Sign in to follow this  
leehy

www.buyarma.com

I purchased and received a DVD copy of the game from buyArmA as promised. I would say that purchasing the special box version might be harder considering the suspicious packaging.

BIS and publishers made a mistake for letting that site actually exist. Sometimes consumers need to be protected.

Ehrm?

As if publishers or bis can take someone else's company or site down? you gotto be joking right?

I won't go into details but it's possible.

Anyway what should have been done at least was a big fat sticky in ARMA:General with a message not to buy ARMA from buyarma.com and ban all people affiliated with the buyarma site.

If an ammo box which does not contain ammo gets stopped in the border of your country then what is happening to this World? I mean, a box containing a computer game can't be a threat to national safety or can it?

Not that I could say that is the case now, just wondering how the system works.

You mean to tell me that they don't look inside it? How can "it got stopped at customs" be a valid excuse?

"Ammo box, grab it."

"I'll just look inside sir.."

"No no, dont bother, just bin it."

wth? crazy_o.gif

If an ammo box which does not contain ammo gets stopped in the border of your country then what is happening to this World? I mean, a box containing a computer game can't be a threat to national safety or can it?

Not that I could say that is the case now, just wondering how the system works.

It doesn't happen it's just a bullshit excuse. You can pretty much send anything over mail.

Okay - let's get that straight.

- Someone set up a website offering you to buy Arma special editions when you send the money in advantage.

- You transfer the money in advance, without any written or electronic contract.

- This 'companys' employees inform you through MSN messenger about the status of your order.

- You paid 3 months ago and still have not got anything, and the guys stopped answering your requests.

You know what I call that ? Plain and simple scam. You know what ? The Nigerians do it all the time ! Seriously .. it's a well known betrayal industry. Google it up.

So what to do ? Let's see. Coincidentially I am living in Germany and might help out.

So let's see who is the responsible person for this website:

Quote[/b] ]

domain: buyarma.com

owner-c: LULU-9416191

admin-c: LULU-9416191

tech-c: LULU-616625

zone-c: LULU-616625

nserver: ns1.hosting-agency.de

nserver: ns3.hosting-agency.de

created: 2006-10-28 14:51:04

expire: 2007-10-28 13:51:03 (registry time)

changed: 2006-10-30 03:00:36

[owner-c] handle: 9416191

[owner-c] type: PERSON

[owner-c] title:

[owner-c] fname: Makan

[owner-c] lname: Sheida

[owner-c] org:

[owner-c] address: West Str. 137

[owner-c] city: Ahlen

[owner-c] pcode: 59227

[owner-c] country: DE

[owner-c] state: DE

[owner-c] phone: +49-2382-703158

[owner-c] email: makan@gmx.net

[owner-c] protection: B

[owner-c] updated: 2006-10-28 14:48:03

There you go .. he is the responsible person. Name, Address, Phone number. Have complaints ? You should contact the responsible person, since posting on this Forums won't get you a penny back.

And another thing: The guy lives in Germany and is obviously earning money with the site. So the site is in violation with MULTIPLE German laws and regulations concerning the content of commercial websites. ( The biggest one is, that there is no "Impressum" which shows the name and contact credentials of the responsible person .. but that's what you got Foxes for )

Hope that helps.

The guy seems to have delivered to a lot of people, i don't think he wants to screw you over, it's just that you ordered 25 friggin ammo crates worth of PC game goodness.

Actually Fox, I seem to remember him talking about his Impressum, so I imagine that he does have one... wink_o.gif

I agree that this should be dealt somewhere else than these forums.

Best advice is, keep on trying to contact the person in charge directly, there you have his contact information. No need to bring all this into these forums. If you can't get through to the person, you could take the case to the German police to sort it out, I am sure some friendly German people from these forums can help you do that. Maybe there is just a misunderstanding from either side.

The guy seems to have delivered to a lot of people, i don't think he wants to screw you over, it's just that you ordered 25 friggin ammo crates worth of PC game goodness.

Nothing weird about that. The website guy approved the order so he should perform. Especially when payment is already done.

And he may have sent the other orders out but there were also a lot of orders problematic and some people are still waiting. If he isn't able to fulfill his duties, he shouldn't offer his service.

It's as simple as that.

I Dont think this is a scam i think honest intentions have been misinterpreted through a lack of communication from the selling party. I feel that all this could have been avoided if buyarma.com just simply kept its customers regulary informed, its good business practice and customers feel more at ease when they know WHY the delay is occuring.

It could be the case that buyArma.com have simply been overwhelmed by orders they cannot fullil and have simply given up relpying to queries as there is no update to the situation.

Causing the above example could also be the fact that the special edition is no doubt LIMITED EDITION as producing them isnt going to cheap for a small publisher. This implies not many copies being in circulation. I can see how trying to obtain 25X copies for 1 customer alone could prove difficult, especially when there are other orders to fullil

I would try one more time to get a reponse ftom buyarma.com but be polite and simply ask why the delay is occuring. Death threats etc.. are not going to speed up the shipping of your copy wink_o.gif

If you are still still being ignored then the useful WHOIS info in the previous post will help you take formal action. Im sure there are plenty of Germans here who will be able to help you file a complaint with the relevent government agency

However i could just be plain sceptical and say its a scam, good job im not feeling all that cynical today biggrin_o.gif

I checked out the site somewhat more, and the address mentioned in the whois is stated on the site as well. So it does at least give you a name and address of someone you can refer to. Still can not find a real Impressum though.

I still think more than one aspect of the site seems fishy to me. The overall look is "A la geocities" and claims like

Quote[/b] ]"The only source for non-Germans to get the game from", "The only place to ship ArmA 2 days before release ! (28.10.2006)"
or
Quote[/b] ]"Game delivery ON DAY OF RELEASE +2(Europe) / +5(USA) (maximum) due to special contract with wholesale!!"
just raise an alarm flag. But I am a paranoid person I have to say heh.

Fact is: The site guarantees delivery of the game 5 days after you place the order. At the max. How long has passed now the poster said ? Hmm 3 months lol.

So scam or not. You should contact the Buyarma owner. wink_o.gif

Isn't releasing such personnal information about someone against the forum rules?

On he other hand, maybe this thread should be closed, and a mod create a sticky warning people about the risks of www.buyarma.com to protect the community.

I beg to differ.

I didn't want to 'go public' and give the guy the benefit of the doubt but something is definitly rotten here. He might have started out with good intentions but something's gone seriously wrong.

Once, he refused to answer my e-mails for almost 2 weeks, when he resurfaced, he sent me 4 links showing how Germany had had major storms and thats why he could't answer me. yet, I had seen him on this forum during that time, offering up his services.

How hard could it be to refund my money? I've sent him request after request via paypal.

Frankly I'm chalking this one up as a loss, lesson learned, but knowing the fact that he's still making money hurting other people really gets under my skin.

By all means this discussion should just not be on the BIS forums.

It´s neither a BIS issue, nor is the responsible person a BIS employee. There is a website , there is a contact adress and there is a person you can make responsible for your bad deals. But it has simply nothing to do with the BIS forums, so imo Mods should have already jumped in and keep this from the forums as it has no relevance whatsoever.

Furthermore: Posting clear user-data on a public forum without permission from the user in question is illegal.

After looking at www.buyarma.com, I can honestly say that I would never give them any of my money, even if they were promising eternal life. Spelling mistakes, occasional poor English and a very cheap and as someone said "a la geocities" look do not do anything good for potential buyers. Obviously this guy is just going to the shops, buying a few copies and shoving them in the postbox... Unless he can't be bothered.

Only buy things from good sites that you know you can trust.

I bet $50 the next post is a mod closing this topic.

EDIT: Desertfox, I think you should edit that guy's personal info out of your post up there...

It´s neither a BIS issue, nor is the responsible person a BIS employee. There is a website , there is a contact adress and there is a person you can make responsible for your bad deals. But it has simply nothing to do with the BIS forums, so imo Mods should have already jumped in and keep this from the forums as it has no relevance whatsoever.

Furthermore: Posting clear user-data on a public forum without permission from the user in question is illegal.

I think it is well placed on this forum to prevent other from doing the same mistake.

Quote[/b] ]Furthermore: Posting clear user-data on a public forum without permission from the user in question is illegal.

He is doing money with selling Copys of ArmA (online shop)

he is not a User he is a "employer". So why should it be a problem by posting his contact information which you also can get on his webpage?

What makes me a little bit thoughtfully how he got those 25SE boxes from morphicon. Was this a special deal between him and morphicon because there where only 1000 SE´s sold in germany. And correct me if iam wrong but one person only could order 3or5 SE boxes. Have you ever seen a photo of those 25 boxes maybe the problem is he didn´t have 25SE´s because you can´t buy it in stores?

Let me see if you dont´t get in contact with him and i find the time this week, i will give it a try to get him on phone i think its easier to clear things in german.

Ordering 25 Special Editions internationaly sounds like a pretty stupid idea to me no matter who you ordered it from.

I think it is well placed on this forum to prevent other from doing the same mistake.

Quote[/b] ]Furthermore: Posting clear user-data on a public forum without permission from the user in question is illegal.

He is doing money with selling Copys of ArmA (online shop)

he is not a User he is a "employer". So why should it be a problem by posting his contact information which you also can get on his webpage?

What makes me a little bit thoughtfully how he got those 25SE boxes from morphicon. Was this a special deal between him and morphicon because there where only 1000 SE´s sold in germany. And correct me if iam wrong but one person only could order 3or5  SE boxes. Have you ever seen a photo of those 25 boxes maybe the problem is he didn´t have 25SE´s because you can´t buy it in stores?

Let me see if you dont´t get in contact with him and i find the time this week, i will give it a try to get him on phone i think its easier to clear things in german.

I was remeber SOBR what he said on MSN

I said, if i get all games i will pay more, than he said

"Friends are more important than money, do not give me money"

and NOW? he got 2500USD and hidden

huh.gif

Nice offer bionic ! thumbs-up.gif good on ya.

But your right, that was not "personal information", that was the details of a registered business.

It is odd that he hasnt posted in this thread, he has posted elsewhere within the last 2 days.

Anyway, his "communications with the customer" were quite fine for our purchases, but we individually purchased copies and certainly didn't take the RISKY idea of trying to importing the SE versions.

Posting clear user-data on a public forum without permission from the user in question is illegal.

There is no law at this forum stating this, so it is not illegal. The domain registrar info Desertfox posted is publicly available for everyone to read. It is not confidential information.

I thought this thread was about promoting Arma to the masses. 'boy was I wrong.

Please contact the person responsible of that site by other means than this forum.

I think this thread has served its purpose now so I am closing it.