Sign in to follow this  
johnwilso007

24 Campaign?

What do people think?

24 missions, about 1 hour each, spans a day, story to fit 24 TV series cronology?

looking at making a custom vehicle and maybe custom units, may take some time to get it going as im not used to the arma editor yet. had 7 ones done for ofp but didnt release many of the missions.

is this worth spending my time on or not?

This is a very intriguing idea.  Well done.

Do you like Shakira?

BTW: What season of 24 you want to base this off?

maybe u should have made a poll. wink_o.gif

Even if i cant imagine how this could be made, i would like to see it.

I've seen a lot of threads recently about "should I make thing xxx or thing yyy?"

The only person you really need to ask is yourself. If you WANT to make something, then you will devote to it, and see it through to the end, if you only want to make it because people think its cool I can guarentee you'll lose interest and not finish it.

If you want to make missions based on 24 or in a 24 style, then go for it. But make them for yourself, and release them as an "afterthought" but not as the main impatus.

Trust me, you'll have a lot more fun and success doing it that way.

And for the record, a 24 style "campaign" would be cool biggrin_o.gif

Yeah I also agree on this, I started on my project with vbs1 almost year ago. My motivation was to create objects that i could use for filming a machinima. I had to set my own goals for this and had to motivate myself to spend A LOT of time. Thank goodness for OCB extra long papers.

24 would be a really cool idea to bring into ARMA for missions.

IMO this would require an immense amount of delicate timing and preprep. Very tricky thing to pull off. It would be interesting to tell the back story of when Jack Bauer was actually soldiering.

you got to trust me! pistols.gif

I like the idea. Not really sure what we're talking about here: is this just about an ArmA campaign that will last 24hours or do you want to make a special agent/police campaign?

Would be cool to have ANY campaign better than the oryginal one...So you got my vote If you're going to make anything wink_o.gif

ill see if i can find my ofp missions on my HDD to see if u liek the way i tried to do it.

my original idea was going to be jack in belgrade, as a prequal to series 1, think i originally used Novajev island or nogova for the missions.

as it would be very hard to do a mission that lasted a hour i added savegame points that would also advance time by 10-20 minutes. also had a trigger to end the mission as Lose if it took you too long:D

with the arma team switching it may be possible to have multiple teams working at the same time and doing different things.

if u want ill see if i have the few 24 ofp ones i did and put them up on here.

In 24, Kiefer Sutherland is stronger and faster than Chuck Norris.

So, where is the Kiefer Sutherland facts list than?

At least Chuck Norris has it.

And Chuck Norris doesnt play in 24.......so offcourse Mr. Sutherland is quicker.

rofl.gif

[EDIT]Fixed a typo

[EDIT2]Chuck Norris doesnt play in 24 right? crazy_o.gif

think ill do it. ill redo the first mission in the ArmA engine and improve on it.

ill post it then to see if you like the way i do the missions and if i should improve on it. may take some time as i have to get used to the newer engine.

just testing the first ofp one if it still works ill post that on here tonight.

In 24, Kiefer Sutherland is stronger and faster than Chuck Norris.

So, where is the Kiefer Sutherland facts list than?

At least Chuck Norris has it.

And Chuck Norris doesnt play in 24.......so offcourse Mr. Sutherland is quicker.

rofl.gif

[EDIT]Fixed a typo

[EDIT2]Chuck Norris doesnt play in 24 right?  crazy_o.gif

Um, no, ho doesn't. I never said so either. I merely stated that Kiefer Sutherland is stronger and faster than Chuck Norris the way he is beeing portraid in 24.

Edit:

Facts list? wow_o.gif

ok

seems to work for me, the addons are included.

i appologise in advance for my really crappy cut scene skills, this was the first time that i had to use them when i made this mission months ago. remember it was in a early stage of creation too.

sadly i appear to have removed all the work i had to date on the ofp one so cannot release any others, later works on them had the phone ringtone, and the sounds for Jacks intro to the mission.

http://files.filefront.com/24rar/;5098432;;/fileinfo.html

i got exams over the next week so wont have to much time to begin the first ArmA mission just yet.

thanks for any feedback you can give me biggrin_o.gif

This is what flashpoint/ArmA is all about, i would say many people spend all there time in the editor and don't play the actual game. I myself like to make missions and i made quite a few over the past 4 years but i only ever sent 1 into ofp.info. I always assumed the real hardcore fans would find my missions boring or just too unrealistic and that's what stopped me from sending more in. I'm not a great user of scripts and such and my missions are quite simple, so looking at some of the missions sent in by the community seemed pointless.

My final word on this to you would be, if you enjoy making these types of missions then go for it.

[EDIT2]Chuck Norris doesnt play in 24 right?  crazy_o.gif

A man can dream. sad_o.gif

Chuck Norris vs. Jack Bauer, I'd pay to see. smile_o.gif

But back on topic, I designed a 24-style mission in which you play a secret agent that must infiltrate a populated Ortega, link up with other field agents already there and bring a car bomb to a specific location where enemy supply lines frequently travel...I'm sure you can infer the rest.

Its an interesting bit. You, playing as a UC civilian, start off at the airfield and are airlifted by little bird along with a 4 man SF team to a location about 2 mi W of Ortega. You take an off road vehicle to the city. Find the safehouse, bring the carbomb to location, detonate it, and exfiltrate back to the drop off point, call the littlebird back and go back to the airbase.