Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Ask a moderator about the forum and the rules

Could a mod please correct my missprint of my topic title in ArmA Troubleshooting. I meant to type "Above the recommended specs, still runs like a 3 legged dog." Not sure how I screwed it up, but I cannot edit the title from my end.

Thanks.

BB

The topic title is simply too long, that's why it was cut at the 'l' from 'legged'.

I edited the topic, looks better now. wink_o.gif

BTW: For such things, it's better to PM a moderator of your choice then asking about it here. It's usually faster too smile_o.gif

I wondered if you could make this one a sticky as it´s already filling up with good suggestions and could be of use for BIS and future Arma versions: Editor suggestions thread

Any list-type collection would be much better suited for the Wiki than the forum, as it can be easily edited and updated by anyone interested, and it won't be "swept away" by newer posts.

I would suggest to create something similar to the ArmA Wish List, and to transfer the discussion content there.

(If you need help with creating a new article on the Wiki, just PM me.)

Why are you (seemingly) the only organisation that declares Ikea as a terrorist-organization? crazy_o.gif

Who classes Ikea as a terrorist-organization? crazy_o.gif

Why are you (seemingly) the only organisation that declares Ikea as a terrorist-organization? crazy_o.gif

No idea what you're talking about, but you're in danger of being declared a "spamming organization" and given another box... whistle.gif

Maybe you should look a bit harder.

And I wasn't spamming, so no need for insult. And, I've had these boxes for 10 months now, to lazy too ask the moderators to take them away.

Can't even remember who gave me them crazy_o.gif

Well, well, I can give you a hint, the answer is just a few threads below the Ask a mod-thread, ok?

Wex-q, its called satire.

The dictionary describes it as:

Quote[/b] ]• noun 1 the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people’s stupidity or vices

And I really dont think theres much need to ask the mods about it, its fairly clear..

wex-q

When you ask about an incident or a specific post, then please add the link to the thread in question or at least tell us where to find it. And not making 3 posts adding 'hints' to it as if we got other stuff to do then following hints. smile_o.gif

Thanks

My excuse, I'm tired and bored, didn't mean to waste your valuable time smile_o.gif

And DeadMeatX2, yeah, good point! I'm such a n00b smile_o.gif

The thread I was refering to is the War against terror-thread, which has "Al Qaeda, Afghanistan, Chechnya, Ikea." as subtitle.

Sorry if it was a waste of time, but actually, I am wondering why Ikea ever was put there?

Just as a joke I presume, and maybe only RalphWiggum, the threadstarter can answer that tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]I am wondering why Ikea ever was put there?

I work in a factory manufacturing Ikea furniture parts, and I can swear to you it is sheer terror every single day...

Is it me or is the background completely white?

One would think they are preparing it to put into a wrapper in their new bistudio.com site... But I truelly hope that this is a very very temporary setup which will soon be replaced by finally a new forum running on new software that lives up to present day technology, expectations and user friendlyness... imho a much needed step smile_o.gif

The background is the same blue its always been on my end.

Try clearing your browser's cache.

Cleared out the cahce, still white.

Right click -> Show background =

404 - Not Found

The requested URL /pics/forums/back.gif was not found on this server.

My friend got white both before and after clearing the cache.

And some images (I noticed the "Moved Topic") and also the table wich holds the posting-panel has a black border aroung it.

Looks a bit off, not that it really bothers.

Probably some random html-problem though and no real problem.

Just something to get stuck on tounge2.gif

EDIT: Checked if I didn't have access to bistudio.com, but I did.

Although, the first folder of the site /pics/ is seeminly non-existant aswell.

Link

The background is the same blue its always been on my end.

Try clearing your browser's cache.

Cleared cache;

Rebooted;

Still the same, maybe they (accidentaly) deleted too many images (or the entire folder, forgetting some things from the forum were in it...)

same here - Although its now changed from a white to a less intense 'off white'

sounds more like your DNS hasn't updated yet shadow?

We're aware of the missing background...

I think it looks better this way. Any way of keeping it white, or maybe a light blue?

Abs

I think hat "BI STUDIOS" or whatever it was tiled accross te back, looks best.

Question:

On 25th of June I added an Arma 1.08 face reference plus a tutorial

to the Biki page dealing with setFace

On 16th of august I added a link to an online face gallery I created

to the same page.

Both of them were deleted by Planck with the comment "unsuitable link".

I just don´t understand the reason why.

Both are hotlinked over at OFPEC, while I also do think that they were in the right place on the BIS biki as people who want to use the command will probably aswell search for the faces in question and maybe are happy about a little tutorial on how to implement such.

What´s the deal ?!?

setFace Biki page

Check history to see the changes.

Apart from that, the setIdentity page is linking to outdated Arma faces as they have been updated with 1.08, but I certainly do not feel arsed to correct that anymore...

I reverted the changes in the wiki to include the tutorials and online gallery and moved the links to the notes section. The See Also links should point to other scripting commands. If the links need updating please update them.

If you have a problem with the wiki feel free to PM me, the Ask A mod thread is more suited for forum questions.

Hoz