU side artillery support. But not use howitzer. When i told about Artillery Rockets - BM-21 GRAD i mean to use characteristics and video of it for creation of animations. For the guerrilla it is possible to use jet uncontrollable rockets. They very much are not exact and at them a small zone of defeat. But they are mobile and are used by them.

But if you really want to create REALITY in OFP, stop heicopter pilots from ejecting from choppers!!!!!!!!! The only chopper in the world that allows ejection is Ka-50. Implement that in OFP and then talk about realism!  icon_rolleyes.gif

I enjoy COMmunist's insight here.

The only problem with implementing that level of Realism in regards to Helo'pilots ejection issue is that in OFP you cannot simulate Auto-rotation for Helicopters once they are hit.

In OFP helo's simply drop like a rock as soon as they get damaged disallowing any instance of 'simulated' auto-rotation to occur. That being the case the game does not do well in simulating tail-rotor failures either and thus the resulting uncontrolled pitch, yaw and roll occurances that can literally tear a helo apart in midair. Although that instance is rare in itself, and by which main rotor de-evolutionary damage can more pronouncedly produce this result, you see yet again another limitation of the game engine we all very much play to enjoy.

I would love total realism myself. However, I stop short of stepping onto the battlefield anymore due to my own inherent limitations at the game engine employed in completely realistic environments.

rofl.gif

Wook [iDGN]

[Edit: You cannot 'lag-free' script that level of Auto-rotation. This would be a more appropriate comment to have applied in the first statement. I've seen it implemented in another mod for OFP, but, its not lag-free by a longshot.]

Its funny that someone used word Krinkov for AK-74U rofl.gif  I think it is only used in the US, most non-Americans have no idea what that means. Even people in the US don't know why they use name Krinkov for AK-74U. No criticism here, just helping those who don't know what the fuck is Krinkov.

Shouldn't it be the AKS-74U?  Sorry I keep forgetting that the term "Krinkov" is distinct to US firearms enthusiasts.  Yeah and I really don't know how or why it is called that, but it's a catchy nick name.  Thanks for clearing that up though.

I have FFUR/SLX 2007 with FFSX 2007 Extra Pack v3 and I found some bugs in this version.

1. I tried to get into water as a pilot with a pistol when suddenly my gun disappeared and I was stuck in water with no way to get out. I think it is a bug.

errorbx1.th.jpg

2. I tried to call an air strike when suddenly game crashed and got out to windows.

I have FFUR/SLX 2007 with FFSX 2007 Extra Pack v3 and I found some bugs in this version.

1. I tried to get into water as a pilot with a pistol when suddenly my gun disappeared and I was stuck in water with no way to get out. I think it is a bug.

2. I tried to call an air strike when suddenly game crashed and got out to windows.

No worries, both bugs have been reported and will be fixed in the upcomming patch.

njmatrix,

The majority have understood your joke, but have not estimated. Therefore anybody especially has not answered.

Problems:

-AI persists to shoot in one direction after AI squad/team leader give commands.

-Vehicles fly when grenades make direct contact with them.

Hi everyone,

As previously announced, Here is the new patch (1.01) that fixes up numereous bugs and glitches, and which features several enhancements intended to improve the gameplay significantly.

bannerhy1.jpg

Fixed: Grenades don't make vehicles fly.

Fixed: Limited the use of the air support and the newly added artillery support. (1 x Air support/ 2x artillery requests)

Fixed: T-90 Reloading time decreased with the aim to have 8 shots per minute.

Fixed: Ability to swim for Helicopter and Jet fighter pilots, plus, they carry rifles instead of pistols now.

Fixed/Added: Added a crosshair to the russian NSV as well as suited 12.7mm green tracers.

Fixed/Added: Fixed "Air Support" CTD and added a realistic ability to call allied artillery support, now russian troops can use the artillery support as well.

Fixed/Added: Updated several firearms sounds effects and replaced most of them by louder and slightly more realistic ones.

Added: NVGs to all US regular troops.

Added: Dust and Water effect to helicopters.

Added: Russian Radio R109 to russian army personnel instead of the PRC-119 (SINCGARS) which is US, Resistance troops use stolen R109 as well.

Improved: Tanks gunner sights.

Improved: Mod's configuration.

Improved: Slightly enhanced AI abilities.

Model Additions:

[*]2S6M Tunguska Anti-Aircraft Artillery (Authentic Mode by the DKM Team MOD, this armored vehicle uses a realistic loadout).

-In addition to the 8 mounted ready missiles two additional missiles can be carried inside. Range out to 10 km for hovering aircraft and low flying targets. There is a 2S6M1 variant/upgrade, which has improved missile control, range and altitude capabilities of 1.5-10 km, and 0.015-6 km respectively. An artist`s concept of the Soviet ZSU-X anti-aircraft system was released by the US Department of Defense in January 1987. However, as of November 1997 the 2S6M1 was not known to be fielded.

(According to Fas.org)

[*]M6 Bradley Linebacker (Authentic Model by Combat Team Mod, this armored vehicle uses a realistic loadout)

-The Linebacker’s combined arms mission is to provide air defense force protection to forward area heavy maneuver combat forces, combat support elements, and other critical assets from attack by enemy Rotary Wing (RW), Fixed Wing (FW), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), and Cruise Missiles (CMs). Air Defense battalions in the heavy divisions employ the BL. The Linebacker provides heavy maneuver forces with dedicated air defense fire power: the modified fire control subsystem fires the Stinger missile from the turret while the four- man squad remains under armor and on the move. Targeting data is provided by Forward Area Air Defense (FAAD) Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence (C3I). This C3I complement provides early warning/alerting, the complete air picture, slew-to-cue, and target identification friend or foe (IFF).

(According to Fas.org)

[*]T-62 (Authentic Models by the RHS Team Mod, 2 variants are available, one for the russian side and another one for the resistance side, this armored vehicle uses a realistic loadout).

-The T-62 is a further step in the line of development begun with the T-54/55 series, entering production in 1961 and remaining in production until 1975. It became the standard main battle tank in Soviet tank and motorized rifle units, gradually replacing the T-54 and T-55. The T-62A variant first appeared in 1970. By the 1980s it was replaced by the new generation T-64/T-72/T-80 tanks as the first-line Soviet main battle tank.

(According to Fas.org)

[*]F-15C Eagle (Authentic Model by footmunch, Air-to-Air [AMRAAM, SIDEWINDER, CANNON] variant, this aircraft uses a realistic loadout)

-The F-15 Eagle is an all-weather, extremely maneuverable, tactical fighter designed to gain and maintain air superiority in aerial combat. The Eagle's air superiority is achieved through a mixture of maneuverability and acceleration, range, weapons and avionics. The F-15 has electronic systems and weaponry to detect, acquire, track and attack enemy aircraft while operating in friendly or enemy-controlled airspace. Its weapons and flight control systems are designed so one person can safely and effectively perform air-to-air combat. It can penetrate enemy defense and outperform and outfight current or projected enemy aircraft.

(According to Fas.org)

Download: FFUR/SLX 2007 Patch 1.01 (Filefront Mirror) (173 MB) FFUR/SLX 2007 Extra Pack (By SamotH)

(The FFUR/SLX 2007 1.0 Main Pack is required)

Mirrors would be greatly appreciated.

Installation Instructions:

This file is an archive, all you have to do is to extract its content ("ffsx2007" folder) to your operation flashpoint folder and overwrite the old files with the new ones when you would be asked to do it.

Thank you for your ongoing support and huge thanks to all of the Mod and Addons makers behind the models used in the FFUR MOD,

Thanks to Shmulker for the russian picture used as the patch's banner.

Have fun and Long live Operation Flashpoint!

smile_o.gif

Regards,

TB

Thanks for the patch TB.

I remember asking for modern AA systems to be added a good number of pages back. Good to see them back in FFUR.

The F-15 and T-62 are also excellent choices.

I found some bugs in the latest patch 1.01 with Extra Pack v3.

After I died from artillery, corpse and weapon of the soldier carried on very weird, corpse and weapon was levitating without any gravity, just like a balloon.

error1kv8.th.jpg

When I activate ACOG in my weapon in water, soldier is stuck in the water with no way to get out.

error2sa5.th.jpg

Having played ofp since day one, this has to be the best ofp mod I have ever used. Nice work Thunderbird. wink_o.gif

BigUzi