Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

AAN - ArmA Navy

Gnat are you not releasing those other planes like the glider because you havent got permission from microsoft or because you havent finished them?

Gnat @ Oct. 07 2007,13:12)]
Wow! Is it available?? Please tell me where I can get it?

It was re-tex'ed by eddyD, passed to me, but not released because I found too many problems with it ..... now the tools are here I might be able to try again.

But I suspect some problems won't go away for standard BIS aircraft.

Honestly the aircraft dont matter to me that much. What matters to me is that Helicopters can land on there, boats dock in the bottom, and people be able to spawn there.

Gnat @ Oct. 07 2007,21:12)]
Wow!  Is it available??  Please tell me where I can get it?

It was re-tex'ed by eddyD, passed to me, but not released because I found too many problems with it ..... now the tools are here I might be able to try again.

But I suspect some problems won't go away for standard BIS aircraft.

Okey Doke - say, perhaps can we please have a static 'beta' ship released? Just for boat insertions and to land a chopper on? I don't mind if all the bells and whistles aren't working yet smile_o.gif

Cheeros

Stew

.... got permission from microsoft ....

Ice cube's chance in hell .....

.. not even going to ask because with M$ you could be sued for just thinking it.

anychance of some more screens? a small video (oh god this would make my year biggrin_o.gif )

I really want to see this, especially when you've got the turrets working

Your ships look really good, especially the Akula and LA class subs. I cant wait till these are released. Keep up the good work!

Your subs might have a new weapon but for sure they have now a new menace:

wink_o.gif

wink_o.gif

Lol now just remove those water trails and I will be caught by surprise while in my fishing boat...

wink_o.gif

I think I have seen every single demo video of Mando stuff on YouTube. Torpedo is a great idea.

I think you will have a complete automated AEGIS system ready some day, then we could play ArmA-Harpoon smile_o.gif.

At least I hope you will, would love some modern naval strategy. Loved those fierce missile shootouts pistols.gif .

Both, Aegis/Patriot/S-300 and Harpoon/Tomahawk with terrain avoidance and interceptable by the former ones (air borne or sea launched) were included in Mando Missile ArmA about five months ago, in fact DeanosBeano made an outstanding Tomahawk and did some clips of two massive sumarines launching cruise missiles to each other tounge2.gif May be there are no clips about these in YTube now.

May be there are no clips about these in YTube now.

How could I miss that.

Man, I think I'm gonna cry, this is just too cool.  inlove.gif

And of course respects notworthy.gif .

Sorry for OT.

In fact this is not so off topic as several Mando Guns may be attached to any vehicle, including ships, where they may act as CIWS Phalanx against terminal incomming missiles (as in the video you posted).

which may also be used by any naval unit. In the firing test the launcher was a RHIB as well as the target.

Nice Mando... but this water spray isn't very usefull to torpedoes hopefully this will get more silent/hidden biggrin_o.gif

Nice attempt on doing a vertical launch, track, and hit by a missile, but if you are specifically doing a Harpoon, then it needs some changes.

First off, Harpoons are not launched vertically, could they yes but no current nation does that, nor is there any launch container that would support it.  That would work if you were simulating the TASM, which was decommissioned after the end of the Cold War.

Harpoons are launched horizontally from subs and come out of the water at about 50 degrees.  Then fire a booster which very shortly falls off and the missile goes into regular flight.

Second, Harpoons waste little time getting to mid-course altitude after launch.  What you had was slightly too high of an altitude for a SSM (Sea Skimming Missile).  10 meters should be the max altitude during mid-course flight.  They can be set at different altitude levels, but I'm sure the only one needed would be the low setting.  (Higher it goes, the farther the range but also makes it extremely easy to detect.).

Is there any info or progress regarding the integration of the Mando system onto ship addons so that the system, missile specs and model, can be contained within the ship or into a seperate addon.

I'd tinker with some designs and this Mando suite, but I'm not a fan of what tools are available to provide debug info for ArmA scripting code.

Havocsquad, while I want to hunt down Gnat's Navy with mando missiles fired by other Gnat's Navy units (being these torpedoes, cruise missiles or ICBMs), I dont want to hijack this thread with particular mando missile discussions.

<span style='color:blue'>HERE</span> you will find three different anti-ship mando missile flight profiles for missiles launched from sea units, including SSM one. Hope these three cover most if not all the possibilities.

Gnat @ Oct. 20 2007,13:10)]very cool.

Fully agree!

The two first missiles were intercepted by phalanx, right?

Anyway, would be nice if cannons used tracer rounds. Attaching a tracer to one using ones from 6thsense mod should be easy.

(should be a suggestion to Mando maybe, to release a mandogun version with 6thtracer support).

Outstanding videos, PM otw wink_o.gif

Panda, Mando Gun already incorporates tracers:

Nice vid & great ship building!!

Is it possible to launch missiles below surface - in combat subs are usually submerged wink_o.gif

Will you add naval helicopters like S-70B Seahawk, S-61 Sea King or others? Waiting for AAN - hopefully launch is asap xmas_o.gif

Panda, Mando Gun already incorporates tracers:

I ment the noticible tracers from mod, not the bis ones I can see at 2:54 or particle-based that don't really look well or are bad for performance (or, on medicore machines - both).

After reconsidering I understand the need for MandoGun to stay addonless, so it can be used on any server/mod, so this seems more like a suggestion to [APS]Gnat to call the tracer's "fired" script from within the mandogun scripts (if he will, as I understand, incorporate them into the addon itself).

Unlike normal addons and mods MandoGun scripts will not trigger "fired" event handler so there will be no tracers (and if using a tracer addon the BIS tracers themselves dissapear). Or maybe incorporate the tracer mod into the addon itself (it's just a small modle and texture + scripts, not hudge filesize. Additionally he could customize those files).

I am far from saying that visuals are most important (played Harpoon 3 a bit too long to make such a statement wink_o.gif ) but they do increase enjoyment.