Sign in to follow this  

TCW_Vehicles

Im in the process of reskinning Vehicles to give them an iraq related look and feel.

I am hoping that someone could help me figure out how to make them stand alone. Ive searched around here for the past few days and have asked around. And it comes down to hex editing the p3d to make it work. I unfortunately do not know a thing about it and am looking for help so i can release v0.3

Iraqi Taxi

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/djfrogstar/TCWARMA34.jpg

BUS

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/djfrogstar/TCWARMA35.jpg

Iraqi police truck version 1

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/djfrogstar/TCWARMA41.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/djfrogstar/TCWARMA42.jpg

other vehicles planned are

Red crescent Ambulance

PMC gun trucks

deeply weathered cars

I dont like the blood stained bus tbh. Without the blood it wouldn't be that offensive - you'd imagine a busdriver would wash away that stuff after a terror attack anyway before moving around the city.

Well, in case you're making it up as a wreckage - just ignore what i just said. wink_o.gif

yeah the bus is wreckage and will later be an ammo dump for the insurgent units...its more something to bring insurgent reserves into the fray..

i was been work in the same thing in OFP & ArmA, but i think now must have your permission to use it on my MOD  smile_o.gif .

if you need arabic words, i'm Make every time Arabic Works, you can talk me, check out rebel banner addon.

Surely the Iraqi police wouldn't write "Iraq Police" on their cars... in english?

they do have it in english... quite normal considering the amount of westerners who need to know before they shoot at one.. AFAIK all iraqi police have it in english and arabic...

Surely the Iraqi police wouldn't write "Iraq Police" on their cars... in english?

Yeah they do, just like their highway signs are in Arabic/English.

It's the only way to make sure someone recognizes it as an IP or ING vehicle, otherwise it's weapons free.

Nice reskins. Have you also considered doing an iraqi taxi reskin of the hatchback sedan?

It's the only way to make sure someone recognizes it as an IP or ING vehicle, otherwise it's weapons free.

huh? those poor civilians unlucky enough not to own a police vehicle wink_o.gif

nah... j/k

nice textures btw smile_o.gif

Nice reskins. Have you also considered doing an iraqi taxi reskin of the hatchback sedan?

I did consider it.... wasnt sure if two were needed. I will do this next...

Im still looking for help to hex edit them to make them standalone... help.gif

EDIT- Peanut has sent me a PM with instructions on how to do get them standalone... I hope to have this ready soon for download... atleast the V0.4

huh? those poor civilians unlucky enough not to own a police vehicle wink_o.gif

nah... j/k

nice textures btw smile_o.gif

It depends on ROE, but it's contextual and scenario dependant.

For example, on a dismounted patrol around 0100 we were walking parallel to the Euphrates river and spotted headlights coming towards us. We scattered left to right and hid in the trench alongside the dirt road. The vehicle was a truck with young arabic men carrying weapons, since the vehicle had no IP or ING symbols we lit it up.  

"Weapons free" doesn't apply, legally, to a vehicle of unarmed persons unless some criteria is met such as:

not stopping for checkpoints

failing to obey repeated warnings when moving too close to convoys

acting in a decidely suspicuous and outstandingly stupid way and failing to obey repeated warnings.

Soldiers who can't follow ROE and do all this stupid shit need to be pulled out of there and replaced with professional soldiers who aren't going to go nuts because their friend was killed. Sorry, but that shit happens, you know, I lost 6 friends from high school while I was deployed and it didn't cause me to go rampaging across the country so I think these soldiers and marines can exercise the same restraint.

*edit*

The models look really nice Frogstar.

It depends on ROE, but it's contextual and scenario dependant.

yeah - that was kindof what i was getting at. the most important thing should be to keep your cool and evaluate the situation carefully before opening fire. a very tough job sometimes i suppose confused_o.gif

Well if all goes well with the hex editing thing I will have this ready for release... I will try and do further releases with more reskins under the same addon....

when the new tools come out I will release modified vehicles converted into gun trucks.... but I stopped thinking about the new tools... or atleast tried to..... lots more to do until then anyways

Well its looking good! PEANUT has helped me along the whole way and fixed all my mistakes....The knowledge I have gained during this reskinning process will allow me to get the rest of the reskins working.

So again I really must thank PEANUT as this would have taken months for me to accomplish with all the other stuff im working on.

Im hoping friday night i can put up a link to the BETA version.. The reason why i say beta is that I would like to not only do more cars but also to adjust the existing normal maps and specular maps....

Im not sure how possible this will be without the new tools, but should be possible with some experimentation

PEANUT thanks again

yay.gif

PEANUT thanks again

You're welcome

I'm happy I was able to contribute a little to this very good looking addon smile_o.gif

The colors of the Shirts are a bit... unreal, or not? Never saw such a color in nature.. well.. maybe i should leave the house once more.. the first time did not show me everything

yeah the color you see in this pic is just the base layer, just for figuring out whats what... They will get sweaty arm pits and around the body armor...