Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Ask a moderator about the forum and the rules

Would this topic not be better in this forum ?

smile_o.gif

indeed.. but next time.. send a pm wink_o.gif

Is it moderator policy not to answer PM's?

Of course not.

But if you are simply posting this question in an attempt to wind people up find another hobby.

Is it moderator policy not to answer PM's?

Of course not.

But if you are simply posting this question in an attempt to wind people up find another hobby.

Of course not. Should I resend my PM?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA rofl.gif

My hat's off to the moderator who gave Hooahman his title! biggrin_o.gif

So as this post doesn't become spam: Do you folks need any help migrating the forums over to another version of software?

Abs

Do you folks need any help migrating the forums over to another version of software?

No thanks. BIS will be doing that at some point.

Do you folks need any help migrating the forums over to another version of software?

No thanks. BIS will be doing that at some point.

When Jesus returns to earth, or when the BIS IT guy returns from hibernation, probably the former tounge2.gif

On the issue of innovative custom user titles: Just look at mine, truelly cool and inventful, must have taken Shadow ages to come up with this... nener.gif

Perhaps Kegetys would be interested in adapting his Game2 name generator for the moderators' sake (and ours) into a custom title generator...One Click Ridicule ©

quote @ hooahman

ah yes... They finally gave you a title! I don't have one because they can't figure me out... I am everywhere and nowhere. And it's been scientifically proven that I could travel around the world and roundhouse kick you yesterday!

(Sorry for the randomness... I'll return to my cage... tounge2.gif )

As the regular RTM seems to get handled by a variety of mods without crosschecking with other mods I will take this approach to actually ask for the removal and permantent ban of INNOCENT&CLUELESS from the BIS boards for not only the reasons that are already well known but for the latest accusations from him towards me and others.

Detailed:

Quote[/b] ]thousands of customers is almost criminal, and froggy, scrub, Balschow and all the other fanboys sharing this somehow criminal mind set

This is the point where it crosses a limit for me.

Labelling me and others of sharing a criminal mindset is nothing but flaming and unfounded accusations from a person who actually seems to know little about what we have posted and are posting here at the forums.

I have always highlighted the bugs and issues with Arma since day 1, that was prior the german DVD release when playtesting at a german magazine, and allegating me and others with sharing a "criminal mindset" just goes over the top. It shows how uninformed I&C is, how narrow - minded he is, as I repeatedly reminded that I have always been a critic towards Arma and putting me and others on a level with people who have, or are sharing a criminal mindset is not just only unjustified and unfounded but also over the line of violating personal integrity.

I will send this post to mods aswell as I see no reason to keep a flamebaiting, unconstructive, lying and permantently flaming piece of crap here at the BIS forums which once have been a quite mature place for debates, critisism and interaction.

This simply goes to far. It is beyond flaming. It is an accusation of board members just to discredit them and furthermore to even put them into a drawer along with criminals.

This is something I will not accept.

Simply waiting until someone fills up his warning levels may be the wrong approach here.

Remove him now.

Altough I kinda believe in a certain level of free speech and for certain free opinion, I aswell agree with Balschiouw and do not have anything more to add to it.

Labelling me and others of sharing a criminal mindset is nothing but flaming and unfounded accusations from a person who actually seems to know little about what we have posted and are posting here at the forums.

I have always highlighted the bugs and issues with Arma since day 1, that was prior the german DVD release when playtesting at a german magazine, and allegating me and others with sharing a "criminal mindset" just goes over the top. It shows how uninformed I&C is, how narrow - minded he is, as I repeatedly reminded that I have always been a critic towards Arma and putting me and others on a level with people who have, or are sharing a criminal mindset is not just only unjustified and unfounded but also over the line of violating personal integrity.

I will send this post to mods aswell as I see no reason to keep a flamebaiting, unconstructive, lying and permantently flaming piece of crap here at the BIS forums which once have been a quite mature place for debates, critisism and interaction.

This simply goes to far. It is beyond flaming. It is an accusation of board members just to discredit them and furthermore to even put them into a drawer along with criminals.

I have similar feelings towards a small number of members that keep bashing BIS, particular mods and/or people contributing to this community without even trying to be constructive.

In the particular case of Invasion 1944, I reported their posts and behaviour, usually responded to (rather rapidly thumbs-up.gif ) by moderators in a "Please don't do that again" kind of way, but not how it should have been handled, with actual removal of the person from the forum, to protect the many from the biased lies and bashing of a few. The same is true for certain anti-BIS people, as well as BAS' situation in the past (as far as I can tell).

I would have to agree with you Balschoiw. BIS, and consequently the moderators, would not allow themselves to be called criminals, or anything of the sort, and the same should be true for anyone else, and in particular the people that keep this community alive, and provide help to others (not meaning that they should be above the law).

Some people will just never learn, or are just here to have fun annoying others, and simply don't care about not having access to the forums anymore. PR/WL increases don't work in such a situation.

As the regular RTM seems to get handled by a variety of mods without crosschecking with other mods I will take this approach to actually ask for the removal and permantent ban of INNOCENT&CLUELESS from the BIS boards for not only the reasons that are already well known but for the latest accusations from him towards me and others.

Detailed:

Quote[/b] ]thousands of customers is almost criminal, and froggy, scrub, Balschow and all the other fanboys sharing this somehow criminal mind set

This is something I will not accept.

Simply waiting until someone fills up his warning levels may be the wrong approach here.

Remove him now.

I'm afraid we can't fulfil this request, because then we must ban a lot of similiar minded people too. tounge2.gif

Surely his constantly negative ranting and BI bashing sucks and is boring, but as long as he doesn't violates the rules he has the same right to express himself as any other user here has.

That with calling the majority of people (including BI) here criminals he crossed the border is out of question. And even though it wasn't me who dealt with him this time I'm sure there's a decision to made.

"Donating" him PRs seems not to work as he basically laughs about them. The only way is, like you said above, waiting until he has collected the 5 boxes.

And if he continues like that, it might happen faster then you might expect.

Now I think that's like to be faced with a Hobson's choice. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]he doesn't violates the rules he has the same right to express himself as any other user here has.

Well, imo he did not only violate the rules in that particular thread not only once or twice but multiple times, by flaming, flamebaiting, derailing and finally spamming the thread as it is with almost EVERY thread he posts in. I seriously do not know why you haven´t already handed out more boxes to him as it would only take little initiative to collect and sum up his violations of forum rules and take the appropriate measures.

Still accusing others of having or sharing a criminal mindset is not just flaming or flamebaiting it´s simply crossing the line.

As he names forum members particularely in this case he crossed a line that is simply not be be crossed.

If such is an appropriate behaviour here that is only "honored" with a 48 PR with a history like he has, there is something REALLY wrong within the measures taken by Mod-team.

You can already see the bad influence he has on other posters and the number of threads that got spammed to death by him or totally derailed to only satisfy his need to express his demands, or simply to bash BIS, the community and/or specific members are countless.

You know the ones who get adressed in his 0-content posts can´t reply in the appropriate manner as this would get them a box on their own so we (who play by the rules) have to RELY on a mod-team that does see the greater picture and keep such uncontributing people away from here. We can´t do that.

If he would be standing next to me, calling me a criminal, you can expect that there would be direct consequences.

Here, we have to rely on YOU enforcing measures on such individuals as our hands are bound by the forum rules.

At the end of the day the ones who are playing by the book are the loosers as individuals like him can just go rampant on everyone without having to fear much.

To be honest, that´s not the way it should be and you can´t expect that people who usually do go by the book will keep their temper if beings like I&C can move around here, handing out names and labelling people as criminals.

band.gif

I know we're not "meant" to discuss the moderating, but I have to agree with Bals - the standards seem not just to have slipped, but to have been completely lost along the way during the transition to post-Placebo era.

It seems the mods are more than happy to hand out PR and WL for image over 100kb, to edit sigs which are "spammy" (and then leave those which exceed the limits until RTM'd) and generally do the "easy bits". But when it comes down to reading through a thread to see where the real issues lie and who the actual troublemakers are, they seem to take the easy way out and just lock the thread.

Meaning that the trolls can carry on elsewhere and derail even more threads. There are a number of people still present on the boards who should have departed long ago, but due to this apparent "only give WL when its blatantly obvious" stance, many of them only have one or two, whilst older members are getting banned left right and center for the most ridiculous of reasons.

It feels like the mods are using the "we're part time" excuse just as flamboyantly as people using the "fanboy"/"whiner" excuse to get out of doing the real work needed. And it feels like the forums are being dragged down because of it - you just have to look at the number of locked and derailed threads to see that.

Damn I miss Placebo sad_o.gif

It seems the mods are more than happy to hand out PR and WL for image over 100kb, to edit sigs which are "spammy" (and then leave those which exceed the limits until RTM'd) and generally do the "easy bits".

Though I agree with this point, there is also the responsibility of the user to report offenses to moderators, and not "Duke" it out themselves, which does happen too often, and leads to good people getting WLs as well as offenders. If people don't report these things they might go by unnoticed, you can't expect the moderators to all read through every single thread.

I have usually gotten good results upon reporting things on these forums, both during the "Placebo-era", and after, though mostly more positive results on minor issues. If this procedure were to be followed on a constant basis by all normal members, then that would at least eliminate the damage done to normal members. From the members point of view all possible actions would have been exhausted, leaving the actual actions up to the moderators' point of view.

You can be assured that I use the RTM link quite frequently, whenever I see something foul, but reports have to be followed by actions and not just a glance on the reported post and some warning words.

For sure there is a time for warnings, but you don´t have to be a Mythbuster to realize that some are simply after making trouble in all facettes.

Warning words ?

They give a damn about that.

A lot of threads have been closed because of that foul apples, threads that were initially meant with a good purpose but finally derailed, abused, and spammed and counterspammed until they got finally locked.

If there are people who are constantly trying to sabotage the forum and the conversations among members and do NOT contribute, but break the rules in all available colors they have to be eradicated one by one.

Again, ban I&C, maybe this would be for a good start and a great example for others who think they can go abusive on everything they see.

Can we trade I&C for blackdog?

Hehe- i had verbal battles with blackdog but at least he was funny.

Although i had to bite my tounge at being called a 'criminal' because i like Arma, I'll leave it up to you guys how to deal with him. It's gotten to the point that theres no point in going into 'General forum' area because it's the same old " BIS sucks and your all fanbois' blather.