Sign in to follow this  
bum71

Horrible Performance...

settings are all on low sad_o.gif

its way to hot to oc atm, summer here, and i don't want to heat things up to much,

What are your specs? Also check you have vsync and transparency AA turned off in your video card drivers.

Intel C2D E6600

2 GiG g.Skill Ram

Raptor 10k 150 gig hdd

7900GT

everything is on low, and reso is at 1650 or what ev. to run wide screen, i got a 2x dell 24" which have 1920x1200 native, but the game is unplayable at that so i play at 16xx or what ever idk..

So then after all these post have we come to a conclusion on what

is what !!!

Getiing 15-20 fps is a pain in the ass on a high end system but i do not wanna think that i am playing BHD just to get some 30-40 fps

So then what is the answer or a universal answer for hitting a solid 30-40 fps when the going gets tuff without playing everything on low settings on medium-high end systems forget low end systems.

Or have we come to terms with the game is at fault and wait for them to sort it.

Dont blind us with all this computer talk because all i needed to do in many war games on full settings is just put the dvd and play it, simple huh so why is this not the case with Arma.

Intel C2D E6600

2 GiG g.Skill Ram

Raptor 10k 150 gig hdd

7900GT

everything is on low, and reso is at 1650 or what ev. to run wide screen, i got a 2x dell 24" which have 1920x1200 native, but the game is unplayable at that so i play at 16xx or what ever idk..

Try lowering your resolution... check to see if it will dramatically increase your FPS... if it does, then that is the problem. If it is still as bad we will know that the problem lies elsewhere smile_o.gif

That forceware driver also didn't fix ArmA's performance problems.

Ok, for me this betatesting with ArmA has an end right now.

I'm not going to "play" this piece of crap until it got fixed by the devs.

MfG Lee

List your specs and we'll see if we can get that 8800 to push some polys smile_o.gif

That card is allmost identical to 7950GX2 in performance.

List your specs and we'll see if we can get that 8800 to push some polys smile_o.gif

That card is allmost identical to 7950GX2 in performance.

I bet its a video card/driver problem, Lee is not the only one to report problems with the GTS..

I've been fiddling around with it for weeks and get terrible performance no matter what settings I use. The framerate is just as poor on 1280x1024 as it is on 1680x1050 - and this is with an E6600, 8800GTS, 2gig DDR2 ram. I was on the demo earlier with a few friends and I was barely hitting 20fps!

Since people with exactly the same system specs but GTX instead of GTS report great performance its possible confused_o.gif .

Maybe he should be blaming nvidia instead...

Intel C2D E6600

2 GiG g.Skill Ram

Raptor 10k 150 gig hdd

7900GT

Your PC is higher spec than mine. I play with my settings mostly on high. Something is wrong. No junk software running in the background? Lower AF and AA, make sure transparency AA is turned off in the Nvidia control panel. Make sure AA and AF are set to application controlled in the drivers - set them in the game rather.

Thank you for your help, but I will not spent anymore time with trying to get ArmA 1.02 to run like it should.

Told my specs so many people, installed so many new drivers/bios, build a new computer, called an jungle medicine man, etc...

I put my ArmA back in it's special edition ammo can and wait for another patch....

MfG Lee

Thank you for your help, but I will not spent anymore time with trying to get ArmA 1.02 to run like it should.

Told my specs so many people, installed so many new drivers/bios, build a new computer, called an jungle medicine man, etc...

I put my ArmA back in it's special edition ammo can and wait for another patch....

MfG Lee

I can confirm that Lee has posted his specs at least

more than 10 times on these forums and even more than

once in this thread.

It's not a settings or driver problem he's experiencing - he tried out all that is available and different hardware setups.

He's also not speaking about an unrealistic viewdistance but

below 2000.

Since he's using the 8800 i'm still thinking about a problem

related to that card in combination with ArmA.

His problem is that after about 3 minutes he has to alt-tab

twice so that the VRAM is clean again since it starts getting

very slow - else he can do everything on high/vhigh/low

settings.

It's just the VRAM getting filled and for some reason not

being cleared correctly imho.

~S~ CD

I can confirm that Lee has posted his specs at least

more than 10 times on these forums and even more than

once in this thread.

It's not a settings or driver problem he's experiencing - he tried out all that is available and different hardware setups.

He's also not speaking about an unrealistic viewdistance but

below 2000.

Since he's using the 8800 i'm still thinking about a problem

related to that card in combination with ArmA.

His problem is that after about 3 minutes he has to alt-tab

twice so that the VRAM is clean again since it starts getting

very slow - else he can do everything on high/vhigh/low

settings.

It's just the VRAM getting filled and for some reason not

being cleared correctly imho.

~S~ CD

It can still be a driver related problem... he might be waiting for a miracle patch that will never happen while he should be waiting for a new driver release instead.

Bad case scenario is a compatbility preoblem... Worst case scenario his card could be faulty (video memory) confused_o.gif .

There is no way to be sure... maybe BIS or the publisher(s) can verify if this problem is specific to this card and then report it to nvidia, but i would try to find about other 8800 GTS users experiences.

Just wait for the patch and forget everything else because it wont help you, people have tried everything and there are issues with many different systems that can't be traced anywhere but in the Software and only BIS can solve it.

But still if you want to just go on and discuss everything for uncountable amount of times that is still not helping anyone.

I guess I could fire up my game again and see if Shadow can help me.

Must i post my specs again? *Sigh*

Intel Core 2 Duo e6700 - Latest Drivers

XFX 8800 GTX - Latest Drivers

eVGA 680i Motherboard - Latest BIOS

2GB DDR2 Corsair Memory

Thermaltake Toughpower 850W PSU

2x 320GB Seagate Barracuda - RAID 0

It will NOT run shading detail above "Low," Texture Detail above "Normal," & AntiAliasing above "Low." If these settings are changed by 1 degree the game will have slideshow FPS near the trees and forests.

@Heatseeker: there are others reporting to have to alt-tab

after a few minutes to clear VRAM - but the only ones i

could find yet were using some kind of 8800. wink_o.gif

If you read my post, you should see that i said:

'he tried out all that is available' - which means that if

it's driver related - he couldn't do anything better to

fix his problem.

@Skull Burner: you made that "Friedensvertrag" deal to prevent a further flame war - and i've seen your feedback

to the thread turning into positive ones (at least since Suma

has taken part - hehe) - but to only wait for the patch

maybe isn't enough.

It's still worth to give as much input as we can so that a fix

is going to be expected rather sooner than later.

You're right with expecting a software to run fine on recomended settings but in days like these, where you

cannot say for 100 percent who's fault is it: software or

hardware's it's better to collect as much experiences as possible together to get a fix sooner.

ArmA is a game worth getting fixed - from point of hardware or from point of software - doesn't matter - we want to

play that game - not to blame a software developer - that's

the point in here.

Everybody who played OFP from near 2001 will agree with

me on that one and will say: BIS deserves to get supported

in Bugfixing, rather than to get blocked by saying: 'all is your

fault - give me a fix or i don't like you anymore.'

If one can show them facts they will work on fixes to those

but fixing individual problems is just like searching for the

needle in the hay-heap.

~S~ CD

@Heatseeker: there are others reporting to have to alt-tab

after a few minutes to clear VRAM - but the only ones i

could find yet were using some kind of 8800.  wink_o.gif

If you read my post, you should see that i said:

'he tried out all that is available' - which means that if

it's driver related - he couldn't do anything better to

fix his problem.

@Skull Burner: you made that "Friedensvertrag" deal to prevent a further flame war - and i've seen your feedback

to the thread turning into positive ones (at least since Suma

has taken part - hehe) - but to only wait for the patch

maybe isn't enough.

It's still worth to give as much input as we can so that a fix

is going to be expected rather sooner than later.

You're right with expecting a software to run fine on recomended settings but in days like these, where you

cannot say for 100 percent who's fault is it: software or

hardware's it's better to collect as much experiences as possible together to get a fix sooner.

ArmA is a game worth getting fixed - from point of hardware or from point of software - doesn't matter - we want to

play that game - not to blame a software developer - that's

the point in here.

Everybody who played OFP from near 2001 will agree with

me on that one and will say: BIS deserves to get supported

in Bugfixing, rather than to get blocked by saying: 'all is your

fault - give me a fix or i don't like you anymore.'

If one can show them facts they will work on fixes to those

but fixing individual problems is just like searching for the

needle in the hay-heap.

~S~ CD

8800's... dont they have like 768mb of VRAM? I havent a clue how their memory would be filled and people with 256mb have no problems.. :S

Honestly, all the bitching is getting tiresome. If you play around with the settings (and provided you have a semi decent rig), you can get ArmA running properly and thats a fact. I know 10 different people with 10 different configs and they are all playing the game and enjoying it.

Christ on a bike,have you not been reading this thread pistols.gif I have posted on here 3 times because of knobs like you saying if you play around with settings and have got a decent rig you can get it running ok.Just accept some people can't even with decent rigs! Now for the 4th time my rig p4,3.2  1gig ram,geforce7600gs512mb. I can only get 18fps max no matter what i do.Now shut it and accept the fact. EDIT= just read the post below!18 fps max classed as "playable" you also are talking like a knob

Well 18 can be classified as playable.

Just think of the huge island your playing on. You should be glad its 18 and not 10. icon_rolleyes.gif

I don't want to bring back the HD issue, but I have to add something new to it.

I sometiems get horrible lag in towns for about 30 seconds or so where it drops to 2 fps. At that point, the HD light is on...

After about 30 seconds, or a minute, it settles and everything becomes playable again. That happens sometimes randomly.

I know its not a background program because this only happens to OFP, and I play other games too.

I also noticed that compared to other games like Gothic 3, ARMA uses way less memory.

Also, I doubt its an 8800 isue for those having 8800 cards. Check to see how other games are playing, and if its only ARMA causing issues, then its not a card problem.

When speaking about an 8800 problem i'm speaking about

the alt-tab problem only - nothing else.

HD shouldn't be a problem if it's not a problem at all -which

means that the HD is faulty or whatever.

18 - cannot be classified as playable - whatever your opinion about it is - it's just not playable. wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

There are obvious preformance issies with the game. Again, there are people with lesser rigs running it with no problems, while those with like specs that are having difficulties. The same goes for those with high-end PC gaming rigs. Could be a unoptmized engine, could be hardware conflicts. Seeing as how these issues are so diverse, as well to include the users PC specs...any guess is as good as mine.

AMD 64 X2 5000+

3G RAM

Radeon X1900

[imghttp://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p98/Marines0811/armasettings.jpg[/img]

Considering your warning level if I were you I'd read the rules. 48hr PR for you. Shadow.

Quote[/b] ]Your PC is higher spec than mine. I play with my settings mostly on high. Something is wrong. No junk software running in the background? Lower AF and AA, make sure transparency AA is turned off in the Nvidia control panel. Make sure AA and AF are set to application controlled in the drivers - set them in the game rather.

yeh. nothing in the back.

also forgot to add i have a x-fi sound card.

its shitting me,

Honestly, all the bitching is getting tiresome. If you play around with the settings (and provided you have a semi decent rig), you can get ArmA running properly and thats a fact. I know 10 different people with 10 different configs and they are all playing the game and enjoying it.

Christ on a bike,have you not been reading this thread pistols.gif I have posted on here 3 times because of knobs like you saying if you play around with settings and have got a decent rig you can get it running ok.Just accept some people can't even with decent rigs! Now for the 4th time my rig p4,3.2  1gig ram,geforce7600gs512mb. I can only get 18fps max no matter what i do.Now shut it and accept the fact. EDIT= just read the post below!18 fps max classed as "playable" you also are talking like a knob

Yah I've been reading it and if you'd bothered to read my post properly you will see that I am not having a go at people with legitimate problems. I wont enter into another flame war but you need to learn some manners goodnight.gif

Well it seems that not everyone with a high end rig has problems playing ArmA. Therefore the issues cannot lie within the game, otherwise all high end rigs would be suffering issues.

So its gotta be a hardware/driver/system issue... but im stumped to know what that would be :S

Doesnt seem like anyone has the answer to some rigs suffering worse than others... :S

If people that can't play arma on their rigs but can play all other state of the art games without problems than it also can't be their hardware/system whatsoever issue. If they only have problems with arma than it is more probably that arma has issues not a Hardware.

If people that can't play arma on their rigs but can play all other state of the art games without problems than it also can't be their hardware/system whatsoever issue. If they only have problems with arma than it is more probably that arma has issues not a Hardware.

That depends on how ArmA runs on their system and their expectations on how it should run, alot of people are dissapointed by how ArmA runs, even when they dont have problems, but compared to other games you really have to put the detail a step lower. (For obvious reasons ofcourse)

But when i look at the ArmAmark scores i see quite alot of people with better specs then mine but lower scores on the same detail level. (hell, take a look on the 2nd page of the ArmAmark scores, all kinds of x1900's, 7800's and even some 8800's, im the slowest of them all (x2 4200+/1,5gb ram/x1600XT), yet my score is higher then most of them (2229) (only looking at people with the same detail level). In that case there is defintly something wrong those peoples PCs, either their far from optimized, they did some wrong with their settings (driver/game) or what? huh.gif

After all, when someone with a Athlon64 X2 3800 MHz 2048 MB Geforce 7950 GT 512 MB only gets 2240 points (on normal settings), then either my PC is way too fast for some reason, ir this person has problems with his PC. (or his details arent  on normal, but in that case testing would be usless for him tounge2.gif )