Sign in to follow this  
bum71

Horrible Performance...

Quote[/b] ]Fortunately you told us what settings you used so we can help you

just standard, put my reso up to my native of 1920 * 1200

i can run every game max graphics, but this doesnt even run low well,

i dont have aa or af on either.

the max i would get is 30 fps...

i get the thing where you move the mouse and you get a delayed reaction...

lame

Quote[/b] ]Fortunately you told us what settings you used so we can help you

just standard, put my reso up to my native of 1920 * 1200

i can run every game max graphics, but this doesnt even run low well,

i dont have aa or af on either.

the max i would get is 30 fps...

i get the thing where you move the mouse and you get a delayed reaction...

lame

Stop acting like a 10 year old.

The mouse turning thing: Turn of vsync in your driver settings

And ArmA is an incredibly heavy game (400km island, enormous amount of soldiers in 1 map compared to other games, huge viewdistance (games like HL2/splinter cell have a viewdistance of what? 100 or 200meters?).

Let me tell you: Noone here runs this game on that resolution with >30FPS, so you should turn it down, if you dont..

Well, then indeed, you have to turn down other things, thats quite logical tounge2.gif

Well have you seen the bug list? its huge...

also.... wtf is with the sound, very poor job, they still talk like robots.

and not to mention that you cant reload without at least walking or moving, still lame.

Honestly, all the bitching is getting tiresome. If you play around with the settings (and provided you have a semi decent rig), you can get ArmA running properly and thats a fact. I know 10 different people with 10 different configs and they are all playing the game and enjoying it.

There are too many people in here with old rigs and high expectations. This isn't BF2 etc. You arent going to run it @ 1920 x 1200 with details maxed etc. You couldn't do it with OFP when it was initially released and you can't do it with ArmA. I'm more than willing to help people with legitimate problems but use some common sense before posting.

Honestly, all the bitching is getting tiresome. If you play around with the settings (and provided you have a semi decent rig), you can get ArmA running properly and thats a fact.

That's not a fact at all - I've been fiddling around with it for weeks and get terrible performance no matter what settings I use. The framerate is just as poor on 1280x1024 as it is on 1680x1050 - and this is with an E6600, 8800GTS, 2gig DDR2 ram. I was on the demo earlier with a few friends and I was barely hitting 20fps!

Honestly, all the bitching is getting tiresome. If you play around with the settings (and provided you have a semi decent rig), you can get ArmA running properly and thats a fact.

That's not a fact at all - I've been fiddling around with it for weeks and get terrible performance no matter what settings I use. The framerate is just as poor on 1280x1024 as it is on 1680x1050 - and this is with an E6600, 8800GTS, 2gig DDR2 ram. I was on the demo earlier with a few friends and I was barely hitting 20fps!

Something is wrong then, your system should run the game with no problems. I know people who are running it with no problems using rigs similar to yours.

PS : See if this helps http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1547

Also, make sure the card drivers are set to "Application Controlled" for AA and AF.

Well... to make my contribution to this.

I think I need to support whiskey ... I have a rather slow pc (xp2000+ (1.66 Ghz, 1 gig ram @ FSB 266, radeon 9600pro) but the game is quite playable on medium on this machine.

The only explanation I have for this is the use of SATA RAID0 !

I realized oul ofp was demanding on HDs and after a change it went smooth like whatnot ^^

My average HD speed is 100 MB/s so.... if you want to run arma smooth, get yourself a RAID0 system.

Something is wrong then, your system should run the game with no problems. I know people who are running it with no problems using rigs similar to yours.

Also, make sure the card drivers are set to "Application Controlled" for AA and AF.

He also mentioned the "Demo" which I think has a problem, I'm on a 3500+ @ 2.4Ghz 6800GT 256MB and 1GB Ram. Running CTF in the demo I always seem to be stuck around 20 - 22 FPS and thats from changing all options from Low to High and back etc. Even lower or higher resolutions barely makes any difference in framerate.

Looking into the sky with nothing in view my FPS only goes up to mid 30's while in the full version it jumps up a lot higher.

also.... wtf is with the sound, very poor job, they still talk like robots.

and not to mention that you cant reload without at least walking or moving, still lame.

At least they talk, i dont know any other games where they talk properly (excect screaming 'grenade' or whatever)

The reloading things is done on purpose.

All your complaints are just stupid too be honest, are you sure you even liked OFP? confused_o.gif

i loved OFP..... it was the best game out at the time, played it for three years almost, and i was really excited about arma, until i played it,

honestly, stop being fanboys and realize that this game need urgent fix, and should not have been released when it was.

this is like a beta... its terrible.

wow! just tried to play the demo and what happened, crash to desktop before it reached the menu.....

whoops forgot to change my audigy card to game mode, why is this game so buggy why!?!?!

i will not be buying this game, im getting c2d and various errors because my sound card isnt set to game mode....

So what? Why would you want to play it without your sound card in Game Mode? It's like 3 mouse clicks to change modes, and you can get a program that does it for you. Some people just don't make sense.

wow! just tried to play the demo and what happened, crash to desktop before it reached the menu.....

whoops forgot to change my audigy card to game mode, why is this game so buggy why!?!?!

/sigh, I give up.

E

but it should work regardless.....

its not good enough.

full stop

Why would you want to play in Entertainment mode? Man you are being stupid.

man does it matter.....

i dont bother changing modes, i just want to play without it crashing.

Well then leave it in game mode icon_rolleyes.gif .

Maybe its a driver bug? Since I got a much lowerend system than you and I have 45fps in just normal terrain in north, 30fps in large towns and 20fps at minimum. crazy_o.gif

Maybe its a driver bug? Since I got a much lowerend system than you and I have 45fps in just normal terrain in north, 30fps in large towns and 20fps at minimum.  crazy_o.gif

It must be a driver-bug.

I'm using a E6700, 2GB RAM and GF7950GX2 and getting mostly 50-55fps at 1280x1024 after I made a real SLI-profile with nhancer. Earlier I got 30 fps in the same places.

View: 2000m

Terrain: high

Object det: high

Obj tex: high

Shading: high

Post-effects: low

AF: very high

shadows: medium

AA: low

Blood: high

With the 8800-series cards you should make sure you're using Forceware 97.92 which actually support the 8800.  smile_o.gif

so any tips on making this game run smooth....?

Lower graphics options. tounge2.gif

He also mentioned the "Demo" which I think has a problem, I'm on a 3500+ @ 2.4Ghz 6800GT 256MB and 1GB Ram. Running CTF in the demo I always seem to be stuck around 20 - 22 FPS and thats from changing all options from Low to High and back etc. Even lower or higher resolutions barely makes any difference in framerate.

Looking into the sky with nothing in view my FPS only goes up to mid 30's while in the full version it jumps up a lot higher.

Na, I've got the full version too - no better in that either. Pretty much the only time I get over 30fps is out in the desert with nothing about!

so any tips on making this game run smooth....?

If u got decent cooling overclock wink_o.gif

settings are all on low sad_o.gif

its way to hot to oc atm, summer here, and i don't want to heat things up to much,