Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

AAN - ArmA Navy

won't say a word about the quality - it's just ofp ports ))

But i wonder how objects that big behave ingame ? Is there any difference with Ofp ? I've heard there're physics problems with objects bigger then 50-80m (no exact info sad_o.gif)  Have you tried to addGeometry and see how it works ? Or are you plannig to divide it into several parts object ?

won't say a word about the quality - it's just ofp ports ))

But i wonder how objects that big behave ingame ? Is there any difference with Ofp ? I've heard there're physics problems with objects bigger then 50-80m (no exact info sad_o.gif) Have you tried to addGeometry and see how it works ? Or are you plannig to divide it into several parts object ?

Hey look everyone, it's bdfy the Shithead again - come to brighten our day and fill us with his special brand of magical joy.

These are OFP ports bdfy, but they are not just OFP ports. Do you understand the distinction there? Gnat is obviously putting a hell of a lot of extra work into these, and in his own words, they are still a work-in-progress.

I personally think that even now they look goddamn amazing, and clearly a lot of his time has been spent creating and perfecting the multiple moving parts/turrets that you see on them, which all seem to be working brilliantly.

I'll let Gnat reply to the rest of your message. In conclusion, you've once again managed to make yourself look like an arrogant, ignorant, First Class Cock in the space of eleven words. Way to go, buddy!

Gnat,

still remember me and lighting problems? biggrin_o.gif

yeah, same thing again, but in arma as i see :P

other than that, nice work! i want that tug on deck wink_o.gif

These are OFP ports bdfy, but they are not just OFP ports. Do you understand the distinction there? Gnat is obviously putting a hell of a lot of extra work into these, and in his own words, they are still a work-in-progress.

Guys, guys....For ppl like you, who love Vilas's works, and think what CWR beta level is a top of human capacity in addonmaking it's amazing as usual...Even if it was reworked it's still to be OFP quality ! And more, even for OFP Kuznetsov's model was horrible, horrible textures, horrible geometry etc...

Dunno about over models quality, but think it's the same level.

Quote[/b] ]I personally think that even now they look goddamn amazing, and clearly a lot of his time has been spent creating and perfecting the multiple moving parts/turrets that you see on them, which all seem to be working brilliantly.

It's a pity, personally i think that this model looks like a crap, and the time what was spent trying to perfecting crapy model is spent for nothing.

This models needs to be remodeled from 0 and much better texture work.

If you want to know what is realy amazing look here http://flashpoint.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=47675

and here

http://flashpoint.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=1078515&postcount=147

Way to go, buddy!

PS You will newer see good quality addons with only AMAZING !!! posts here.

PSS

Try to find something similar in 2 pictures

http://members.iinet.net.au/~nrspence/ArmA/Carrier_1.jpg

http://www.airforce.ru/photoga....1_l.jpg

Fantastic work Gnat!!!

They look like they'll provide a completely new perspective to arma gaming.

Thanx biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I do have a suggestion though.

In OFP i really disliked the helipad on deck of the US Carrier.

I used to set the carrier up with upto 30 aircraft onboard in variuos ways.I set the aircraft up from pictures of carriers i have.They looked really good .But the helipad would look strange with the aircraft over it.And also they dont have helipads marked out on them in real life.

Should i post an old screeny of this carrier in OFP with around 30 aircraft lined up the way they do it for real?

smile_o.gif

sweet work buddy keep it up ,as whether or not add-ons are imported to arma or not, it still improves the arma community & keeps the flame burning.

very nice.

Quote[/b] ]

Guys, guys....For ppl like you, who love Vilas's works, and think what CWR beta level is a top of human capacity in addonmaking it's amazing as usual...Even if it was reworked it's still to be OFP quality ! And more, even for OFP Kuznetsov's model was horrible, horrible textures, horrible geometry etc...

That's fine Symbiot, and I respect your opinion. I don't care if someone criticises Gnat's work, but when we criticise anyone's work we must do it constructively. Bdfy wouldn't know constructive criticism if it bit him, hence my rather aggressive response.

Quote[/b] ]

It's a pity, personally i think that this model looks like a crap, and the time what was spent trying to perfecting crapy model is spent for nothing.

That might be, and again, I respect your opinion, but what I was pointing out is that Gnat has obviously put a lot of time into creating/perfecting the mechanics of the addon, i.e. the multiple turrets, of different types. That progress is very impressive to me.

Quote[/b] ]

This models needs to be remodeled from 0 and much better texture work.

Well, once again, that's why this is a work-in-progress. When I say they look damn amazing even now, that is of course taking into consideration the fact that they are work-in-progress.

Quote[/b] ]

If you want to know what is realy amazing look here http://flashpoint.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=47675

and here

http://flashpoint.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=1078515&postcount=147

Way to go, buddy!

PS You will newer see good quality addons with only AMAZING !!! posts here.

PSS

Try to find something similar in 2 pictures

http://members.iinet.net.au/~nrspence/ArmA/Carrier_1.jpg

[url=http://www.airforce.ru/photogallery/dundin/kuznetsov2004/kuznetsov/az_kuz_01_l.jpg

We've already seen great quality addons come out of this community, and they'll only get better if we constructively criticise, and keep things humble and friendly.

The hovercraft from flashpoint.ru is awesome, and it is definitely the top echelon of quality when it comes to addons, I agree with you. smile_o.gif But again, that seems to have finished normal maps, finished textures, it seems to be nearly finished - which is great! But it's unfair to use that as a standard against which you hold other addons that are far from completed.

As for the carrier picture - that's just one of the addons that Gnat is working on. Here are two of my favourites:

633ef1da.jpg

lcacrev065blisogi8.jpg

Anyway, I don't want to piss you off or anything, and please feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong/stupid. I'm just stating my case here =)

Quote[/b] ]

Gnat has obviously put a lot of time into creating/perfecting the mechanics of the addon, i.e. the multiple turrets, of different types. That progress is very impressive to me.

Yeah there is a lot of work for sure, i hope there is some way to raise this models on the highest level.

I'm not against Gnat, i have respect for his work (i know myself it's not easy at all to spend a time for this hardwork)

But i hope you will understand me i can't say WOW it's AMAZING, when it's not -), (maybe not yet amazing...)

Quote[/b] ]

Well, once again, that's why this is a work-in-progress. When I say they look damn amazing even now, that is of course taking into consideration the fact that they are work-in-progress.

Ok, ok, i'm old fart who can't stop grumbling  smile_o.gif

I'll shut up and wait for final version.

Quote[/b] ]

As for the carrier picture - that's just one of the addons that Gnat is working on. Here are two of my favourites:

Whuhooo finaly LCAC for west side !!!! Good news ! I was asking DPS to make it. But if Gnat have already started the work...cool !

PS if my help will be useful i'll be glad to help, at least for Kuznetsov. I don't have a lot of time, but i'm surely will find some...

Even if the carriers look a bit iffy, they will still add alot to the game. Alot more possibilities from a mission makers view anyhow.

Besides, the model actually looks alright, its just that texturing needs to be updated to Arma's standards imho. Keep it up gnat.

Ok, ok, i'm old fart who can't stop grumbling smile_o.gif

Haha, me too buddy, don't worry. =)

Gnat: Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to all of these addons!

This is a link to a 2mb folder with some screenshots of the carrier in action in OFP .

I warn anyone who has had enuf of seeing OFP screeny's do not download.This is only for the ARMA only ppl.But they are  good ones.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9st7muxatwt

Plz don't post any questions about the screeny's as they are irrellevant other than the model etc.

Symbiot

Have you seen THIS?

This is a video of a pre-alpha Gnat posted 11 months ago but it already shows a lot of promise, even if the configs must be tweaked a lot

Symbiot, I had written a long and convoluted selection of comments in reply to some of your posts in this thread but really only have this to say:

If all you're going to do is spray crap about other peoples addons, then STFU. Criticism is fine, as long as it's constructive, but your comments were far from constructive.

The air cushion landing craft looks OK, but it's 1 vessel for one team, not a selection of vessels for both teams..

Quote[/b] ]Ok, ok, i'm old fart who can't stop grumbling smile_o.gif

No you are not an old complaining fart, you're a tool. People like you are the reason people get pissed off with modding for games and don't bother.. Go spray your verbal diarrhea elsewhere.

Gnat, I think these look great and having naval vessels will add greatly to the game. Looking forward to the release..

Hopefully something of Gnat's finally gets released. From what I hear he's famous for making stuff and never releasing it to the public.

I think you've listened too much to unrealiable public opinions and hearsay from those that like to make other people's minds up for others.

No he's not an addon maker that's manfactured a ton of addons, but he has produced results for the OFP community.

OFP Frigates, B-52, and a couple more small projects addons.

It will be nice to have some ships that do more than just sit as background eye candy.

Hopefully after this release, it will motivate scripters/coders to develop anti-ship missile system and hopefully a TLAM launching system for the subs and ships like CoC TLAM's.

I plan on testing and if needed tweaking the weapon settings so that its firepower capability is on par with its real life capability (within ArmA limits and reason of course).

Well, all due respect to Gnat, but it sounds like he's going overboard on alot of stuff. For example, for a carrier, all alot of people need is a static object that we can walk on with catapult/arrestor hook scripts. I doubt many of us need a mannable aircraft carrier with working turrets at the moment...

Quote[/b] ]From what I hear he's famous for making stuff and never releasing it to the public.

It's well established knowledge that what you hear from some guy who posted in some forum, always has a cunning incite into the motivations of any individual, all via the magic of internet protocols.

Any sane person would be wise to listen to some bloke on some forum, with the utmost austerity when it comes to an almost omnipotent factual content. While I can understand this bloke, on whatever forum, wants to remain incognito. But thanks to the brave Kaio23, the biggest scandal since Watergate has been unveiled before our very eyes.

The names might change, but the garbage they spout remains the same smile_o.gif

Sorry for this OnTopic here wink_o.gif

Nice work Gnat! Really looking forward to your Navy. smile_o.gif

ArmA really misses some naval vehicles.

The carriers look really nice. Just the textures of the russian one look a bit too "painted" .. sorry, don't know how to describe it proper.

Keep it up!

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

People should stop throwing dirt at each other for a while... This is a forum on addons or a game, let's not get too serious and personal, shall we ?

Regarding your addons, Gnat, I must pay some respect to your work ! ArmA definitely needs some true naval force, eitherr as static or as fully functional, that's up to the mission designer (i.e. us).

I see that some other addon makers are starting working on naval vessels, like aircraft and helicopter carriers, fast landing ships, submarines, even battleships !

Is it possible that all these addons coexist peacefully ? That would be a great thing that a kind of standard in ship's addon configuration be set, for compatibility reason. Even scripts could be shared, when possible.

Aaah, well, I'm day dreaming here. wink_o.gif

Malick

new comers to arma(ofp's never version) don't know how we, ofp oldies/vets were grinding the path of waiting for addons arrival... so here it goes:

it will be finished when it is finished;

it will be released when it will be done;

nobody pays for addons/mods creation, so addons/mods are made by the creator's free time = less real life time;

and so on, on, and on...

all these things are decided by the creator and only he will make the final decision to release or not to release addon/mod.

BUT... as all creators needs inspiration, it is our ( community's ) primary duty to give it by all means possible. Like gathering as much info about the model which is beeing done as possible, saying right words to support the creators decission to make and continue the work, which is "invested" into the creation and most important thing of all, patience!!!

World in which we live was not created in few seconds, mins, hours, days, ... , it was created in the time, which "can't be certainly described", so let's just wait till the "world will be created" and then we'll be gratefull for that, ok peeps?

@Gnat,

keep on going mate. If what, you know whoom to ask... wink_o.gif

quoting my own post, read it ffs!

Hey, Love your work, played with it in ofp, and I hope to see it soon...

Is there a way to edit where you set the player so he can start out in different positions, not just the main gun, Like say if I wanted to start as the SAM launcher guy, I'd have to stop the ship, get out, and get back in as SAM gunner... And by then the enemy would be right on top of me. I've seen something like that somewhere but I don't remember where, so I will look into it if you'd like. Because if you can get that to work, there would be a lot of team work between naval coordination and ship support.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1518

And really off topic here but...

A few months ago you created a fire from a moving vehicle script (above), and placed it in a few demo missions. Now when I find it I can't seem to figure out how to extract the script from those demo missions, because they are in pbo format...

So when you get the time (I can wait) could you just put the script in a folder and update it.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1518

And really off topic here but...

A few months ago you created a fire from a moving vehicle script (above), and placed it in a few demo missions. Now when I find it I can't seem to figure out how to extract the script from those demo missions, because they are in pbo format...

So when you get the time (I can wait) could you just put the script in a folder and update it.

Hey just use a unpbo tool thumbs-up.gif like kegeteys cpbo smile_o.gif