Sign in to follow this  
Al Simmons

ArmA Ambience

This addon has no military use. It is thought to bring the community together. If you want to donate own models you are free to contact me. We plan to release objects and monuments from every culture in human history, firstly to have lots of objects and secondly to bring the worldwide community together.

Moai

moai.JPG

Needle of Kleopatra

needle.JPG

Japan. shinto shrine

shrine2.JPG

I like this idea, although I myself would rather see the Sahrani culture getting more dept, but that is with most of the current add-ons; I'd rather see Sahrani getting 'civiliced' and giving it more history

Still, I'd love to see these things across the island (with a good background story to give it a reason for being on sahrani)

At least it's usefull for future islands smile_o.gif

This reminds me of the parthenon 'SAD' did for OFP. Its a fantastic idea that can add a lot of atmospere.

Generic Greek/Roman or even Egyptian, Persian and Assiyrian ruins could all be used as inspiration that wouldn't look out of place in the Southern part of the Island.

hmmm, could be a goood way to learn with the new modeling tools when they're released

for my project I have in mind (more info later on) I would very much like this, esp if there is some buddhas or something other like that..

Dont have anything I can share but got some (for memory not texture, reference) on some buddism as well as chinese tempel. Might do some later on, not this month but.. anyway great idea.

Would be even nicer if it was released so island editors could include this in their pbo. Since more likely you will only need "one" culture per island

needs more Stone Henge.

(great idea Al)

Stone Henge is definitely planned.

Is the leaning tower of pizza planned? Love that building.

Nice work by the way.

this has a lot of potential. imagine a central or south america map, walking thoruhg the jungle and all of a sudden theres a temple. well done

Thx @ all

Stonehenge is confirmed, there will be 2 variants (the old one as it was hundrets of years ago and an today version).

If someone has suggestions for specific objects he should have proper reference pics for us.

@Col. Faulkner

Those objects are defined as buildings so they are "blow-up-able", just take a look in the video below.

I made a small video that shows the proxys in action so i was able to simulate an 60948 Polys large building.

ArmA Ambience Video I

BTW: Does anyone know who made the pathenon addon and how i could contact him?

@Pathetic_Berserker: I will try it there

@zerg63: Do u have sizes of this one? Is it enterable?...

@zerg63: Do u have sizes of this one? Is it enterable?...

csd.JPG

276683.jpg

276682.jpg

276681.jpg

height : 9.17m

top diameter : 2.85m

bottom diameter : 4.93m

tounge2.gif

and inside pic.

they used by astronomical observatory at AD 647 .

10.jpg

8.jpg

Simmons, where did the 60k polies go in that pyramid? Did you model every brick? Seems like a waste when you could've normal mapped it.

Simmons, where did the 60k polies go in that pyramid? Did you model every brick? Seems like a waste when you could've normal mapped it.

yep every brick modelled, as long as there are no problems with it ill leave it as it is. As soon as the tools come out i will add also normal maps for the stairs and the rocklike bricks.